[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Mister Rikiki, is this where I can change how bright the spotlight is, along with the diameter of the light area (from BuildingsSpotlight_Light.xml)? Also, what's overlightRadius do? Thanks! Oh btw, the drill turret doesn't work with Quarry :P
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
        <glowRadius>3.5</glowRadius>
        <overlightRadius>3</overlightRadius>
        <glowColor>(255,255,255,0)</glowColor>
      </li>
    </comps>

Harry_Dicks

Rikiki, is there anyway that I can modify the laser fence to open/close with a button I press, and not require a pawn flick, and also make it so that it can only go in one direction per gate? Or would that take a lot of work? I was thinking I can make my own armor gate mod with this :) Also, anyway to make them longer?

Rikiki

@Harry_Dicks: yes, you can modify the light radius there.
Overlight means 100% light like sun lamp. Normal light only provides 50% light.

For the laser fence, if you know C# coding you can modify it. Otherwise, I am affraid it is not possible with XML only.
The length is short so it is not overpowered for ennemy raids.
You can select the active direction with the command buttons.

Alexander_Lem

Your landing pads and spaceships are just amazing!
I've seen this tread before, but skipped it since I was playing tribals, but I'm definitely adding it this time! :)
I hope they will eventually replace vanilla trade beacons, landing actual ships is so much cooler.

I'm sorry to hear that outposts were discontinued, the screenshot looks very nice. Maybe you can reintroduce them as a faction mod with custom base generation?
P.S. Can you post/pm a few more screenshots of small and big outposts for inspiration?

mahorych00

It seems that the fog from glitching ships might have reached Old Earth from where the World of the Rim stands now. I have no idea what is happening, since EVERY landing ship fills the map with fog. After destroying it with devmode, it disappears, as well as the landing pad, and after I replace the landing pad in GodMode and plug it back in - the next ship glitches out again and fills the ENTIRE map with fog.

Is there a way to end this nonsense without deleting the mod/smashing the PC to bits?

Update: moving a mod which adds custom floor tiles and Bridgello mod upwards (above the Mining & Co. stuff) seems to fix the problem. Hilarious.

Update #2: everything seems to glitch again, maybe it's due to cyrillic characters in the save name?

SzQ

Quote from: Alexander_Lem on January 19, 2018, 09:47:36 AM
I hope they will eventually replace vanilla trade beacons, landing actual ships is so much cooler.
It would be the ultimate Serenity experience.
Edit:
Maybe even build several landing pads to create small trade HUB and get small % from transactions between traders.
Edit^2:
And crew of ship could use some beds and stuff thanks to Hospitality.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SzQ on February 03, 2018, 08:13:11 AM
Quote from: Alexander_Lem on January 19, 2018, 09:47:36 AM
It would be the ultimate Serenity experience.
Edit:
Maybe even build several landing pads to create small trade HUB and get small % from transactions between traders.
Edit^2:
And crew of ship could use some beds and stuff thanks to Hospitality.

Man, that would be totally off the walls fucking awesome, and a huge boost to immersion. You could really have TONS of different ways of expanding upon this idea. Think about all this awesome shit you could build in your base, an entire new system of awesome stuff:

Different size landing pads will allow different sized trader ships to visit you
A framework could be developed to make it easy for modders to import their own ship models. Spaceships from Star Wars, Star Trek, hell the damn penis ship from 2001: A Space Odyssey!
You could build all sorts of new maintenance facilities to accommodate whatever new visitors might stop by and their vessels, maybe even collaborate with Hospitality bringing in visitors! Stuff like an engine service centers, ship repair shops, xeno hospitals, xeno livestock/animal hospitals, stuff any sort of supplies and/or services space traveler/truckers might need.
Defenses against pirate/raider spaceships. This could give a whole new meaning to needing to have AA dedicated defenses, having to build bases under mountains, and using mods that let you build thick stone roofs (same thing as mountain overhead, you can also build solar panels on the roofs I think, mod is Expanded Roofing https://github.com/AaronCRobinson/ExpandedRoofing/releases or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108968677 )

Also if I could see a ship come down, open it's cargo door/ramp, and see my actual livestock that I just purchased come walking out of it, would be really awesome.

I fully understand that this might go against the idea of "Hey we crashlanded on this planet and are trying to get off." I don't ever play to "win" in this game, and I know I am definitely not alone in playing this way in the slightest. I haven't ever even built the dang spaceship! ;) My own roleplay reasoning is that I have built a damn paradise for my colonists, why would they want to leave?!

