[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

flying tomato

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 10, 2017, 08:09:52 AM
@tomato

An I5 6600 is wayyyy wayyyy wayyyy not enough to play on the biggest map size lmao. Even the faster out here won't do it with "no problem".

I must say, you shouldn't even think about playing over the normal size with this modpack with this one, as later you will have even more lag.

I'm not saying this cpu sucks per see, but it's clearly not enough to deal with the hight amount of stuff that queue regularly.

@sergio

I don't know what "advanced research table" you talk about. There is a primitive, normal, Hi-tech, and additional multi analyzer.
All of them are under the same tab, Misc (between sun lamp and medical facility)

I do not agree, I played this modpack few months ago and even on weaker cpu (amd fx 8150) and I played just fine on biggest maps. Something happend lately, something is causing this. i5 6600 is more than good for this game

Devinel

Hey, I am at year 1 yet havent found gamebreaking bugs.

But two questions.
It seems like stockpile-priority is buggy. Haygrass dont get moved to my animals when its set to important.

And the other thing is. how can i make fences impassable? i changed it like i saw some pages before but they still crawl over it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Devinel on February 10, 2017, 02:28:41 PM
Hey, I am at year 1 yet havent found gamebreaking bugs.

But two questions.
It seems like stockpile-priority is buggy. Haygrass dont get moved to my animals when its set to important.

And the other thing is. how can i make fences impassable? i changed it like i saw some pages before but they still crawl over it.

Stockpile won't accept it? Or are you saying that they don't prioritize moving that first?

If the second, that is not what stockpiles prioritize, they just prioritize which stockpile things go to, not in what order things are hauled.

If the first is the problem, you'll have to watch where they are hauling the haygrass and make sure that stockpile is either set at a lower priority or make sure they are not zone restricted from getting to the higher priority stockpile.

Pirate

Allow fresh organics.

Devinel

Quote from: Pirate on February 10, 2017, 04:35:27 PM
Allow fresh organics.

that was the point.thx alot

Tootsieroll

I have an issue where my colonist refuses to research certain projects. He can research other projects like normal but when I select certain projects, he simply stops and does other things like crafting and such.
Can this be fixed cuz one of the projects he refuses to research is automated turrets and I desperately need them for my defence.
Also, my cows don't sleep on my animal beds for some reason even though they can fit in them and they're in the allowed area.

Oragepoilu

@toot

Are you trying to research thing like "Sentry turret" ?

They require, like some other end game research, a Hi-tech research bench and a multi analizer (both with power). If you don't have them you cannot research it. Check if you have them.
If you want to know what bench you need for each research, simply read the description.

If that's not because of this, I don't know.

M00nStalker

I'm going to hell...

I needed compost for tilled/rich soil and my future hydroponics. The catch was that my map didn't have too much nitre and I didn't want to waste a mining rig to pull that up and then have a colonist make compost. I started hunting small animals but even that wasn't enough. However it turns out a small chicken gives as much compost as a large muffalo.  So I came up with another idea. I purchased a few hens and a rooster from a passing trader and started breeding chickens like crazy. After getting up 15 hens as breeding stock I used the fantastic manager mod to automatically assign every juvenile chicken to a new area. An area that's filled with compost bins, a steam geyser and an industrial heater, temperature 90 C. Naturally the chickens that's in this area suffer heatstroke, quite quickly. As they're already on the compost bins I don't even need to have a colonist haul the bodies.

The result is a close to unlimited supply of compost for no cost (the breeding stock are free range) and very minimal effort.

I do not condone cooking chickens alive.

Kadrush

Quote from: M00nStalker on February 11, 2017, 05:38:43 AM
I'm going to hell...

I needed compost for tilled/rich soil and my future hydroponics. The catch was that my map didn't have too much nitre and I didn't want to waste a mining rig to pull that up and then have a colonist make compost. I started hunting small animals but even that wasn't enough. However it turns out a small chicken gives as much compost as a large muffalo.  So I came up with another idea. I purchased a few hens and a rooster from a passing trader and started breeding chickens like crazy. After getting up 15 hens as breeding stock I used the fantastic manager mod to automatically assign every juvenile chicken to a new area. An area that's filled with compost bins, a steam geyser and an industrial heater, temperature 90 C. Naturally the chickens that's in this area suffer heatstroke, quite quickly. As they're already on the compost bins I don't even need to have a colonist haul the bodies.

The result is a close to unlimited supply of compost for no cost (the breeding stock are free range) and very minimal effort.

I do not condone cooking chickens alive.

And thats how nuggets are born...

tagelconar

I can't seem to see random events occur. Playing on latest build, I have tried multiple story tellers and it doesn't seem to do anything. Any ideas?

Oragepoilu

@tagel

Try to have more wealth (item inside a stockpile, more colonist, more costly gear on colonist, more building)

Leave debug mode ON and see if there is some error that pop up related to this (Like a raid or caravan that couldn't find a place, etc)

Edit : I had some trouble for a while with taming, with a message saying "can't do it man, i'm full". You got the point.
When I selected my pawn, he had like 7 berry and his gear (leather/cloth) on top of his knife. Game was telling me he was at his weight limit (34/35), but once I removed the berry and pickup again he was back to normal weight (14/35).

So, there is something weird atm with the weight system. They can somehow end up have the wrong weight, and that slow them down or disable some job.

Don't really know much about this problem beside this, so if someone have an idea about solving this ... I'm listening.

sergiocella

Quote from: Oragepoilu on February 10, 2017, 08:09:52 AM
@sergio

I don't know what "advanced research table" you talk about. There is a primitive, normal, Hi-tech, and additional multi analyzer.
All of them are under the same tab, Misc (between sun lamp and medical facility)

The "advanced research table" is the traslation of my language (spanish). Due to the bad traslation to the spanish language I can't find the investigation which unlocks the next table after the normal table, could you tell me which it is please?

All the time I'm referring to the table you need to investigate geothermal energy, for example, to understand us better.

Oragepoilu

@serg
I guessed so. I'm no english myself but I still use the english all the time when I'm modding, as it's far more easy to solve most trouble this way, but I can understand not everyone want to do it this way.

"Geothermal energy" tech is called "Renewable power III" and need a "hi tech research bench" (but no "Multi analizer").
If you want to build a "Hi tech research bench" you need to research "Infrastructure III" (color between blue and purple, somewhat near the down part of the tech tree, right under the geo tech if you use the research tree tab)

Your next step (for late tech) will be to unlock the "Multi analizer", you will find it with the research "Ergonomic III" (Purple, near bottom right of the tech tree)

Iridescent

Anyone have any tips on how to increase the temperature of a room to really high levels to make the xenon ion turbine work? i cant seem to go above 100 degrees no matter what i do

Oragepoilu

I have yet to try the turbine,

But if you want hight temp you can (in this order) :
-Use free heat from geyser (and maybe oil fissure if they do ? dunno)
-Use the heat you push off your freezer
-Use the heat from some station (cooking, smelting) by using a cooler

------

About terminator event (yes, again), I found that Terminator can eventually leave the map *before* the message about accepting/rejecting him pop up if the event happen near the border.
Would be neat to have something that check available point for this event, and avoid it to happen if it's in 10 range of the border (like, building radius).