What are your favorite games?

Started by Dartonian, September 09, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Favourite gaaames?

Dungeon Keeper 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Xcom (original and Terror from the deep and the new ones)
Severance: Blade of Darkness
Monkey Islands (each and every one)
Planescape Torment
Baldur's gate 2
Fallout 2
Elderscrolls: Morrowind
Doom
Legend of Grimrock 1 & 2
a lot of the Civilizations & Alpha centauri
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Wizardry series
Heroes of Might & Magic (2 & 4)
Little Samson
New Zealand Story
Syndicate
Battletoads
Legend of Zelda
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6
Golden Ax

and quite a bit of newer games, too but I can't remember lot of em just now

Edit: Oooh Shnap!
Grim Fandango!
"Hola Manuel!"

Edit 2:
Shovel Knight
Shantae series
Völgarr the Viking
Never Winter Nights (the expansions mostly)
FTL
Sam & Max Hit the road
Prince of Persia (Sands of Time and Two Thrones)

Edit 3:
Jade Empire
Mass Effect

Korben Dallas

Hey I've been trying to find Dungeon Keeper 2, used to play that when I was younger how did you get a copy?

Shinzy

Quote from: Korben Dallas on November 15, 2015, 07:12:48 PM
Hey I've been trying to find Dungeon Keeper 2, used to play that when I was younger how did you get a copy?

GoG!
https://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper_2

They go to great lengths to make sure the old games work on modern machines properly so I can recommend trying to find from there if you're itching to play some of your old games again =P

Korben Dallas

Quote from: Shinzy on November 17, 2015, 03:21:16 AM
Quote from: Korben Dallas on November 15, 2015, 07:12:48 PM

GoG!
https://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper_2

They go to great lengths to make sure the old games work on modern machines properly so I can recommend trying to find from there if you're itching to play some of your old games again =P

Nice! Thank you

MeowRailroad

Trainz Mac 2
Traincraft modded minecraft server (I don't play regular minecraft anymore)

RimWorld is the only non-train related game I play.
(yes I like trains, I have heard that joke 1000's of times before)
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Gaiska

SI Football Manager
Bloodline Champions
Rimworld

Alistaire

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal
Crusader Kings II (with Elder Kings)
Dominions 4
Fallout: New Vegas (with DUST Survival Simulator)
Gnomoria
Gothic 3
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Hotline Miami
Medieval II: Total War (with Europa Barbarorum II, Third Age: Total War with Divide & Conquer or Darthmod)
Mount & Blade (with Star Wars: Conquest)
Mount & Blade Warband (with Gekokujo, Nova Aetas, Bellum Imperii or Brytenwalda)
Parkitect
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack (with OpenRCT)
Rollercoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
Rome: Total War (with Europa Barbarorum, Roma Surrectum II or Darthmod)
Sid Meier's Civilization III
SimCity 4 Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (with Nehrim: At Fate's Edge)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (with loads of mods)
Torchlight II

Adamiks

Undertale.

I'm waiting for Sanstale.

Sens

Ultima 7,8 (the deepest & most mysterious game i ever encountered, just check how long the walkthrough for 7 is and you will be amazed.)

