[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Gotiko

Hello ! I have problem with installing mod on my version of Rimworld. I've got debug screen when I enable the mods. I've installed it as it should be. Can i get a clue ? And yeah I've downgrade my version to A14e.
EDIT. Okey i can finally open game with mods but when I generate the world it crash.

Dragnov

With the tech curve increased exponantially, what is the early game survival strategy? Think me taking the Jotunheim storyteller ramped up the difficulty as I get 8-12 man norbal raids every couple days.

skyarkhangel

So we need Pathfinder for A14 version to work fine? or its works with A15 too?

Quote from: Dragnov on October 17, 2016, 04:27:42 PM
With the tech curve increased exponantially, what is the early game survival strategy? Think me taking the Jotunheim storyteller ramped up the difficulty as I get 8-12 man norbal raids every couple days.

it all depends on your strategy, many players are developing tech in different ways. I dont advise to choose Hildegarde(Jotunheim) as storyteller. Its the most complicated storyteller for now.

Nimrod

Quote from: skyarkhangel on October 17, 2016, 07:05:52 PM
So we need Pathfinder for A14 version to work fine? or its works with A15 too?

Its A15 (I only used and tested it for that, no clue about A14), but drop the developer a line. He seems like a cool guy... :)

arc89

Hey guys im playing on 4.0 version of the mod from the first post. I cant install EPOE parts like wooden foot, only craft them. Any way to fix this without starting new game? I dont mind editing some files.

miguelsz2

You need a specific research to install artificial limbs. I think it's "hospitals" but i'm not entirely sure.

sidfu

for those haveing refuel issues i think i kinda found how to get it to work right.

1.  the refuel at seems to actualy be refuel till. so at its defualt of 20% they put a 75ish stack only.
2.  set the refuel ammount to 50 or greater. for me below 50 they tended to ignore the refuel job but at 100 they did it to much 50 seemed to be the sweet spot. u can also set to 100 then when its got how much u want set to 50.

i did that and in 4 hours of play never had to even bother about refueling.

im thinking it should had been refuel till and not at but i didnt write that mod so. all i knoww is what i did above made the fuel system work.

Zakhad

Quote from: sidfu on October 18, 2016, 12:15:10 PM
for those haveing refuel issues i think i kinda found how to get it to work right.

1.  the refuel at seems to actualy be refuel till. so at its defualt of 20% they put a 75ish stack only.
2.  set the refuel ammount to 50 or greater. for me below 50 they tended to ignore the refuel job but at 100 they did it to much 50 seemed to be the sweet spot. u can also set to 100 then when its got how much u want set to 50.

im thinking it should had been refuel till and not at but i didnt write that mod so. all i knoww is what i did above made the fuel system work.

I've been also testing around with this and i have to agree 20% default is quite bad / gets overridden by other job's when its now necessary to refuel, so having a higher threshold means that it'll get refilled more often or rather kept above the point of where it'd ever be a problem. 50% is where I'm at also.

sidfu

Quote from: Zakhad on October 18, 2016, 01:46:35 PM
Quote from: sidfu on October 18, 2016, 12:15:10 PM

I've been also testing around with this and i have to agree 20% default is quite bad / gets overridden by other job's when its now necessary to refuel, so having a higher threshold means that it'll get refilled more often or rather kept above the point of where it'd ever be a problem. 50% is where I'm at also.

also what percentage u set is how much they will fill it by. 20= 75 stack and 50= 150 so more time between fueling.

also there needs to be some tweaking on burn times.
for example charcoal should have low burn temp but should burn for long time. thats the whole reason to use charcoal is that is slow burning.

Tollazor

Just tested the latest version of Better Pathfinding with Hardcore SK (and nothing else) using a14e. Frozen pawns still.

Zakhad

Quote from: Tollazor on October 18, 2016, 07:25:28 PM
Just tested the latest version of Better Pathfinding with Hardcore SK (and nothing else) using a14e. Frozen pawns still.

[A15] Better Pathfinding (v1.2.1 update 10/16)

Zakhad

What era of technology are you guys encountering the new skynet event?

I've just encountered them, and I'm currently ending the end of the primitive research tech, armed with 9x19mm / .40 /  12 gauge emp shells (Basically cheap stuff I could grab off vendors / low tier raiders)
And at the moment I'm finding this quite absurd. How am I supposed to kill them 4 vs 1 (the one dude you receive from the event) got who can effectively tank them, if you position him/her/it correctly while you have like 3-5 of you own pawns backstab/blast the living daylight out of them - I'm burning through 100-200 rounds of ammo (mixed types AP/HP etc) with me only killing 1 before they kill my dude. (Also are emp round intentionally meant to have zero effect on them? I figured that might have been my one early game saving grace)

This is on my first year 5501 first spring, (I started in summer) This event needs to be at least year 3 onwards or at least a colony wealth of 500,000 (I have 95,000) when they arrived. I have to accept the event because I have no idea if I'm going to get the unique event again.

It's not impossible but I do think that it needs looking at. What I'm really interested to know is how other people have dealt with the new event, for a comparative of what kind of gear / tech do you have at your disposal when compared to mine, to know weather or not I'm just really scrub. :P

I'm playing on Cassandra classic, at challenging difficulty.

Edit: the smallest raid event I got after reloading was 2 the biggest 4, this event really needs a fixed amount. 2 was beatable, 3 I ran out of ammo and barely cheesed it, 4 i just got wrecked. For people who don't know why I'm struggling it's because most of their body parts have around 900 hit points. (Including yours of course otherwise why would you bother)

skyarkhangel

Skynet save/load fix, ready on github. Compatible with savegame with already missing textures, its start work fine  ;)

CreepyD

skyarkhangel

Quote from: CreepyD on October 19, 2016, 08:24:43 AM
Can you just 'disagree' and avoid the event?

If disagree, "guest" leave the map, but attack has not been canceled.
I think you ask and what's the point? In fact, If accept before ~120 passed days since start game, will come T800. If later.. T1000 with transform feature, etc.. Also, if terminator will be killed, then the event may be repeated later. Terminator will tell you about it before death.