[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

*sigh* those mods simply ripped the relevant code from ccl (which they are more than welcome to do) so the best mods only work at all cuz of ccl, I am however a maintainer of ccl why would i not use a mod i help with. All my mods are updated to A15 i just havent released em. Ive explained my reasons in another thread if you can find it recently.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Alenerel

Quote from: skullywag on November 23, 2016, 03:02:26 AM
*sigh* those mods simply ripped the relevant code from ccl (which they are more than welcome to do) so the best mods only work at all cuz of ccl, I am however a maintainer of ccl why would i not use a mod i help with. All my mods are updated to A15 i just havent released em. Ive explained my reasons in another thread if you can find it recently.

Thats what I was thinking... Just leave CCL compiled as a mod for those who need it, but always try to use standalone code in the mods when you can.

I cant find the post with your reasons to not release your mods to A15. If you arent going to release them, why did you make them at all?

skullywag

Ok so the reason im not releasing em yet is sometimes i take an alpha off (keep in mind ive modded through almost EVERY alpha) trying to keep up with Tynan when you have 50 odd mods is just gonna burn me out and ill leave. This keeps me sane, it also allows me to work on other stuff that i wouldnt have time for as id be supporting and maintaining those other mods if i released em. So in A15 alone ive managed to get a droid mod built that can replace the MD2 droids, ive updated purple ivy, plus a number of smaller mods. If people would rather i didnt do stuff like that then fine. But i dont mod for people i mod for myself...modding the same stuff all the time gets boring.

Alenerel

I understand the part where you say that you get tired/bored, the same as everyone doing a repetitive job. But if you already have the mods finished for A15 (I understand that you said that), why not release them? Thats the thing I dont get.

skullywag

Cuz doing that creates work. Work i dont want to do right now. It doesnt matter anyway all the juicy mods you guys are after need CCL anyway, so theres also that in this instance.

Howeln

Skullywags, glad you don't plan to leave.  Love your mods.  I understand your desire to skips versions.  Maybe a note on the main mod that you update every even...or odd?

At anyrate, great work.

Neil

skullywag

Quote from: Howeln on November 23, 2016, 06:54:31 PM
Skullywags, glad you don't plan to leave.  Love your mods.  I understand your desire to skips versions.  Maybe a note on the main mod that you update every even...or odd?

At anyrate, great work.

Neil

its really when i feel i need it, as A16 is the biggest update yet, this was completely tactical as well.

JohnLG

Man, just started playing again and finding it hard to look at my base without ceiling lamps.  I didn't realize how I needed those...

Is CCL only needed for the color-changing functionality or are there more properties that would be broken without it?

Profugo Barbatus

Quote from: skullywag on November 23, 2016, 07:00:44 PM
its really when i feel i need it, as A16 is the biggest update yet, this was completely tactical as well.

I get this completely. I can imagine that A16 is gonna change up a bunch of core stuff, but also offer a huge opportunity for new mods to come 'round. Gonna need the energy to explore all them idea's too, I figure.

Also, the energy to conquer the entire planet with your colony. That too.

skullywag

Quote from: JohnLG on November 25, 2016, 08:54:19 PM
Man, just started playing again and finding it hard to look at my base without ceiling lamps.  I didn't realize how I needed those...

Is CCL only needed for the color-changing functionality or are there more properties that would be broken without it?

you might be ok with it as is (CCL is for colours yes). You could delete the other defs if you dont need em and remove the comp from the cieling lamp to lessen the chance of bugs.

Zapp Brannigan

Hey Skully,

Any chance the Roof bomb a14 works with a15? I haven't had a chance to get my mods in order yet, and was hoping it would still work.

Thanks for all the hard work.

skullywag

errr cant remember what was needed to update that one, the version number needs adding to the about file, the assembly might work but not sure. Try updating the version and see if it "just works" if it doesnt then I have done some udates and itll have to wait till i release, which wont be for A15. (But A16 is in testing so not long to wait and i may already have updated most of my mods to A16, who knows!)

Fisty

it doesn't, you can place it and arm it but it just fizzles forever.. and if you reload to before you armed it you can't remove it, even with dev tools... so have to reload to before you ever built it.

joaonunes

Is it possible to have the mod "Extended Storage" only for the storage buildings?

I am using "Improved Increased Stack" so having the buildings alone would probably work with the stack size mod (just like it works with Rimfridge) and without the need for CCL of course :P

How easy would it be to alter your code so the storage options would work as I want? Maybe I could do it myself if it's easy enough xD

EDIT: I think I made it work... Edited the "thingClass" tag and related assembly from the mod to use the vanilla "Building_Storage" instead, removed the freezer because I dont need it (and would require me to edit the assembly to make it work), fixed the "drawSize" tag (it seems to require a capital S now...) and removed the class from the "ThingDef".

Stuff is stacking by the rules of "Improved Increased Stack", so I can have up to 10k silver stored in a wooden pallet (5k each slot). The only difference is that each building now stores stuff as in the vanilla way and not like in the original mod, where a pallet could hold multiple items types in the same slot (dunno if that was intentional though...)
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!