But guys, what if it could be expanded, just, one, more, step... And we could actually load up our colonists on this spaceship, and fly them to different cells on the planet? Man, one more step, when your colonists are ready to fly away... port them over to something like FTL. You have some of your ship modifications already picked out from within RimWorld. Maybe that could be a fun roleplay idea, or a reason to use the option I have in the Scenario Editor, which is something like Planetkiller? Make it so you have to get off the planet in X amount of time. The reasoning could be because the Rebels from FTL are coming, aaaahhhhh!

Hah, in my dreams! :P

SzQ

Yea that is like dream. That would probably need couple of modders.
The best part is that it can easily be done partially.
Like:

• Multiple landed ships
  • Ships spawning few pawns that just stand there
  • Simple random barter interaction between ships
  • Multiple textures for ships according to trader type
  • Multiple gear for pawns according to ship they spawn from
  • Non trader ships: mercenaries, settlers, refugees, whores
  • somewhere there spawned paws using hospitality
  • aaand many more ideas and possible possibilities...
  • More quests:

• (already have)resources for repair
  • helping with repair
  • crew need medical attention
  • chased refugee ask for help
  • mercenaries offer defense
  • resupply food/other
  • crazy zoof... scientist want various animal examples from your biome
  • pirate demand prisoner or fight/pay
  • aand so on

@Harry_Dicks
This idea probably should have it's own thread. We(everyone) could think what could be done in what order and by who.

stream

Canute

Hi rikki,
i think for the next update you should add jade to the tradegood from the periodic and cargo ship.
Jade is a mineable mineral, and gold is allready sold by them.

Harry_Dicks

Rikiki, do you think you will ever expand upon the laser fences? Maybe have some sort of "gate" that you can allow only certain pawns/prisoners/animals to go through? I was thinking about how Clutter's lock system works, and it is really fantastic. I guess what I'm thinking of could just have a door between two pylons, but I know it could be so much cooler than that..

Maybe we could have a "laser drawbridge" in addition to the laser fence? ;D If we could ever have drawbridges, I guess I would allow deep water to be passable, but at maybe 10% movespeed, so that you can't have an impossible to get to base.

Rikiki

[@Alexander_Lem: I think the download link is still available for the last up-to-date version. I did not kept other screenshots. :-\

@Harry_Dicks and SzQ: A lot of good ideas. Everything is possible with the right amount of work but... I feel the scope of Spaceship mod is quite large enough.
Plus, modding Rimworls already consumes a lot of my free time and you have no idea of the amount of work it would be to code all your nice ideas! ::)

@Canute: thanks, that's noted! :)

@Harry_Dicks: about laser fences. I tinkered about a laser gate but it was too easy to cheat the AI with it.
That's the same idea for the drawbridge. It is is very appealing but getting the AI (and even your own pawns) to use it would be quite difficult with a lot of hidden corner cases.

Harry_Dicks

Thanks for replying about the spaceships, really I was just fantasizing, and I understand that would be an insane amount of work.

About the laser fence/drawbridge: I fully appreciate how easy it would be to cheat the AI. However, understand that coming from my point of view, that will never stop me from wanting to create something like this. Because I know I will have to balance my game around it, hence why I said I would have to let deep water be passable, otherwise I will ruin the fun for myself. Hell, I've already got dev mode cheats as one click away, but I can already restrain myself from that, so I think I will be able to use a drawbridge in the game to where it is still fun for myself ;)

Anyway, I promise this will be the last time I bring it up! ;D But if you have ever checked out the mod Mechanical Defense 2, it had a wall that you could raise/lower. It had 3 levels. Solid wall, embrasure, and then fully lowered. The mod is currently being maintained by not the original author, but some parts, including the walls, are updated to B18. I'm guessing these can just somehow create and remove a building at the flick of a pawn, and remember it's health. I was thinking if we could just have something like this, but have it extended out to a 3x5 drawbridge, or maybe have a few various dimensions.

There is also the armor gate from HardcoreSK mod pack. I looked at it in ILSpy, and actually found the parts I was looking for! However, I still can't figure out how to really get a project "started" in Microsoft Visual Studio ::) But I was trying to have something like your laser fence, but have it just as one big building, instead of having to make two pylons. I wanted to be able to just set down a 4x1 or 3x1 "armor gate" that I can raise/lower. I think I would probably prefer being able to press the button and it goes up or down from my control, but I suppose required a pawn to come over and flick it would work as well, too.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my silly ideas. Unfortunately, I can only do things in xml right now. So until some point in the future that may never come, I'm stuck with only my suggestions, hoping that maybe a couple of them might be worthy. Good enough for one of you C# wizards to want to take the time to try some of them out :P

SzQ

I'm surprised people didn't loose their shit jumping around while thinking of landing trade ships.  :-\

stream

Ruisuki

does the airship require a new save? Or can I just settle a new colony as the text states and add it mid game? It sounds SO sweet