[1.3] Glass&Lights Last Update: [8/13/21]

Started by jacob814, August 06, 2015, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

I have caravans so im on A16, and i have the glass table so I have the latest version of the mod. Can you tell me where glass walls are located under the architect menu? Heres all i see, though glass auto door is there just covered by the walls options: I have the reinforced glass waiting to go so I can build it just dont see it

https://ibb.co/bSAQ85

Canute

Once you got researched them, under structures you got
Glass doors, Glass Autodoors, Windows.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2017, 04:04:43 AM
Once you got researched them, under structures you got
Glass doors, Glass Autodoors, Windows.
yeah thats all i see. im confused...on the first page i see mentions of glass walls. Is this not the case?

Canute

windows are a kind of wall or not ? :-)
Reinforced windows got at last 350 HP and some beauty.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2017, 04:53:12 AM
windows are a kind of wall or not ? :-)
Reinforced windows got at last 350 HP and some beauty.
windows are walls? So its not its own separate object?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 09, 2017, 05:07:16 AM

Right. The windows replace the wall. If you click on the window structure (which is shown in your screenshot) you can choose what type of glass you want, and then place it on the wall tile you want it in. The wall tile is deconstructed and becomes the window.

Additionally the glassworks TV is under "Joy" objects

Ruisuki

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 09, 2017, 09:09:22 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on April 09, 2017, 05:07:16 AM

Right. The windows replace the wall. If you click on the window structure (which is shown in your screenshot) you can choose what type of glass you want, and then place it on the wall tile you want it in. The wall tile is deconstructed and becomes the window.

Additionally the glassworks TV is under "Joy" objects
Oh i see.......Hm, i guess I better make the walls out of the material I have the most of if the glass will just end up replacing it.

I see glassworks tv under the joy section when on god mode but its not there when im not in god mode. Not sure why this is?

Canute

Glass walls/windows + glass door/autodoors are best for your sleeping rooms.
Good beauty boni and you might need less lamps to light out the area.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2017, 04:47:56 PM
Glass walls/windows + glass door/autodoors are best for your sleeping rooms.
Good beauty boni and you might need less lamps to light out the area.
I thought jacob hadnt solved the lighting problem yet? As in, no light actually gets in through the windows? I remember reading he would get around to it when he had the time youre saying thats happened already?

If that is the case, how would light pour in to my glass building if its double walled and 3 of the 4 outer wall layers are granite? Would it stop light from entering the room? Im still interested in how light would work in this hypothetical scenario jacob, even if its not a possibility yet as it will impact the future construction of some of my buildings.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 09, 2017, 09:54:03 PM
I thought jacob hadnt solved the lighting problem yet? As in, no light actually gets in through the windows? I remember reading he would get around to it when he had the time youre saying thats happened already?

Only natural light does not pass through the glass

jacob814

Probably should have said this, but Dr_ZHivago is correct. Light from artificial light sources pass through the window walls but sunlight does not due to how natural light is in the game.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

jacob814

Yes, allowing light to pass through is only with the glass walls, like in real life. The exception being natural light not working.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

If the glass building is double walled artificial light doesnt get it then?

jacob814

Think of real life, no matter the thickness of glass, light can pass through but what I was getting from you is if you put a solid wall in front of it does it still pass through light <-- No

Any thickness of this glass will allow light through if you have a powerful enough of a light.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights

Ruisuki

ah yeah makes sense the outer layer wouldnt allow light to pass through, hered the situation i was referencing, using a 5x5 perimeter as an example, though the open space would only be 1x1 inside it:

stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/
stonewall/glasswall/glasswall/glasswall/stonewall/
stonewall//glasswall/room/glasswall/stonewall/
stonewall//glasswall/glasswall/glasswall/stonewall/
stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/stonewall/

So according to this the 1x1 would be dark af. I think ill only double wall the vertical sides and leave the sides glass only to still let some light in