[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's Miscellaneous (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, May 18, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Yep, you are right when talking of an independant event.
But Panzer was computing the probability of catching a fish ONLY AFTER 3 tries.
So it gives:
- 50% chance the first time to NOT catch anything
- THEN 50% the second time to NOT catch anything
- AND FINALLY 50% the third time to catch anything
With a formula, it gives 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.125 = 12.5% of only catching a fish 1 time over 3.
See this for detailed explanations! ;) (Look for "Two or More Events" paragraph).

Yeah probabilities are a pain :P but so much useful! :D

dismar

Rikiki, you can't have fish with out Sushi!

Recipe for Sushi using fish from this add-on, so load it after.
Fine mood buff. Uses Fish and rice to make the sushi at the cooking stove with cooking skill!
Thinking can add a huge variety of types of recipe since it's eaten so many ways :)
Download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bo9yy6jbyhfwlg/Sushi.zip?dl=0

[attachment deleted due to age]

Rikiki

Thanks dismar! :)
I will add it in the next release. This will probably be for A11 as call for testers has begun.

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Rikiki on May 29, 2015, 06:17:51 PM

See this for detailed explanations! ;) (Look for "Two or More Events" paragraph).

Yeah probabilities are a pain :P but so much useful! :D

...Meth Math, not even once!

MightyGooga

Hey I love the fishing mod.

I have been playing with it for a while and I think there is something wrong with the fishing basins. When ever I add 25 egg jobs in a basin, the colonist keeps getting one fish out of the basin, placing it in the stock pile, and then retrieving the ame one fish to fill the other jobs. That goes in a loop until all jobs are done, and then there is no more fish in the pond. Am I doing something wrong here?

Rikiki

Quote from: gustavoghe on June 04, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
Hey I love the fishing mod.
[...]
Am I doing something wrong here?
Thank you! :)

About the recipe, have you read the description? ::)
<description>Supply some eggs of a mashgon to breed. You only need to do it when there is no fish in the basin or you want to change the bred species.</description>
Like hydroponics, you only select 1 time what you want to breed, the rest of the process is automatic (filling hopper and collecting mature fishes).

You only have to re-supply some fresh eggs if your basin is empty (this can occur in case of microfungus, power down, out of range temperature or no food supply).
You can stop the fish breeding by forbidding the basin or just flicking it off. ;)

I've been watching this thread for a while and only now downloaded the source version of the mod.

The only thing that has kept me from using this mod is the whole tools issue.  I'm not sold on the sci-fi magic weapon, I mean the net.  It seems a little OP and then there's the micromanagment.  Is it possible to de-nerf the tools to just be tools or are they too integrated into code for me even to try?
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Rikiki

Quote from: 1000101 on June 05, 2015, 03:14:17 PM
I've been watching this thread for a while and only now downloaded the source version of the mod.

The only thing that has kept me from using this mod is the whole tools issue.  I'm not sold on the sci-fi magic weapon, I mean the net.  It seems a little OP and then there's the micromanagment.  Is it possible to de-nerf the tools to just be tools or are they too integrated into code for me even to try?
The net is not magical! This is a glitter-technology! 8)

The fishing rod is an "apparel" and can be worn with anything else so no micro with that! :D This is the standard fishing tool.
The harpoon and net are weapons however and may require weapon micromanagement.

I am afraid that changing the weapons into tools would require some work... :P But if you know how to code, you can take example on the fishing rod. Good luck! ;D

Adamiks

Quote from: 1000101 on June 05, 2015, 03:14:17 PM

"sci-fi magic weapon, I mean the net"

True! It's magic! Fishing net with power in 5000 year! Sci-fi!!!

;D

Quote from: AdamiksTrue! It's magic! Fishing net with power in 5000 year! Sci-fi!!!

;D

QuoteFeatures
Force field net: used by glitterworlds arena retiarii, this advanced weapon can also be used to catch fishes... and mechanoids at close range! (stun effect)

Well with an EMP field which can disable mechanoids, yes, yes it is sci-fi magic.  :P
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.