Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 13, 2015, 02:16:39 PM
Could someone explain to me how you make your beautiful art? Do you take pencil to paper? if so how do you transfer it to your computer with out it looking all crummy? If you're using a program, does it require internet access? Is it free to download? is it easy to use/understand?
I suck at drawing... & art in general. Sorta good... on gimp. Not by much tho. Personly... this is what i think is the best thing I've made.

Gimp:

• No Internet Needed
  • Free & Opensource
  • Manual is crap
  • Tons of tutorials
  • Great plugins
  • Can use photshop brushes
  • Some fancy plugins make it look like photoshop...
  • Not easy to use

Mr.Cross

Claims to know most things.

A Friend

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 13, 2015, 02:16:39 PM
Could someone explain to me how you make your beautiful art? Do you take pencil to paper? if so how do you transfer it to your computer with out it looking all crummy? If you're using a program, does it require internet access? Is it free to download? is it easy to use/understand?

I dunno about others but for things that require human figures, I usually start with pencil on paper. When I feel like it's good enough, I take a picture and then upload it and then paste it on the program I'm using. Then trace it over and add in details. The paper I use always looks crummy making it hard to see soft lines.
http://i.imgur.com/0wMs9j2.jpg

The program I use is Paint.net
http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

- Yeah, it's free.
- Does not have those brushy photoshop effects. :c
- There's a bunch of tutorials online.
- "Easy to understand"... eh... I think so. I've gotten used to it after a few weeks of trial and error.

I don't know what else to say about it though since I don't use other programs aside from microsoft paint.

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 13, 2015, 07:39:19 PM
I suck at drawing... & art in general. Sorta good... on gimp. Not by much tho. Personly... this is what i think is the best thing I've made.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mr.Cross

Thank you for the other suggestion on how to attempt to make decent art.
Claims to know most things.

milon

TheGentlmen

(WIP...STILL NEED TO SHADE IT!!)

You need to have skills to miss a barn sized building... that 20 in shorting is... um... a terrible shot. Now if he's terrible... what are the level 1?

Person on Right: Lv 20 shotter...
Person on Left: Lv 1 shotter...

The Lv 20 is pointing in the rough direction... that's good enough, right?

Shinzy

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 14, 2015, 01:58:53 PM

Is the door just taped on there? =P Good job!
now get back to shading!

lvl 20 shooters really need to master their craft to miss whole burst of the gun from one tile away of the target ship. It's not easy don't diss their skills!

TheGentlmen

No... the door is barred in...  :'( :'(  you insulted my skillz... WAWAWA
:p

Shinzy

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 14, 2015, 03:58:33 PM
No... the door is barred in...  :'( :'(  you insulted my skillz... WAWAWA
:p

Oh, sorry =P the rip at the bottom of it makes it look like the kind of poster
you'd buy from a joke shop ;D

kahlzun

i think its meant to have been mangled in the crash. Shading will help to show this.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

TheGentlmen

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

TheGentlmen

Coenmcj

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

TheGentlmen

First pass on shadding done... Still needs more tho.

(WIP)

Edit: I really need to fix those stars...