[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Crusender

Quote from: Dacksi on February 27, 2016, 01:17:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I can not him Destruct. I can switch on and off and power supply it only :(
true in 2.4d you cant destruct them you need blow it whit artillery. it is fix it 2.5 beta.

Quote from: Haxecutor on February 27, 2016, 04:57:33 PM
Hi Folks,

My colonists won't interact with the Assembling Workbench. I have all the necessary resources but they won't make spare parts. If I order them manually to do so it says that I don't have the necessary resources. Argh!

Does anybody have an idea what to do? :)
check detail of the receipt, you need 30 solid alloy and 30 conduction alloy (normally 30 steel alloy and 30 copper alloy) check if you move pick-up radius of the receipt (make it a bit bigger if you reduce it), check if you not forbidden the ingredients on ground. when if order manually you dont have the ressources you dont have it. be prepare dont read lot of receipt have later on they become complex whit other kind of alloy in the mix.

Bob_Namg

Colonists just stand and wander at the start. No idea what's causing it.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

Crusender

Quote from: Bob_Namg on February 28, 2016, 01:02:06 AM
Colonists just stand and wander at the start. No idea what's causing it.

which version do you use, if 2.4d, can you share your save maybe i will can help you.

Masquerine

Quote from: Haxecutor on February 27, 2016, 04:57:33 PM

Thanks for the help. Just one more question: Where & how can I produce copper alloy, which I need for the electronic part production? My thought was that either the smelting furnance or the electric smelter would help me here, but nope.
Copper Alloy is made at the Smelting Furnace, which is available from the very start of the game without research. If you are unable to see this, then perhaps you didn't copy over all of HSK's files correctly? When you get asked to overwrite "Core", you need to say yes. Attached is a picture from the latest version of Github HSK with the Smelting Furnace working as intended.

For anyone wondering why Aluminum by hand is absent from the Smelting Furnace, that is because of how the real life process for Aluminum works. In order to create Aluminum from ore, electrical current is needed as a reaction agent. This is why you can't make it by hand and why Coal Ore or Charcoal as a flux won't work like other ores types would. I added a few notes to the deposit, ore and alloy for Aluminum to describe that.

Quote from: angrybold on February 27, 2016, 04:41:44 PM
guys im having trouble with my fishes
trouble being that i cannot get any food out of butchering them
it just butchers them, they disappear, nothing comes out
help pls :(
Lennard
Are you using an old version of HSK? Current Github build seems to be allowing proper butchery of fish. I tested all the recipes on the Butcher Table. I know in Syndicate D there were a few issues with fish butchery, but it seems to be fine now.

We're still trying to get to the bottom of the "traders don't have goods/won't trade" issue. This one is stubborn because there is no actual error mentioned in the log, but something is obviously wrong.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Delekhan

Hello,

How stable is the 2.5 version on GitHub? How close to release is it?

Also in my experience modding, the trader not trading/no inventory issue often has to do with the TraderDef XML files missing or certain trader types being incorrectly defined, or items/item categories being incorrectly defined or parsed. It doesn't deliver an error, it sounds like that may be the problem.

EDIT: I looked at the GitHum TraderDef XML File. I found this on the Deep Space Mining Ship:

<li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef">
        <thingDef>Apparel_HS</thingDef>
        <countRange>
          <min>1</min>
          <max>3</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>
        <thingDef>Apparel_HSH</thingDef>
        <countRange>
          <min>1</min>
          <max>3</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>

The problem could be that the <li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef"> for the Apparel category items needs to be <li Class="StockGenerator_Category"> Since it's an item category, not a specific item.

Masquerine

Quote from: Delekhan on February 28, 2016, 12:49:05 PM
Hello,

How stable is the 2.5 version on GitHub? How close to release is it?

Also in my experience modding, the trader not trading/no inventory issue often has to do with the TraderDef XML files missing or certain trader types being incorrectly defined, or items/item categories being incorrectly defined or parsed. It doesn't deliver an error, it sounds like that may be the problem.

EDIT: I looked at the GitHum TraderDef XML File. I found this on the Deep Space Mining Ship:

<thingDef>Apparel_HS</thingDef>
        <countRange>
          <min>1</min>
          <max>3</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>
        <thingDef>Apparel_HSH</thingDef>
        <countRange>
          <min>1</min>
          <max>3</max>
        </countRange>
      </li>

The problem could be that the <li Class="StockGenerator_SingleDef"> for the Apparel category items needs to be <li Class="StockGenerator_Category"> Since it's an item category, not a specific item.
I'll give that a try and see what happens, as well as taking a look at the others now that I have a hint at what might be the issue. Sky wants to release 2.5 soon, but no specific date mentioned. A lot of game breaking bugs and issues have been fixed since Syndicate D. There are a few outstanding bugs to fix that Sky will likely get to today dealing with the .dlls. Most annoying bug atm would be equipping melee weapons causes pawns to freeze when attempting to fight fires. I'm currently fixing up some minor things in a variety of areas (materials not being applied to some buildings, incorrect names, ect) The usual.

All items seem to be showing up now. Was an error in a different file preventing some of it from showing up, among other things. Possibly almost fixed it all. Possibly.

