Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: Ramsis on May 31, 2015, 08:32:10 PM
Hmm....

Actually wait a minute; Tynan can you draw us really rough sketches on what the two actually look like in your head? The ingame's don't really do much justice and it would be great if we could see how the dev perceives them for future art.

I didn't really have anything beyond what's in-game. Anyway I don't want to constrain your imaginations.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ramsis

Quote from: Tynan on May 31, 2015, 09:48:24 PM
Quote from: Ramsis on May 31, 2015, 08:32:10 PM
Hmm....

Actually wait a minute; Tynan can you draw us really rough sketches on what the two actually look like in your head? The ingame's don't really do much justice and it would be great if we could see how the dev perceives them for future art.

I didn't really have anything beyond what's in-game. Anyway I don't want to constrain your imaginations.

Currently constrained by low detailed models in game. Cmaaaaaaaaawn <3 Show us your artsy side big guy!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Trish42

Those two drawings from Shinzy and Skissor are hilarious! Laughed so hard! :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXJZBjylYlo

Avis

I'll draw something.
I'll post it here when it's done.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

MarcTheMerc

"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

RickyMartini

Don't give up, Avsnoopy! :)

I'm contemplating making another one, I just don't know what to draw. I'm not going to spend my time drawing a mediocre joke, it has to be a good one.

Shinzy

Quote from: Skissor on June 06, 2015, 05:35:09 PM

I'm contemplating making another one, I just don't know what to draw. I'm not going to spend my time drawing a mediocre joke, it has to be a good one.

It don't hafta be joke skissy! could be just fandoodle of like Riesling Bacchus
Edit: cause I like Riesling Bacchus *nods* best character

Adamiks

Quote from: Skissor on June 06, 2015, 05:35:09 PM

Draw melee raiders attacking turret ;D

Avis

Due to a debilitating headache i spent most of the day today in bed doing absolutely nothing.
But i did manage a few quick drawings.
My biggest issue with drawing is figuring out what i want to draw.
I love to contribute to the community. <3

Attack of the squirrels!
Also, If you want some art feel free to pm me a request.

I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

Shinzy

Oh! ;D for a moment I thought there was something really strange voodoo going on in the first/second one until I read the 'squirrel' at the bottom
I love the expression on his face =P and I'll never forgive you for splashing blue on red

Oh and I know the struggle of drawing something out of the blue!
might wannoo give yourself some "objectives" and subject and rules on what the drawing has to contain and so your brain starts to think for you like

it works sometimes when you have nothing but really really wannoo squeeze something out =P also sometimes makes you more creative, too ;D cause you'll have a box to think outside of then

</lifeLessonsWShinzy>

hunter2012

Avs this is meant in the best possible way... i thought the squirrels were pieces of poop....

Avis

Quote from: hunter2012 on June 07, 2015, 10:39:43 AM
Avs this is meant in the best possible way... i thought the squirrels were pieces of poop....

I tried to draw the squirrels in rimworld's art style.

Quote from: Shinzy on June 07, 2015, 07:23:18 AM
Oh! ;D for a moment I thought there was something really strange voodoo going on in the first/second one until I read the 'squirrel' at the bottom
I love the expression on his face =P and I'll never forgive you for splashing blue on red

Oh and I know the struggle of drawing something out of the blue!
might wannoo give yourself some "objectives" and subject and rules on what the drawing has to contain and so your brain starts to think for you like

it works sometimes when you have nothing but really really wannoo squeeze something out =P also sometimes makes you more creative, too ;D cause you'll have a box to think outside of then

</lifeLessonsWShinzy>

That's good advice. I'm fairly new to making art in general, so my work can be a little questionable from time to time, Plus the art was rushd, and i still had a bit of a headache.
If i make more i'll continue to post here.

shenzya

Adamiks

Shinzy

Quote from: Adamiks on June 08, 2015, 05:29:24 AM
P.S.M. = survival pack? ;D
packet stuffed munitions ::)
Also yes! my colonists are like little irishmen, too
they only live on potatoes and beer