Ultima Online: The most real RPG experience ever, for the first two years with its most unforgiving system, alot of real emotions came out by playing the game, from honor to sacrifice, from joy to fear, mystery of exploring the huge world with your friends or being brave and going alone and risk getting lost somewhere and dying without anyone to ressurect you around or even understand what you as a ghost were saying because all the living player could hear was oOOOoooOOO when you typed in chatbox because he didnt have spirit speak skill to understand ghosts/dead speaking lol, most of skilled mages did ressurect you or gated you out but there were some evil guys too, which meant you had to find a shrine somewhere or go to town by foot being a ghost, if not on some god forsaken island, it could take you hour or two just to find your way back home or populated area (no loading screens, everything was one huge land, including dungeons and everything inside, biggest virtual world ever, epic proportions..., the game even came with a nice clothed map :) ), there was real respect or shame etc for people in the way they played the game, just like in reality... you could litteraly feel what other players were feeling, adrenaline packed pvp, due to risking all your stuff you had on you, huge amount of different skills and ways to play the game - perfected. Few examples: No predefined classes, your limitation were 700 skill points which meant you were able to grandmaster 7 skills or have more than 7 skills without grandmastery and made a unique type of class to fit the way u played and no skill was useless, there were tons of them to lvl up. When u used a skill for a couple times u could gain a 0,1+ increase in points kind of system. You could be a simple fisher/treasure hunter, would fish and sell fishes, once you lvled up sufficiently, aside different kinds of fish you found treasure maps and had to find it based on the minimap there, not so easy, you had to know the huge world of ultima very good to find and dig up the treasure etc... buy a ship and sail off to explore the islands, distant lands of the world or just fish in deep sea risking your life as there were monsters there at times etc..., be a mage who could aside fighting with battle spells, enchantment spells, dissenchant, cast huge deamons, teleport, telekinesis, fire or poison fields, paralyze, energy vortexes, lock, unlock, heal, cure etc.., or gate people to the distant parts of the world to anywhere where you had a rune marked to (made a good living like that if you wanted, just by gating people around all day lol, but to cast a spell you needed specific reagents which cost money), ressurect etc.., be a blacksmith, mine/smelt different kinds of ore, not just at some specific areas but bassicly anywhere in the world where there were mountains, make armors, weapons and sell those or be bowyer and make bows, arrows and staffs, clubs out of wood, be a carpenter and make housing equipment etc, a scribe and make mage books and spell scrolls, be an animal tamer and tame all kinds of animals and beasts either to sell or to run through lands with your tamed dragons, riding your tamed Nightmares (strong firebreathing horses) and pvp or pve/pvm like that, be a thief and use skills like hiding, stealth and pickpockets and stole stuff out of peoples backpacks (anything, even the most precious gear they had there :) or lockpick chests in dungeons, or be bard and play music and roleplay or provoke monsters via provoke skill to fight each other or other players :) , be a cook and make all kinds of meals u can imagine, be an alchemist and make tons of potions or a poisoner and poison weapons etc etc etc.. and all was perfected down to such a degree that you could make a living being anything of those, had fun playing anything of that and gameplay was totaly different based on whatever you wanted to be, could just be a friendly guy with a shop and never fight a monster if you didnt want to etc. The economy players set up was awesome, people were trading all days infront banks in towns... Later when you made some money you could buy one of the several house types that came with a deed, and just found a spot in the land of ultima online that was not in town, like an open grassfield or something somewhere in the land and placed your house there, could even own a huge keep or castle, have your own NPC vendors that sold goods u made or looted etc.. :) Really awesome what it offered. And this was just a small part of the game, after a while huge alliances were formed out of guilds, could join one of two Generic Factions if you wanted Order or Chaos, people were fighting, pvping all days long and it wasnt about gear or just grandmastery in 7 skills to win a battle, it was about the way you played 10x more than anything else, you could use enviroment to your advantage to such a degree that it turned the tide even when severly outnumbered, you could have balls and lured attackers next to a deamon for example and althou he went for you first you cast the invisibility spell or teleport to other part of room and hid and the deamon or dragon or lich lord or whatever strong monster attacked them instead and they died crying because they didnt expect it and you laughed like a madman to tears and later looted all their gear and everything they had, making several stops to your house cause you couldnt carry everything, you could also steal their house!!! castle!!! if the fools had house keys on them including anything inside imagine that!, imagine looting some grinder smiths house and all stuff he gained in lets say a year of playing ultima online every day couple of hours pressing that pickaxe to mine ore... i looted several building like this, was like heaven lol. I never grinded, just had fun and pvped 16-20h a day and thats why it felt so good. Such grinders were really rich but had no pvp skills and were easy target if you knew where and when to find them (ussualy somewhere in god forskaken end of a cavern, with their character grandmaster in mining, blacksmithy and hiding. Sometimes when exploring the land and entering a small cavern you simply knew they were there hidding, trembling in fear with that pickaxe in hand, you could feel them and cast that reveal speal in the area and murderer them stole their hard earned loot they mined for a year, with the house incl. if you were really evil, i actually left a couple houses to people cause i already felt bad for them, the loot was more than enough., you got fck... rich in second :) nothing like the online rpgs today ) You came to a dungeon and just threw an energy vortex or blade spirits at a bunch of guys pvming, placed a wall of stone so they couldnt escape, no questions asked, slayed them all and became a murderer, which turned your name in red color which meant anyone could attack you without becoming criminal (best pvp system ever, you could fight/kill anyone, anywhere, anytime u wanted (except town and even in town if they didnt call guards on you, they had to type "guards" and sometimes they didnt even have time to do that :) ), but if you attacked innocent u turned into a criminal for a while which meant anyone could attack you without becoming a criminal, if you killed 5 innocent people in 24h you turned into a murderer and if you died a murderer you lost 10% of all your skills (if you were 7x grandmaster it hurt you aloot). You had to be in game for 24 hours to lose 1 kill count + You couldnt enter more than just two "pirate/murderer" towns to use your bank which was the only spot where your stuff/gear was always safe from others, because if murderer came to town anyone could call guards on them, but the land was so huge that those towns didnt rly play much of a role, no dungeon, no forest, no cavern was safe :). But no matter the penalties for pking, there were huge battles all the time you came to hunting areas between "Player Killers" and "Bounty Hunters" and them "casual pvm/pve Innocents" (you could put a price on someone who killed you and people would hunt them down and claim the reward etc... epic! some guys had such bounties that you could buy couple houses with that or a small keep lol) ... in battle, timing and imagination was everything (and a good ping ofc)... could fight for hours if you wanted everyday, there were always people ready to fight, you made friends in battle like you would make in real life, never met the guy before but as battles started he went and risked his life and everything he had to help you fight of enemies with odds heavily against you and later you became best friends. Earned your respect or you earned his and started going together exploring the world, later forming a clan etc... there were so many things i could just go on and on. - virtual fantasy world experience no.1 (i dont think there will be a game like that ever made again, so real and unforgiving as the world we live in, sadly that all changed when those grinders got together and complained too much after about 2 years the game was released...)

