How do you play?

Started by stranger080, September 02, 2015, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you usually play Rimworld? Pease read post first!

Hard core survival
17 (21.5%)
Survival
36 (45.6%)
Comforted survival - read post!
13 (16.5%)
God mode
3 (3.8%)
Other
4 (5.1%)
Mostly hardcore
6 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

TLHeart

Eating, and sleeping take priority over firefighting. Colonist will sleep through a fire, or stop in the middle of fire fighting and eat.

stranger080

Quote from: TLHeart on September 02, 2015, 04:54:57 PM
Eating, and sleeping take priority over firefighting. Colonist will sleep through a fire, or stop in the middle of fire fighting and eat.
Makes sense, if they were working all the time firefighting, they would probably starve of get burned while sleeping

SaintD

Quote from: Lerxst on September 02, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
Hard core mostly. The only "cheating" I do is when the storyteller think it's funny to drop a toxic ship followed by an Evil ship after about 5 months of in-game time.

Usually play on Classic Challenging difficulty though, so I'm willing to deal with the random bullet that rips my 14-skill Miner's arm off. But those f(*^& ships! Can't kill them with a pistol and survival rifle and can't afford the resources to build turrets all the way across the amp to them. So... Dev console, here I come!

I got slapped with an early poison ship with an evil ship a couple times too before the rebalance (not the kind of thing Cassandra basebuilder should be pulling). The last time it happened I hung around a little bit before ragequitting, and at least got the amusement of a raid being dropped on me soon after....a raid which would path right past a pair of poison ships. While a large group of visitors was also on the way out.

Absolute carnage ensued.

stranger080

Quote from: SaintD on September 03, 2015, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: Lerxst on September 02, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
Hard core mostly. The only "cheating" I do is when the storyteller think it's funny to drop a toxic ship followed by an Evil ship after about 5 months of in-game time.

Usually play on Classic Challenging difficulty though, so I'm willing to deal with the random bullet that rips my 14-skill Miner's arm off. But those f(*^& ships! Can't kill them with a pistol and survival rifle and can't afford the resources to build turrets all the way across the amp to them. So... Dev console, here I come!

I got slapped with an early poison ship with an evil ship a couple times too before the rebalance (not the kind of thing Cassandra basebuilder should be pulling). The last time it happened I hung around a little bit before ragequitting, and at least got the amusement of a raid being dropped on me soon after....a raid which would path right past a pair of poison ships. While a large group of visitors was also on the way out.

Absolute carnage ensued.
If you recorded it and put it on youtube, please tell me because I want to see that!

Futrettamer

I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't get an evil ship on Phoebe Basebuilder? Everyone survived, but only just

jega

Quote from: Futrettamer on September 04, 2015, 04:08:44 PM
I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't get an evil ship on Phoebe Basebuilder? Everyone survived, but only just

If you don't have a sniper rifle and know how to deal with them, it really isn't a "basebuilder" kind of story being told but hay, that's just my opinion.

stranger080

Quote from: jega on September 04, 2015, 04:28:21 PM
Quote from: Futrettamer on September 04, 2015, 04:08:44 PM

If you don't have a sniper rifle and know how to deal with them, it really isn't a "basebuilder" kind of story being told but hay, that's just my opinion.
That's why I would just reload an auto save to keep it from happening, works well

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: MultiDavid on September 02, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Other, i... save scum alot when one of my colonists die with a lucky shot, yet i do not cheat in any other way so i cannot pick any of the other options.
This. I never cheat in any game I play, no matter how easy it would be. I do, however, save scum A LOT. "I see you are on the brink of starvation, yet you have fields full of crops about to be harvested. I think you need a blight!" Yeah, screw that! :P Re-load last autosave!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

stranger080

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 08, 2015, 04:28:23 PM
Quote from: MultiDavid on September 02, 2015, 11:57:18 AM
Other, i... save scum alot when one of my colonists die with a lucky shot, yet i do not cheat in any other way so i cannot pick any of the other options.
This. I never cheat in any game I play, no matter how easy it would be. I do, however, save scum A LOT. "I see you are on the brink of starvation, yet you have fields full of crops about to be harvested. I think you need a blight!" Yeah, screw that! :P Re-load last autosave!
Yeah, the game can be a biatch sometimes

Lady Wolf

Normally I play with Cassandra or Phoebe on "Challenge,"

I like to use EDP's "prepare carefully" mod so set up my initial four colonists (I prefer four over three since it lets me specialize them a bit more for specific tasks) and give them some starter gear better suited to the terrain they're landing in. (no more parkas when landing in the desert.)

Once they're dirt side I let things happen as they will mostly without cheating, but do plenty of micro managing since they seem incapable of properly prioritizing tasks on their own even with the work list set. (A raid is gearing up to attack, but instead of finishing up the turrets they'd rather build a shiny new kitchen and bedroom set?)

The only cheating I do is re-queue the "wanderer joins" event until I get a colonist I consider "acceptable." (No room in my colonies for crippled prostophobes with cataracts, lazy neurotic slowpokes, or dilettantes that refuse to haul or clean.) Those that are unacceptable I just hit with the dev mode destroy button before re-queuing the event.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 08, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

I like to use EDP's "prepare carefully" mod so set up my initial four colonists (I prefer four over three since it lets me specialize them a bit more for specific tasks) and give them some starter gear better suited to the terrain they're landing in. (no more parkas when landing in the desert.)

Once they're dirt side I let things happen as they will mostly without cheating, but do plenty of micro managing since they seem incapable of properly prioritizing tasks on their own even with the work list set. (A raid is gearing up to attack, but instead of finishing up the turrets they'd rather build a shiny new kitchen and bedroom set?)

The only cheating I do is re-queue the "wanderer joins" event until I get a colonist I consider "acceptable." (No room in my colonies for crippled prostophobes with cataracts, lazy neurotic slowpokes, or dilettantes that refuse to haul or clean.) Those that are unacceptable I just hit with the dev mode destroy button before re-queuing the event.

i really need to stop being lazy and experiment, but does adding the fourth or even a fifth colonist to your initial party prolong how long you can skate before you have to toss the obligatory "you don't have five colonist" joins?

stranger080

I need to start doing that. And yeah, I abuse the heck out of edb prepare carefully

MisterVertigo

Those that are unacceptable I just hit with the dev mode destroy button before re-queuing the event.
How do you re-queue this event? Is that in Dev mode? Like I said, I never cheat so I don't know how that works! :)
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 08, 2015, 06:43:55 PM
Those that are unacceptable I just hit with the dev mode destroy button before re-queuing the event.
How do you re-queue this event? Is that in Dev mode? Like I said, I never cheat so I don't know how that works! :)

was wondering that too, worse comes to worse i can get more ore from trade ships.