[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Kenji

Jorundr

Fresh install, and I'm getting all of these errors: https://gist.github.com/c9ff7ce1fff7d7b7ecd22b1beef20d4a

Haven't actually played yet, don't know if they cause actual issues, but I think they might. Not sure what I might've done wrong during installation, but will try reinstalling everything to see if that'll fix it.

Edit: After a complete reinstall, the errors persist. I will now try playing.

Edit 2: Unable to progress further than "generate planet" step. No matter what settings, I simply get returned to the generate planet menu after attempting to generate a planet.

Edit 3: I've re-replaced the modlist xml file in the appdata folder, and now get the following errors: https://gist.github.com/7c16d647011e589812a0fbd7f2a177fa - appears to be fixed? Will re-test.

Edit 4: Everything appears to be working now.

Smexy_Vampire

hay i was playing with this modpack thismorning and theres some cool stuff in the mod pack. i would like to ask if its posable to pull some of them out into moduals so you can pick and choose witch ones to be active . i most loved the superior crafting stuff like the vat and some of the other crafting things . allso the factions and the clothings. i just rilly dislike cobat realisum and some other nit pics makes it hard to play on a laptop

joeloverbeck

I installed an oil extractor after drilling into the deposit, and tried it for a while, getting around 200 of crude oil out before I turned it off. I had to set up the whole chemical industry. I got tangled with other stuff, as it often happens in this game, and by the time I was building the refinery, a message told that the oil deposit was depleted. As mentioned, I only used it for a while, but I assume that the internal code mistakenly took it as operating constantly. I'm guessing this is a mistake. Is there a way of making the deposit operable again manipulating the save file?

Oragepoilu

@smexy

Removing combat realism would be done only in the case you would want to remake a full modpack, as this mod come with a lot, lot, lot of problems of compatibility. That's *way* too much work IMO. And I'm pretty sure the author of this modpack think the same about it.

What do you dislike with it ? Just curious.

@joe

I have yet to do it (out of silver to make elec part) but can't you simply just rebuild it ?

I think it works like the mineral deposit, and just have a fixed timer (mine extractor is 250 000 tic if I remember). So it's better to just let it go anyway, and if you don't want to haul the stuff yet just place it in a closed space and lock the door.
not sure it's a mistake more than just a convenient way to do it for modder. Can't tell myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game lack of way of checking time spend with power activated only (as nothing in vanilla do something like this).

Smexy_Vampire

the micromangey of the ammo and ammo types also some weapons are way more powerfull and use less ammo.

i am mainly interested in the new factions , apparel and the cool med mods along with the power.

i allso dont know witch items are linked into the assembly or i would pull the def's apart to make my own stuff to play with.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on February 08, 2017, 07:07:58 AM
hay i was playing with this modpack thismorning and theres some cool stuff in the mod pack. i would like to ask if its posable to pull some of them out into moduals so you can pick and choose witch ones to be active . i most loved the superior crafting stuff like the vat and some of the other crafting things . allso the factions and the clothings. i just rilly dislike cobat realisum and some other nit pics makes it hard to play on a laptop

Per Sky (modpack creator) you have to have at least: Core, Combat Realism, and CoreSK. Everything else you can yank but not these three, they are tied tightly together.

M00nStalker

Quote from: joeloverbeck on February 08, 2017, 07:36:11 AM
I installed an oil extractor after drilling into the deposit, and tried it for a while, getting around 200 of crude oil out before I turned it off. I had to set up the whole chemical industry. I got tangled with other stuff, as it often happens in this game, and by the time I was building the refinery, a message told that the oil deposit was depleted. As mentioned, I only used it for a while, but I assume that the internal code mistakenly took it as operating constantly. I'm guessing this is a mistake. Is there a way of making the deposit operable again manipulating the save file?
It seems that once drilled an oil well runs out (in something like 60 days), no matter if you pump up oil or not.

