[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Makes sense Kaballah, ill chuck it in for the ones that make sense.

Pktongrimworld im actually working on that.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

twisted067

Hey Skullywags, do you know if it's possible at all to create a mod that would let the user create a roof without the need to enclose an area? Like an awning? Also, would a glass roof be possible for a greenhouse type building? Would love a mod like this, however I've never modded before so I don't even know where to start

skullywag

you can kind of do that in the game anyways, create a room then knock down 3 of the walls, roof will not fall if its withing like 8 blocks (i could be wrong) of a wall.

Kaballah

I understand that you need something to hold water in for the well, but it would be nice if there were such a thing as a reusable bucket, something you could craft at a crafting station.  I guess that's harder than I first thought it would be though, because how do you get the recipe for one of the natural floor tiles that requires water to return an empty bucket when completed?  ???

twisted067

Quote from: skullywag on May 02, 2016, 03:11:57 PM
you can kind of do that in the game anyways, create a room then knock down 3 of the walls, roof will not fall if its withing like 8 blocks (i could be wrong) of a wall.

Yeah it's how I create awnings right now. Would it be possible to create a mod for this though?

timeandtherani

I know this is being a cheaty person, but in Extended Medicine, how do I go into the defs to make it possible to use other cloth besides synthread?  Thanks.

skullywag

timeandtherani

Thank you very much.  I'm glad you don't seem to mind my cheatiness. :)

skullywag

mods are there to make the game fun, if this is fun to you who am i to complain.

Kaballah

I don't think that's unreasonable anyway, real bandages are made from all sorts of cloth including cotton.

pktongrimworld

*just want to say, you are awsome Skullywag

**i tried updating the freezer from beantek and clutter... both attempts failed XD
/goes back and sticking to xml editing

Poebe

I suppose there is something wrong with the ceilling lamps, on previous rimworld versions there were ceilling lamps like these but the old ones allowed you to build furniture under them, just like you can build over power conduits

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Poebe on May 03, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
I suppose there is something wrong with the ceilling lamps, on previous rimworld versions there were ceilling lamps like these but the old ones allowed you to build furniture under them, just like you can build over power conduits
I noticed this too. I also noticed that they cannot be "flicked" off either. I don't remember if these features were available in the previous beta or not. Still a great mod, just something I noticed.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

timeandtherani

This is what I did to the mod. I think I busted it. Now it's not showing up with any cloth at all, but it still says it needs the materials. 

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]