[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

ok im really confused by this, im using latest CCL and this mod, nothing else, I start a game and god mode place about 6 pallets, i spawn in 100s of steel, silver etc, i spawn a few more haulers and let them go nuts hauling, it doesnt error once....what are you doing thats different?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on August 11, 2016, 06:03:25 AM
ok im really confused by this, im using latest CCL and this mod, nothing else, I start a game and god mode place about 6 pallets, i spawn in 100s of steel, silver etc, i spawn a few more haulers and let them go nuts hauling, it doesnt error once....what are you doing thats different?

I am doing the exact same thing, but with only wood, and get the bug a few time. I tried to speed up the process by placing a stockpile (unchanged), bunch of wood on it (3000 unit total), and 4 godly pallet (outside of the stockpile area). bug usually occur once when they start filling the pallet, and if I remove the pallet, they haul the wood back into the stockpile, then I can remake some pallet and get the bug again.
Actually, it happen the exact same way as before.

the only difference here would be the computer we are using. Software version of stuff that rimworld use ? OS ? things like this could matter ? It's completely outside of my knowledge at this point though.

MoatBordered

Everything seems reasonably stable on my end as well. Only time I got truncation on 1.09 was when I god moded a storage object into tiles which already had items. The items were compatible with the storage, but the ones on the input block just up and disappeared anyway.

I also distinctly remember a minor log warning that stated something like "pawn is already hauling to object" after manually right-click ordering (while paused) several items to be hauled. The first pawn I ordered hauled just fine, but the subsequent pawns just cancelled the job and the warning popped up. Besides the log popping up, nothing bad seemed to come out of it though.

I'll test 1.11 when I get back.

alset85

Testing 1.11 I only get the "truncating" error when both slots of the pallet are filled simultaneously by pawns and so I lose a stack. Otherwise and afterwards it's fine.

viperwasp

I'm pretty sure this does not matter but I did notice in the game output logs that me and Oragepoilu (I think) posted we both have the same video card series? Perhaps even the same exact video card but I don't think it is related to the card right? If you think it could then I will post more details about my system but I did notice we both had the same series of card in the output log.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

skullywag

Ok, sledgehammer time, i have removed the stacksize check in its entirety from my detour, if this now truncates your stack its the vanilla method being called which shouldnt happen cuz ive detoured it, if it does, this cannot be fixed.

Go grab 1.12.

CannibarRechter

Hi, skully, what is the expected behavior change in the most recent fix?

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Oragepoilu

v1.12 give me no error on a new game.
Wood get sometime an unexpected amount sometime (+1 wood come from thin air when they try to stack for the first time).

Example : Pawn carry 75. Storage have 0 on both sender and receiver slot. Receiver slot get 75 wood. Now pawn carry again 75. Receiver get 151 wood. Total amount of wood on the map increase in same time.
I made sure to check my pawn, they really did carry only 75. I need more testing to see if it happen for other amount.

Maybe this can ring a bell for you ? Maybe it's the real problem : getting one wood out of thin air that snowball the truncating because of the unexpected amount ?

skullywag

it doesnt truncate stacks over 75 (or ma stack size ala vanilla) and doesnt error.

skullywag

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 11, 2016, 01:42:45 PM
v1.12 give me no error on a new game.
Wood get sometime an unexpected amount sometime (+1 wood come from thin air when they try to stack for the first time).

Example : Pawn carry 75. Storage have 0 on both sender and receiver slot. Receiver slot get 75 wood. Now pawn carry again 75. Receiver get 151 wood. Total amount of wood on the map increase in same time.
I made sure to check my pawn, they really did carry only 75. I need more testing to see if it happen for other amount.

Maybe this can ring a bell for you ? Maybe it's the real problem : getting one wood out of thin air that snowball the truncating because of the unexpected amount ?

that sounds like nothing i could have caused, let me check, the movement part of the code hasnt changed in a few alphas now. but ill double check it.

Oragepoilu

the bonus wood also happen when I create a pallet under (75+75) wood : receiver slot get 151 instead of 150.
49+75 = 125, too.
22+75= 98

skullywag

I just am not seeing this, ive just plonked down 3 or 4 pallets and a number of "spawn 75 wood" godmode clicks and the resulting pallets have the correct total number in them. No bonus wood...

Oragepoilu

Godly place two stack of 75 wood next together and then godly place the pallet over it, not the opposite.
Edit : wait, it doesn't even matter, it bug in both case for me.

MoatBordered

Thanks. That definitely fixed the truncation when you build them on top of tiles with items. Only time will tell if it fixed that other issue with normal use that people keep mentioning but I can't reliably reproduce.

Just a minor bit though: built a tray rack on top of 2 stacks with 10 meals each.. get 21 meals as combined output. It doesn't have to be god mode build on top of existing items.. even a regular build causes it.

Before you sledgehammered truncation, stackCount also registered 21 in the logs before it would delete one of the stacks-- so this was probably already here long before. It just wasn't showing up because it gets truncated before we get to see the 1 extra.

skullywag

ok look this is getting rediculous.

I start game god mode place 2 stacks of 75 wood, place a pallet, i get 150 wood.