Homeworld 1,2 (althou really short i just loved everything about that game)

Morrowind (dark elf magician/enchanter with a dagger, a small peasant becoming a "god" really awesome and long with alot of mystery, althou the world wasnt anything like the "no loading ultima world" the game was pure jewel, kinda ate the game away down to the bones with the bones included at least twice)

Privateer & Freelancer (both games simmilar in alot of ways, chained me to the keyboard till the end, freelancer at least 3x so far)

Quake 2 Multiplayer (clan wars, ctf)

Fallout 1,2,3 (love that backstory and world, character creation and gameplay, awesome, althou a bit short for my taste.)

Mount & Blade (when i played the first demo of the game i though, lol newbies making rpgs, when it came out i was blown away LOL, unique battles in real time, awesome game + later when warband came out it was one of the most addictive deathmatch/team deathmatch games i ever played)

Master of Orion (awesome complex space strategy game, have to mention it because it was one of a kind in its time, althou at moments it was just too much stuff to do once u expanded throughout the galaxy)

Rome: Total War (love this kind of gameplay, didnt bother with sequels much, but played this one endless times through and through, one of the best games ever)

GTA (everyone knows this anyway)

Transport Tycoon Deluxe (still go and play it at times, spent few RL weeks or even months playing this game throughout my life, awesome simulation game)

Final Fantasy 7 - One of the best stories gameplay ever, first of FF in 3D althou is kinda short for my taste, epic fun rpg

Final Fantasy 8 - Just like the 7, a bit less epic story, but was longer than 7.

