[B18] Project Fallout v1.6b (the *Smaller* Bug Crushing Update)

Started by AshbornK9, July 14, 2015, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N/A

N/A
0 (0%)
N/A
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 06, 2016, 01:06:26 PM

sefin_88

Im having small issue where some of the pawns have pink squares around them when Raider Power armor is equipped.  This doesnt happen all the time.  Some times raiders will have the pink square, other times they wont.  I can confirm its with the power armor cause when I take it on and off it effects it.  I cant seem to figure out why though.  Like I said its only on a few pieces of Raider armor and not all of it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

sefin_88

and this is without it.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Noble_Hawk

Quote from: sefin_88 on July 31, 2016, 11:20:23 AM
Im having small issue where some of the pawns have pink squares around them when Raider Power armor is equipped.  This doesnt happen all the time.  Some times raiders will have the pink square, other times they wont.  I can confirm its with the power armor cause when I take it on and off it effects it.  I cant seem to figure out why though.  Like I said its only on a few pieces of Raider armor and not all of it.

I've definitely noticed this happening too. Seems to trigger when a pawn equips the raider power armor while also wearing other pieces of clothing.

Additionally, I'm really loving your mod and Fallout has always been my favorite setting. I had some questions and suggestions if you don't mind answering, since I'm really interested in this mod growing to legendary status :D

First, are you planning on adding a setting that can turn off all non-fallout items, crops, factions, events, and whatnot? I think it would be excellent for that to be something you added later on down the line, since having a charge rifle, some mechanoids, and a psychic ship come out of nowhere is more than a little immersion breaking.

Second, are you planning on adding a fallout radiation mechanic? Something like an additional part of the pawns health tab that slowly grows from certain actions/situations, has some negative effects as it increases, and can be dealt with by doctors with radaway/whatever they can jury rig?

Third, are you planning on adding fallout themed events, and to what extent? (For instance, being attacked by the BoS if you're not on good terms with them and have a lot of tech in your settlement)

Fourth, are you planning on adding robots for both utility and combat, and will they be construct-able? (good god I would kill for a mister handy or three to keep my fortress from being a mud and blood filled mess right now)

Fifth, this relates to my first question but isn't quite as important. Are you planning on eventually replacing in game textures with more fallout themed ones? EG, making steel walls look more like patchwork, corrugated steel; making turrets look like the fallout turrets; adding stuff like bomb craters, wrecked cars, roads, more buildings, etc to what can spawn on a map; adding an additional biome to represent urban areas of the wasteland; making the batteries and other tech items look like their fallout counterparts.

I'm really loving this mod! Keep up the good work!

AshbornK9

Quote from: Noble_Hawk on August 02, 2016, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: sefin_88 on July 31, 2016, 11:20:23 AM

I've definitely noticed this happening too. Seems to trigger when a pawn equips the raider power armor while also wearing other pieces of clothing.

Additionally, I'm really loving your mod and Fallout has always been my favorite setting. I had some questions and suggestions if you don't mind answering, since I'm really interested in this mod growing to legendary status :D

First, are you planning on adding a setting that can turn off all non-fallout items, crops, factions, events, and whatnot? I think it would be excellent for that to be something you added later on down the line, since having a charge rifle, some mechanoids, and a psychic ship come out of nowhere is more than a little immersion breaking.

Second, are you planning on adding a fallout radiation mechanic? Something like an additional part of the pawns health tab that slowly grows from certain actions/situations, has some negative effects as it increases, and can be dealt with by doctors with radaway/whatever they can jury rig?

Third, are you planning on adding fallout themed events, and to what extent? (For instance, being attacked by the BoS if you're not on good terms with them and have a lot of tech in your settlement)

Fourth, are you planning on adding robots for both utility and combat, and will they be construct-able? (good god I would kill for a mister handy or three to keep my fortress from being a mud and blood filled mess right now)

Fifth, this relates to my first question but isn't quite as important. Are you planning on eventually replacing in game textures with more fallout themed ones? EG, making steel walls look more like patchwork, corrugated steel; making turrets look like the fallout turrets; adding stuff like bomb craters, wrecked cars, roads, more buildings, etc to what can spawn on a map; adding an additional biome to represent urban areas of the wasteland; making the batteries and other tech items look like their fallout counterparts.

