Suggestions wanted: Animals!

Started by Tynan, July 03, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 12, 2015, 03:42:14 PM-Snippets of Cat pâtés-
Egyptians worshiped cats, and cat like beings.
Claims to know most things.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 12, 2015, 03:52:24 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on August 12, 2015, 03:42:14 PM-Snippets of Cat pâtés-
Egyptians worshiped cats, and cat like beings.
Did you know Egyptian women were known to flash coastal villages on their pilgrimages via river ? "Sacred" and "revered" are two different things :-). And Herodotus is a fun read. Maybe they still ate cats ? And while half of their animals were considered sacred, many only locally. Egypt wasn't monolithic.

Mr.Cross

I know that Egyptians weren't monotheistic, I assume you were useing monolithic as a metaphor? But i didn't know that they scared of cats. As I haven't delved too deep into ancient Egypt.
Claims to know most things.

Toggle

Oh yeah, we have to remember things that are special, like the boomrats, usually have a storyline, the boomrats were weapons. So weaponized skunks?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

b0rsuk

Elephant War Armour
Sold by Exotic Goods merchant. Can also be crafted. You can put this on your elephant.

JimmyAgnt007

What about those worms from Tremors?  Sucking you under the ground to eat you if you move on dirt, but rocks are safe.  Grenades thrown get eaten and kill them. 

Toggle

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 17, 2015, 08:39:47 PM
Elephant War Armour
Sold by Exotic Goods merchant. Can also be crafted. You can put this on your elephant.

EQUIP THE ARMOR OF THE PRIMAL KNIGHTS, THEY SHALL RISE WITH DRANGLEIC!

mumblemumble

Some kind of pestilence animal. One that feeds on blood spills, rotting flesh,  nests in corpses to incubate eggs, and breeds quickly. Another idea is making it like cockroaches,  attracted to electric charges (meaning hanging by conduits.)
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Tagasaki

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on August 20, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
What about those worms from Tremors?  Sucking you under the ground to eat you if you move on dirt, but rocks are safe.

you mean worms from dune? sandworm is even more badass  8) hard to kill but only appears on soft ground like sand or soil but never on gravel or any floor tiles.

zenfur

Let's add scorpions for desert - slow, but their sting can be deadly (severe poison sickness). Some idea could be that they could lay eggs in the sand which could be collected and later planted to create room full of scorpions for base defense :D.

Also porcupines could be a nice idea for hotter climates. They shoot needles shotgun-style when disturbed.

Yeah some more challenging/disturbing rare animals (predators) or monsters would be a cool idea. Those could be added with a warning that they appear on the map. Like Jimmy mentioned Tremors.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Tagasaki on August 21, 2015, 06:17:24 AM
Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on August 20, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
What about those worms from Tremors?  Sucking you under the ground to eat you if you move on dirt, but rocks are safe.

you mean worms from dune? sandworm is even more badass  8) hard to kill but only appears on soft ground like sand or soil but never on gravel or any floor tiles.

I would think those would be a bit too massive.  lol

milon

I'd love to see some predators that eat other animals (and maybe colonists) like lions, raptors, and cougars.

Ostrich or emu would be fun too.

And maybe a rare chupacabra event.  ^_^

Bancheis

I actually read through all of these, and was surprised no one mentioned it. I would like to see pythons and the larger anacondas in the jungle/rainforest biomes. Relatively harmless unless caught sleeping or provoked. Would be fun to try and tame them, but risk getting strangled to death.

I know there is already a chance to be attacked if you fail the taming process, but perhaps this could result in something worse. I would suggest on a critical failure attempting to tame these, they coil around the colonist and constrict so he/she cannot escape alone. This would mean another colonist/guard animal would either need to accompany them or rush to their aid.

Could add a significant challenge, and possibly an amazing melee pet that would constrict enemies to either death or sleepy time :) Also, maybe a few crushed bones here or there.

Toggle

That's because there's already a snake animal.

Bancheis

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 22, 2015, 07:22:35 AM
That's because there's already a snake animal.
Yes, there is... but we learned this in grade school. All anacondas and pythons are snakes, but not all snakes are anacondas and pythons. There is a vast difference between the little love bites the snakes in the game give now, and a beast that can squeeze you to death.

Example. Your snake.

My snake.

There are a bunch of different dogs now. I doubt they would just say "Hey, let's just have the dogs be the same as wargs," otherwise we wouldn't have all these awesome new animals in this patch. That's why Tynan was asking for suggestions.