[A12d] Ish's Medieval Mods - Update: Alpha 12 and Balance (1 Sep 2015)

Started by IshOfTheWoods, June 24, 2015, 10:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IshOfTheWoods

Ish's Medieval Mods

This is no longer being worked on. Anyone is free to use anything from these mods (credit is appreciated). You can find the files here: https://github.com/MichaelMakesGames/RimWorldMods

Description:
These mods add more medieval era content to the game, and are designed to be independent of each other and compatible with as many other mods as possible, and they are balanced against vanilla content. So far there are four mods: Weapons, Armor, Defenses, and Noble House Faction. Eventually, I hope to turn this into a total conversion, but for now, have content! All feedback, ideas, criticisms, and scathing reviews are greatly appreciated.

Update September 1: Alpha 12 and Balance!
  • All mods updated to Alpha 12
  • Medieval Weapons updated to 2.01, tweaks for compatibility with Medieval Factions: Noble House
  • Medieval Factions: Noble House updated to 1.01, reworked the factions pawns, guards now use ranged weapons, feedback appreciated!
  • Medieval Defenses updated to 2.02, nerfed stamped-earth walls and fixed the icon graphic

Latest Versions (Alpha 12d)
Note: mod version numbers are independent of each other. Major numbers represent new content releases, while minor numbers represent balancing and tweaks.
  • Ish's Medieval Weapons 2.01 (last update: 2015-09-01)
  • Ish's Medieval Armor 1.03 (last update: 2015-09-01)
  • Ish's Medieval Defenses 2.02 (last update: 2015-09-01)
  • Ish's Medieval Factions: Noble House 1.01 (last update: 2015-09-01)

Medieval Weapons 2.0
This mod adds 13 new weapons, all of them smithable:
  • Glaive: a spear-like weapon with a long blade at the end
  • Katana: a swift and deadly sword, but expensive to make
  • Partisan: a spear with extra point at the end for greater versatility
  • Quarterstaff: easy to make, quick to strike, and not too shabby
  • Scimitar: a sword with a heavy curved blade
  • Battle Axe: a heavy axe that provides a slight bonus to tree felling
  • War Hammer: a massive hammer that provides a slight bonus to construction
  • War Pick: a weaponized pick that provides a slight bonus to mining
  • Longbow: less damage but greater range than the great bow
  • Recurve Bow: a powerful but compact bow, favored by the riders of the steppes
  • Crossbow: more accurate but slower than a normal bow
  • Arbalest: powerful, steel crossbow
  • Repeating Crossbow: a crossbow that can quickly fire many bolts, designed by the master strategist Zhuge Liang
For normal versions of the three weapon-tools above: check out ItchyFlea's Right Tool for the Job

Medieval Armor 1.02
Addes 3 body armors and 5 helmets, all craftable:
  • Gambeson: a padded armor that can be worn underneath chainmail or plate
  • Hauberk: a coat of chainmail, good at protecting against slicing attacks
  • Plate: heavy armor that provides excellent protection but significantly slows the wearer down
  • Skullcap: a simple hemispherical helmet
  • Nasal Helm: a slightly improved helmet with a bar that extends over the nose
  • Kettle Hat: a helmet with a wide brim, preferred by peasants
  • Great Helm: a full-head helmet, suitable for a knight
  • Bascinet: a full-head helmet with a visor

Medieval Defenses 2.01
4 new defenses structures:
  • Parapet: a waist high stone wall with crenelations: functionally similar to sandbags
  • Cheval de Frise: a barier made of sharped sticks
  • Stamped-earth Wall: a strong wall that requires no resource to build, but cannot support roofs and takes a lot of work
  • Ballista: a large crossbow-like siege weapon. Good range and attack, but needs to be manned.

Medieval Factions: Noble House 1.0
Adds a new faction to the game: a medieval noble house. This faction is well armed, and can be either hostile or friendly. At least one is guaranteed to spawn.

This mod requires both Medieval Armor and Medieval Weapons, and must be loaded after those.

Mod Team
So far, just myself, but other are more than welcome to join!

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

License/Permissions:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic

Basically, give the team credit, don't charge money, and let others do the same. A link back here and a PM is appreciated but not required.

aGuyNamdJesus

Looks fantastic... now a mod to make all enemy factions use these to make a truly medieval world would be amazing.

IshOfTheWoods

Quote from: aGuyNamdJesus on June 24, 2015, 10:34:37 PM
Looks fantastic... now a mod to make all enemy factions use these to make a truly medieval world would be amazing.

Thanks! Factions are definitely planned, ranging from bandits, to lords, to villages

Kaballah

Beathrus

nmid

this looks great.

It would be interesting to play a game with all guns disabled... and only medieval weapons and archer twrs (turrents) enabled :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

HBKRKO619

Shinzy

Oooh! about time!
I've wanted to do medieval armor bits myself but the workload in making them is just so guhh

I love these

IshOfTheWoods

Thank you, all!

Quote from: nmid on June 25, 2015, 03:39:10 AM
this looks great.

It would be interesting to play a game with all guns disabled... and only medieval weapons and archer twrs (turrents) enabled :D

I definitely agree that a medieval-only game could be fun, and that's my ambition. I'm not too sure about automatic archer towers, but a manned ballista is posibility ;D

Quote from: Shinzy on June 25, 2015, 05:33:18 AM
Oooh! about time!
I've wanted to do medieval armor bits myself but the workload in making them is just so guhh

I love these

Wow, a compliment from Shinzy! *blush* But yeah, so many different body shapes and angles... Great work on apparello and your factions!

skyarkhangel

Quote from: IshOfTheWoods on June 25, 2015, 08:34:57 AM

mmm good ideas in your mods! I wish you good luck :)  And it seems there are  some interesting things to modpack  :P

Ohh.. I have an anniversary, it's 100 comment on Ludeon forum  ;D

Armorer