While testing I unintentionally found a different bug. The embark-spawn hidden Mechanoids (centipede and terminatrix in this case) spam the log with errors. Terminatrix also defied death. Immune to kill command, immune to 5k damage command. Only killed it after about 100x spam click of bomb area. Still spamming log. Centipede failed to die given enough injuries to kill it.

krockle21

I've been having an issue with this mod pack, I don't know if it's particular to this pack, it doesn't happen every play through, and it's happened over multiple versions.  At a certain point while playing my frame rate will start to drop a bit at 3x speed, then not too long after that it will drop enough that playing at 3x speed is slower or the same actual speed as 2x speed.  Eventually everything is so slow that I can really only play at 1x speed.  Usually before that point I will have quit that save.

I assume this is not graphics related, but due to the game not being able to calculate each cycle fast enough so the game seems to slow down while it does that.  I am not seeing any of my CPU's max out.  Is this a bottleneck in the engine, or is there something I can do to find out what is causing this issue?

Specs
i7 980X @ 3.33GHz
12 GB of Ram
Game and OS are running on an SSD

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide or if there are any suggestions on troubleshooting this.  Thanks in advance.

edit: Forgot to mention that this persists through reloads and reboots. 

Delekhan

Glad I could help find the trader problem. Let me know if you'd like any more help with the mod as far as balancing, finding bugs, etc.

Crusender

Quote from: krockle21 on February 28, 2016, 02:23:07 PM
I've been having an issue with this mod pack, I don't know if it's particular to this pack, it doesn't happen every play through, and it's happened over multiple versions.  At a certain point while playing my frame rate will start to drop a bit at 3x speed, then not too long after that it will drop enough that playing at 3x speed is slower or the same actual speed as 2x speed.  Eventually everything is so slow that I can really only play at 1x speed.  Usually before that point I will have quit that save.

I assume this is not graphics related, but due to the game not being able to calculate each cycle fast enough so the game seems to slow down while it does that.  I am not seeing any of my CPU's max out.  Is this a bottleneck in the engine, or is there something I can do to find out what is causing this issue?

Specs
i7 980X @ 3.33GHz
12 GB of Ram
Game and OS are running on an SSD

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide or if there are any suggestions on troubleshooting this.  Thanks in advance.

edit: Forgot to mention that this persists through reloads and reboots.

need picture of your Dev log, and which version do you play, if 2.5, depending when you take it still have bug it that can start bottleneck game for error. About  how mush playtime it start to slow down? and map size too, this game is not optimized and whit this mod pack add lot of stuff has you become bigger the game has to think of more stuff and more stuff so it will slow down. and a give a copy of the save maybe i will can see real trouble.

Wexit

I'm having issues with the 2.5 pack on github. Twice now I stop receiving any events (traders, drop pods, raid, etc) around the end of the first year. The first time I had this issue I had changed storytellers a couple of times. The second time I replaced the pack with the latest version (around thursday last week) and never changed the storyteller. Not sure if there are any logs I need to provide, but let me know if I can give any additional info. Neither of these saves had any of the "optional" mods on.

Masquerine

Quote from: Wexit on February 28, 2016, 05:14:20 PM
I'm having issues with the 2.5 pack on github. Twice now I stop receiving any events (traders, drop pods, raid, etc) around the end of the first year. The first time I had this issue I had changed storytellers a couple of times. The second time I replaced the pack with the latest version (around thursday last week) and never changed the storyteller. Not sure if there are any logs I need to provide, but let me know if I can give any additional info. Neither of these saves had any of the "optional" mods on.
When you updated the pack, did you do a clean install of it or did you overwrite the old HSK version that was already installed? If you overwrote the old HSK with the new one then that could cause issues. If not, then it might be something else.

I think I'm done playing around fixing traders. They seem to be working as they should now with my changes.

Wexit

Quote from: Masquerine on February 28, 2016, 05:19:43 PM
When you updated the pack, did you do a clean install of it or did you overwrite the old HSK version that was already installed? If you overwrote the old HSK with the new one then that could cause issues. If not, then it might be something else.

I think I'm done playing around fixing traders. They seem to be working as they should now with my changes.
Clean install. Deleted the game folder and cleared the ludeon folder in .roaming.

kaneage

Im sure im missing something but i dont understand how to get integraded circuits.  i have the tech and capability to build them but they require plastic to make.  Plastic is made from oil (I believe) which i need a mineral sonar to mine, but the sonar requires circuits.  Im caught in a loop here so some advise would be appreciated.  This is my first game with this mod and i like it so far, im just really confused about how to proceed now.  If im missing something please point it out to me

Crusender

Quote from: kaneage on February 28, 2016, 05:41:54 PM
Im sure im missing something but i dont understand how to get integraded circuits.  i have the tech and capability to build them but they require plastic to make.  Plastic is made from oil (I believe) which i need a mineral sonar to mine, but the sonar requires circuits.  Im caught in a loop here so some advise would be appreciated.  This is my first game with this mod and i like it so far, im just really confused about how to proceed now.  If im missing something please point it out to me
you don't need mining sonar for mine, you need build a drill rig on the crude oil patch, then extractor finally process all this in refinery. Mining sonar is for find those patch more easily, but you can still find them by hand (whit beta 2.5 they are a lot more easier to find)

Crusender

Quote from: Wexit on February 28, 2016, 05:23:58 PM
Quote from: Masquerine on February 28, 2016, 05:19:43 PM

Clean install. Deleted the game folder and cleared the ludeon folder in .roaming.
May we know which storyteller you pick and difficulty? do the dev log have anything special in red in it (dev log can be see whit activation dev mode in game option)