[A14] Skullywags Defensive mods - Shields, Fortifications, Armour, BlastCharges

Started by skullywag, June 28, 2015, 01:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starburst98

do personal shield mk2s and regulars act different if installed as a big shield?

skullywag

Quote from: starburst98 on October 31, 2015, 06:25:07 PM
do personal shield mk2s and regulars act different if installed as a big shield?

no the defence shield only takes vanilla shields. I have plans but am rather busy at the moment.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Austupaio

I like the medieval shields part of this, goes pretty well with Ish's medieval mod set and they're also just useful to use for troops you intend to use in tight spaces, like tunnels. Just checking, all that needs to be done to make a weapon mod compatible with it is that anything intended to be used with a shield needs to include the word pistol in its descriptor name, right?

I also like the personal shields, makes all of those pirates coming in with staves and swords a little bit more competitive.

Iwillbenicetou

Can you add a red button? Like when everything hits the fan, and you want to destroy everything. Costs a lot and requires another one. Maybe even have a cryopod type thingy that protects colonists from it. And protective walls.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Kaballah

Regarding the medieval shields mod, if a colonist has a shield equipped but no weapon, and you draft them, the game freezes.  FYI!

skullywag

Quote from: Kaballah on January 01, 2016, 01:33:21 AM
Regarding the medieval shields mod, if a colonist has a shield equipped but no weapon, and you draft them, the game freezes.  FYI!

Cannot reproduce, doesnt do it on my game.

Kaballah

How weird, for me it's consistent (saved game right before drafting, crash with the shield equipped but not if I unequip it).  I'll try shuffling/disabling mods and see what happens, thanks.

Dspendragon

This a must have, its so useful if you do a full melee colony. The bubble thingey shield hold off there fire and force them to come close, them bam charge!! Their range is useless.

P.s the medevile sheilds are really good to.  :D
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

LittleGreenStone

Skully,
I love your (solid) shields, but for me it seemed a little weird for colonists equipped in power armor and pistols (or chainswords...) to wield a medieval-style shield, so I quickly slapped together a slightly more modern-ish looking one.

If you, or anyone else would like to use it,
go ahead, use it, modify it, sell it!
You have my blessing.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kaballah

Skully if you go back into the medieval shield mod, the price does not take the material into account.  Looking at the defs, the MarketValue is not set in the item def for vanilla craftable things (weapons e.g.).  I think(?) for vanilla items the MarketValue is just dynamically figured from the material, the costStuffCount and Quality rather than starting from a fixed value.  It looks like when the MarketValue is explicitly defined in the item def, it overrides that dynamic value calc.

Also the time to craft seems way too short compared to pretty much every other craftable thing, a Knife takes 6000 while your shield takes 1200. 

skullywag

Medieval shields is having a bit of an overhaul currently as i find time. Love that texture LGS, the mod will probably just change to a "shield mod" and not a medieval based mod so yeah, bear with me...

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: skullywag on January 31, 2016, 07:26:44 AM
Medieval shields is having a bit of an overhaul currently as i find time. Love that texture LGS, the mod will probably just change to a "shield mod" and not a medieval based mod so yeah, bear with me...

No need to bear with you, it's rather useful as it is.
I'm not sure what you're planning on changing, but if it's going to be better than it is, then consider me excited asF.  ;D

lude

Hey, I dunno if this is caused by this mod or the HSK modpack but anyway
QuoteJobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=the Janitor, Job=Wait, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SK.Shield.AllowVerbCast (IntVec3 root, TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.CanHitTargetFrom (IntVec3 root, TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.CanHitTarget (TargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (TargetInfo castTarg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Pawn_NativeVerbs.TryMeleeAttack (Verse.Thing target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait.CheckForAutoAttack () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait+<MakeNewToils>c__IteratorF5.<>m__321 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

is what happens on melee (attack I think, block works fine, verbcast enables some kind of attack? i remember something about ccl and verbcast for animals)

it doesn't happen if they have a proper melee weapon to use instead.

skullywag

The fact that the above states SK.shield says to me he took my code and has changed it cuz it would say medievalashields.shield or whatever if it was my code. Sorry youll have to take this up with Sky.