I'm really loving this mod! Keep up the good work!

Everything except for the removing non-fallout stuff is most likely going to make it in eventually, that said I am taking a few weeks off from the mod while I start up another mod.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

HoesLoveNuts

Love you babe i appreciate you you smart you loyal we.. No you Tha Best.

sefin_88

I believe I found the problem with the pink square on some pawns with Raider Armor.  There should only be 3 textures for the "Hulk" pawn type.  In the texture folder located   Project Fallout v1.2\Textures\Things\Fallout\Apparel\PowerArmor\Raider\Armor.  Delete the texture labeled RaiderPA_Hulk and leave the other three "Hulk" types (front, side, and back).  Should fix the issue with the pink squares.

Deimos Rast

so I made some configs for some Enclave power armor textures I found and figured you would be interested in them, but....you already have them.
RIP mod.
Glad I checked first.
;D
#StopPluginAbuse

AshbornK9

v1.3 - Updated to A15 (took me long enough), added Bighorners, Brahmin, a bunch of traits (see below), T-45 Power Armor (Suit and Helmet -Credit to JangoD'soul Author of the T-45b Power Armor mod), RockItLauncher, and Junkjet.

Traits: Gifted, Intense Training, Good Natured, Idiot Savant, Animal Friend, Nerd Rage, Whiskey Rose, Jury Rigger, Regular Maintenance, and Full Maintenance.

Click here:

Arnold Rimmer

Is this mod available anywhere else?
The Nexus maybe?
It seems that ad.fly wont let me download it, unless i exclude it from adblocker.
[Insert combination of words here]

AshbornK9

Quote from: Arnold Rimmer on October 08, 2016, 04:15:18 PM
Is this mod available anywhere else?
The Nexus maybe?
It seems that ad.fly wont let me download it, unless i exclude it from adblocker.
It's on Steam, I haven't updated the Nexus one yet.

Click here:

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: AshbornK9 on October 08, 2016, 03:18:34 PM
v1.3 - Updated to A15 (took me long enough), added Bighorners, Brahmin, a bunch of traits (see below), T-45 Power Armor (Suit and Helmet -Credit to JangoD'soul Author of the T-45b Power Armor mod), RockItLauncher, and Junkjet.

Traits: Gifted, Intense Training, Good Natured, Idiot Savant, Animal Friend, Nerd Rage, Whiskey Rose, Jury Rigger, Regular Maintenance, and Full Maintenance.
YaY!
Brahmins!

hiepbg

Dingo

I'm quoting myself here in-case you miss my post in the other thread. Regarding gender-based traits:

Quote from: Dingo on October 09, 2016, 01:19:05 AM
Ashborn, that's already possible. There are defs for commonality and commonalityFemale so you can set either one to 0 and have it only apply to one gender.

https://github.com/RimWorldMod/RimworldModdingFiles/blob/master/Defs/TraitDefs/Traits.xml

Example for male-only trait (random value):

<commonality>1</commonality>
<commonalityFemale>0</commonalityFemale>

And female-only (random value):

<commonality>0</commonality>
<commonalityFemale>0.4</commonalityFemale>

AshbornK9

Quote from: hiepbg on October 09, 2016, 02:00:27 AM
Do i need a new save for this mod ?
Yes, it's in Alpha 15 now, so i made a bunch of changes, which will break any previous saves (probably)

EDIT: Also, provided you meant in general, yes, this mod adds a faction, which may or may not break a save, along with various other things that could be issues when trying to add it in an existing game

Click here:

hiepbg

Thank you !

I will create a new game to enjoy it :D