[A14] Craftable Medicines (Updated 8/8/2016)

Started by Anonemous2, June 06, 2015, 10:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Description:
Ever need Medicine but there wasn't any left, or you couldn't afford the high prices that trade ships ask, well now you can make your own medicines, and become more self-sufficient, after all your on the frontier on rimworld that hasn't developed yet.

This is a simple mod that allows you to craft medicine at a new crafting bench, after you research it. Crafting medicine requires cloth, herbal medicine, beer, and high enough skills in Medicine [8] and Crafting [1].

A14 Download:
Craftable Medicines https://www.dropbox.com/s/42nr5u3wh7exi3b/Craftable%20Medicines%20v1.02.zip?dl=0

Note:
modpack makers can include my mod in their modpack. (as long as I'm cited)

Anonemous2

Eisenwulf

Thank you. IMO medicine prices in A11 are a step backward from earlier alphas for RimWorld.

Some may call it 'balance', but I won't, and I suspect there are others who'll agree, but not speak up.
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

tylkas

Hello Anonemous2

Can you please upload archive on dropbox (instead of directory)?
Looks like dropbox changes to lowercase some directories. And as result - textures are not available in game (until putting correct case to directories)

Anonemous2

Quote from: tylkas on June 15, 2015, 02:20:13 PM
Hello Anonemous2

Can you please upload archive on dropbox (instead of directory)?
Looks like dropbox changes to lowercase some directories. And as result - textures are not available in game (until putting correct case to directories)

how do you do that?

ranathane

If you get an image error (no texture for the table) change the things folder to Things (cap it).

Anonemous2

I am replacing the old folders with a zipped ones, this should fix the problem you may get when Dropbox decides to lower case some names, ruining the textures graphics path.

benben471

Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

TimTumm

This is great (and thanks), but my first thought is that both should be made from 1 bench.  I don't see why we need 2 new benches that make one item each.  It kind of reminds me of the bionic mod that introduced 7 new benches...

Anonemous2

After some testing and some infuriating Corel Paint controls I've Updated the graphics for craftable medicines. New V1.2 is avable.

toric

would it be possible to add these to a normal crafting table (not sure witch) instead of adding ones?

Llamageddon

Yeah, I am not going to use this mod, no matter what, as long as it adds more than one new workbench. And even then, I am somewhat unsure about it, given that Xeridium exists in the game, now(not sure if it did in the past).

Anonemous2

Quote from: Llamageddon on November 29, 2015, 02:38:59 AM
Yeah, I am not going to use this mod, no matter what, as long as it adds more than one new workbench. And even then, I am somewhat unsure about it, given that Xeridium exists in the game, now(not sure if it did in the past).

There are just 2 workbenches, and I put them in because the mod needed to be balanced somehow, and using one bench would allow you to make both glitterworld medicine and medicine. It would be way too easy to make glitterworld medicine. However if your really don't want more work benchs here's a version without them (use the tailoring bench to craft them):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mn9hxkt9zmrsl5z/Craftable%20Medicines%20V1.2B.zip?dl=0

Llamageddon

Eh, my problem is that if every second mod adds multiple workbenches, that quickly becomes a lot. I'd much rather see someone make a community mod that adds a set of generic workbenches that other mods can use, and that recipes themselves are unlocked with research.