[A14] More Factions Spawn (4/11/2016) v1.02

Started by Anonemous2, June 21, 2015, 11:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvenox

additional factions are not spawning for me... I installed the mod without problems, but it just doesn't work. is there a specific load order I should follow?

Anonemous2

Quote from: Galvenox on May 10, 2016, 04:24:48 PM
additional factions are not spawning for me... I installed the mod without problems, but it just doesn't work. is there a specific load order I should follow?

Okay I've just changed the post, you were likely downloading the wrong thing (A patch for another mod that DOES add more factions), as no NEW types of factions are created, and for this mod to work you need a new world.

prongssage

Quote from: Eiro on April 20, 2016, 04:05:16 AM
So I tried using this mod with the Hospitality mod but I guess these two mods are incompatible because whenever the extra factions try to raid me they just stand there doing nothing.. Would be nice to see this compatible with that mod :)

That is an Issue with Hospitality, the fix I have found for it is to save and then reload the game

Anonemous2

Quote from: prongssage on May 14, 2016, 06:06:58 AM
Quote from: Eiro on April 20, 2016, 04:05:16 AM
So I tried using this mod with the Hospitality mod but I guess these two mods are incompatible because whenever the extra factions try to raid me they just stand there doing nothing.. Would be nice to see this compatible with that mod :)

That is an Issue with Hospitality, the fix I have found for it is to save and then reload the game

I have'n played with Rimworld in awhile, but last time I did Hospitality worked fine with this mod, but if there is a compatibility issue now, you can generate a new world, then turn of the mod because the factions are generated when the world is.

Justas love

More factions  Rimsenal - Federation

More factions Rimsenal - Feral

Jdalt40

Hey just a question but are you able to make a compatibility patch for combat realism? I just noticed Combat Realism overwrites your factions.xml file so I get the default amount of factions :(

Edit: I just noticed the code is quite similar to the Combat Realism factions code, I can easily change it so it has the same amount of factions spawning in as this mod and upload it here if you want :)
I will also credit both NoImageAvailable and you when I upload it if I am allowed to upload it

Anonemous2

Quote from: Joshy1111 on May 28, 2016, 12:39:49 AM
Hey just a question but are you able to make a compatibility patch for combat realism? I just noticed Combat Realism overwrites your factions.xml file so I get the default amount of factions :(

Edit: I just noticed the code is quite similar to the Combat Realism factions code, I can easily change it so it has the same amount of factions spawning in as this mod and upload it here if you want :)
I will also credit both NoImageAvailable and you when I upload it if I am allowed to upload it

okay

Jdalt40

Alright just posted up the patch, let me know if you see anything wrong I am a really bad coder :D

Jdalt40

Actually, do you just want me to move the patch here?

Anonemous2

Quote from: Joshy1111 on June 01, 2016, 01:52:40 AM
Actually, do you just want me to move the patch here?

Yes, Then if you don't mind I'll put it on the first page.

Skraps

I found a bug in my new A13 save where human factions raids, visitors, traders, etc wont spawn. When I remove this mod it seems to work fine.

Anonemous2

Quote from: Skraps on June 04, 2016, 05:06:37 AM
I found a bug in my new A13 save where human factions raids, visitors, traders, etc wont spawn. When I remove this mod it seems to work fine.

Any errors pop up?
Also the mod only is need when you create the a new world.

Jdalt40

Combat Realism Patch for More Factions Spawn
This Patch does nothing but change replace the factions.xml from Combat Realism so you can play with the same amount of factions as shown in More Factions Spawn while using Combat Realism.

If you have any issues with this patch I am sorry, I am not that good with coding and all I did was change a few values, please let me know if this works :)

But also please thank Anonemous2 for the creation of More Factions spawn and NoImageAvailable for the creation of Combat Realism. Like I said before I only changed a few values.
If you are looking for More Factions Spawn this is the wrong place, this is only a patch containing a edit of More Factions Spawn to work with Combat Realism. If you want the main mod go here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13931.0

How to install:
1. Put inside Mods folder
2. Start up game
3. Activate Patch after Combat Realism
4. Have fun again!

Note: You still need CCL for Combat Realism to work :)
Extra Note for those using Arbitration: I'm pretty sure this patch works perfectly with Arbitration due to the faction def being exactly the same as Combat Realism

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Fluffe

Jdalt40

... That is not supposed to happen :D
Sorry but my patch has gone missing?
I will search my computer for the patch (if it still is there, I kinda cleaned up my computer)
EDIT: FOUND IT! :D