How do you play?

Started by stranger080, September 02, 2015, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you usually play Rimworld? Pease read post first!

Hard core survival
17 (21.5%)
Survival
36 (45.6%)
Comforted survival - read post!
13 (16.5%)
God mode
3 (3.8%)
Other
4 (5.1%)
Mostly hardcore
6 (7.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Mrshilka

I eat pets if they die, Meats back on the menu boys!

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Mrshilka on September 11, 2015, 08:09:05 PM
I eat pets if they die, Meats back on the menu boys!

cannibal colony motto, suspiciously similar to the roach motel.... hehe. :D

chaotix14

Personally I'd like to say I play survival, but due to the massive load of mods I have installed I would say it's probably much closer to comforted survival. I mean I don't use any cheats, but they do give a massive edge to the point where keeping people alive is a lot easier.

stranger080

Quote from: chaotix14 on September 12, 2015, 07:30:54 AM
Personally I'd like to say I play survival, but due to the massive load of mods I have installed I would say it's probably much closer to comforted survival. I mean I don't use any cheats, but they do give a massive edge to the point where keeping people alive is a lot easier.
Yeah, the glitterworld tech mod is my difficulty amplifier. The commandos are a pain, of course I use edb prepare carefully to give myself a good amount of armor to start off with

Kelian

I use the console for simple stuff, so I guess I fall into comforted... but I never force flee and have been enjoying a two colonist start and keeping my colony small and efficient. I hope the dev console stays in the final game. It has seriously added hundreds of hours to gameplay for me. Sometimes if I get bored I'll add traits to my two colonists or trigger weather events.

stranger080

Quote from: Kelian on September 14, 2015, 02:52:32 PM
I use the console for simple stuff, so I guess I fall into comforted... but I never force flee and have been enjoying a two colonist start and keeping my colony small and efficient. I hope the dev console stays in the final game. It has seriously added hundreds of hours to gameplay for me. Sometimes if I get bored I'll add traits to my two colonists or trigger weather events.
I try and avoid modifying colonists, I usually try and keep the weather clear, but I will end some map conditions like toxic fall out or solar flare if needed

NuclearStudent

In the late game, I've recently started calling raids in on myself at random using the dev console.

Loki88

Quote from: NuclearStudent on September 18, 2015, 02:36:34 AM
In the late game, I've recently started calling raids in on myself at random using the dev console.

I've got the more factions mod active and thought I'd do an "end of the world" raid doing that exact same thing but called in 7 or 8 raids at the same time... who then proceeded to fight among themselves without ever touching my base... end of world fail!

stranger080

Quote from: Loki88 on September 18, 2015, 02:40:30 AM
Quote from: NuclearStudent on September 18, 2015, 02:36:34 AM

I've got the more factions mod active and thought I'd do an "end of the world" raid doing that exact same thing but called in 7 or 8 raids at the same time... who then proceeded to fight among themselves without ever touching my base... end of world fail!
Lol , and with the raids, yeah, I have done that at times when I get bored and need some gear

Canaris

I dont cheat, i use only one save ( XCom style Ironman when ?? ), i use manual priorities and i micromanage in battle.
So pretty much this. :)
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

stranger080

Quote from: Canaris on September 20, 2015, 10:10:18 AM
I dont cheat, i use only one save ( XCom style Ironman when ?? ), i use manual priorities and i micromanage in battle.
I think I have loaded more auto saves this alpha then I ever have, I think I care more about my animals then my colonists...

Canaris

Quote from: stranger080 on September 21, 2015, 02:53:57 PM
I think I have loaded more auto saves this alpha then I ever have, I think I care more about my animals then my colonists...

Oh dont even start with animals ...
I wept like a child when i had to put down Shrapnel, male labrador who lost both front legs defending his handler from Rhino attack :(
And to boot it was mere month after my teenage urbworld prostitute/colony mascot got decapitated by collapsing rubble :(

But no reloads for me - XCOM made a complete ironman nut ;>
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

stranger080

Quote from: Canaris on September 21, 2015, 03:32:47 PM

I wept like a child when i had to put down Shrapnel, male labrador who lost both front legs defending his handler from Rhino attack :(
And to boot it was mere month after my teenage urbworld prostitute/colony mascot got decapitated by collapsing rubble :(

Yeah, every time anow animal dies in combat, I put them in a sarcophagus in my tomb in respect of their sacrifice, I don't butcher or cremate them, I let them have a place where the will be remembered

stranger080

Quote from: stranger080 on September 21, 2015, 04:23:06 PM
Quote from: Canaris on September 21, 2015, 03:32:47 PM

Yeah, every time anow animal dies in combat, I put them in a sarcophagus in my tomb in respect of their sacrifice, I don't butcher or cremate them, I let them have a place where the will be remembered
Speaking of combat, I actually took down 2 or 3 scythers and a centipede using animals only, I think I lost maybe one husky