It is however easily fixable, no need to manipulate the save file. Simply turn on dev mode, look for "Tool: Try place near thing" and do a search for "fissure". Click the button that lights up and click the ground. Either directly under the oil well where the previous fissure was or somewhere else and build a new one.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on February 08, 2017, 11:32:41 AM
Per Sky (modpack creator) you have to have at least: Core, Combat Realism, and CoreSK. Everything else you can yank but not these three, they are tied tightly together.

sadly some of the stuff i want are in the coreSK. ie organ vat and modular tiered hydroponics. posably her skynet factions 

Kirinya

Quote from: joeloverbeck on February 08, 2017, 07:36:11 AM

At least in A14 (I just started with A16 and am still far away from building the first oil extractor), the drilled fissure drains after a certain time, independent from how long the oil extractor was working or not, but you can always raze the oil extractor and re-drill the hole, then rebuild the oil extractor.

I guess you could see it as, after a while dirt starts to get in the pipes until they clog. In my opinion, it also is a nice balancing factor for the early mid-game when you normally do not have enough power to run the oil extractor all the time - so you will not get as much oil out of your resources as in the later game.

Gaest

Quote from: silverskin on January 23, 2017, 02:45:33 PM
I'm getting a weird problem with the power switches. If I build one in a game then save and quit, I will never be able to load that game again. Ever. It will glitch out and won't load. There's no problem while the game is running, it's just that it'll never load back up if I quit.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone built any working power switches and find they can still save, quit and reload that game?

Can confirm: the basic power switch is currently broken. It works in the game, but inevitably leads to crash on reload.

I can't figure out what is the precise problem with the switch, yet here the workaround to restore broken saves while maintaining the power switch functionality:

1.Locate and open file %Rimworld folder%\Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Power_SK.xml
2.Find the string <thingClass>SK.Building_PowerSwitchMod</thingClass>. This is the 4th string in the data structure describing "Power switch" entity.
3.Replace "SK.Building_PowerSwitchMod" with "Building_PowerSwitch". That way the game will use the unmodded power switch object.
4.Open your save file.
5.Locate all strings "<thing Class="SK.Building_PowerSwitchMod">" and replace them with "<thing Class="Building_PowerSwitch">".

Oragepoilu

I did the nuclear fallout event recently (including wasteland randomly spam here and here, no crop, instant kill outside, etc) and find it "challenging" in his own way.

However, zeon (another event) is straight up invincible, is it by purpose ?

(for people that have yet to get it, think about a mech slow but perma near invincible shield + long range weaponry + retaliate storm + summon melee mech + very hight health regen )

The message for this event hint to flee, but I find it really lame to be forced to lose a full map just because of one event, especially since it take quite a long time to make it trough regular event and grow a colony.

caiowb

I'm here just to tell that ZEON EVENT is way too OP.
It appeared to me while we didn't even had kevlars and decent weapons, even using terminator to lure him until his ammo was depleted and then hitting him with all the colonists weapons didn't yield nothing, as his regen would just ignore the guns damage.

Pirate

My game stopped working. When I load the game I can interact with it, only thing I notice not working is the colonist bar. And as soon as I unpause the game it stops responding.

Last major thing I built before this save was a cleaner bot.

Log attached.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Karim666

Hey Guys and Girls , after a terminator prototype join my colony colonistBar just started showing this error and after a while the UI disappeared and it would only come back if the terminator died or have been removed, and One other thing I'm getting an error that the terminator is not deep-saved and it would cause an error while loading the game which it don't

• The ColonistBar Error is:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ColonistBarKF.PSI.PSI.DrawColonistIcons (Verse.Pawn colonist, Boolean psi, Single rectAlpha, Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.ColonistBar_KF.ColonistBarOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• The terminator error is:

Object with load ID Thing_Human8799 is referenced (xml node name: pawn) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DebugLoadIDsSavingErrorsChecker:CheckForErrorsAndClear()
Verse.Scribe:FinalizeWriting()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.<DoFileInteraction>c__AnonStorey381:<>m__4B2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]