Final Fantasy Series + Chrono Trigger (Snes)

Star Wars - Jedi Academy (love the Star Wars in general and this was first game where i could go online and had lightsaber duels with other people, loved it for a long time)

Star Trek - Elite Force or something like that, an action shooter, i remember i loved that too.

Civilization II, Colonization, Pirates etc...
Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3d etc..
Dungeon Keeper II, Dune
Might and Magic 6+ or 7+ (already forgot which of the sequels)
Heroes of Might and Magic II
Betreyal in Antara (good old rpg althou it didnt get so good ratings i loved the gameplay and everything about it)
Day of the Tentacle :)

+There are tons of others like Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate, Call of Duties, Battlefield(s), Need for Speed(s), Collin McRae Rally(s) and i must have forgot a couple real jewels too but that probably because it only took 10 hours or less to finish it, even thou that 10 hours were epic.

skyarkhangel

Jagged Alliance series.
Xcom series.
Baldur's gate 2
Fallout 2, Fallout 2: BoS.
Elderscrolls: Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (3.5)
Crusader Kings II (one of russian translation team)
Mount & Blade series
Sid Meier's Civilization III, IV, V
Total War series (Rome, Medieval, Rome 2, Atilla, Shogun 2
Football Manager series
FTL
Project Zomboid
DEFCON
Banished
Europa Universalis III, IV
Assassin's Creed series
Wasteland 2
Neverrwinter Nights 2 and other D&D like games.

MMO:
Lineage 2 (hehe, i am a one who conquer Aden as ClanLeader on official server)
World of Warcraft (eternal guildmaster)

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Sens

Quote from: skyarkhangel on January 27, 2016, 12:32:20 PM

MMO:
Lineage 2 (hehe, i am a one who conquer Aden as ClanLeader on official server)

That is impressive, i tried Lineage II for a bit after i finished UO and know the game well, played on a large private x10 and was in couple of larger castle sieges and those epic raids. Feels like being in braveheart movie when the epic battles start, awesome game, nice achievement man :) (too much grinding thou, even on 10x)

Vas

Starcraft 2
I own all three expansions, I link the starter edition in case anyone wants to try it out free, in which case you can also play more if you join me in game sometime.

Metal Drift
A team sport game where you are all in tanks that shoot things at other tanks while trying to take the ball and stick it in the enemy goal like soccer.  The community is dead now, so you can only play against AI unless you can set up a server.  I used to mod this game even, which requires the password to the game core zip file which is 20 random numbers.  I rebalanced some things and with the help of a player named Firestar, we added 2 new maps in.  :P

Majesty Gold
The best game ever made, I wish someone would remake it.  Tynan, get on that now! D:  Remake Majesty Gold the way it should have been!  It is a Windows 95 game kept updated somewhat to the new age.  It works perfectly all the way up till Windows 7, Microsuck deleted some required core content in their new OSes so Windows 8/10 can no longer play it at it's fast speed, the game gets slower the more things you build but it is still playable.  Honestly, the fastest speed on Win7 was like insane super speed.  Basically, it's a kingdom simulator, where you build a kingdom and recruit some people, they do whatever they want while you place reward flags and such to lure them to doing something.  Half the time they see a monster they shit themselves and run away.  I still think it's worth it as a game, I've owned it since it came out on CD.  I still have the CD too.

Creeper World 3
A sort of tower defense game where you build towers to keep a fluid at bay and you try to expand forward to destroy the fluid emitters.  I always recolor the enemy fluid to red and my anti-fluid to blue.  :P

Quote from: vagineer1 on January 27, 2016, 02:07:47 PMDark Cloud 2/Chronicle
The tank in your signature, I think I accidentally squished it with my ship.  :|

Quote from: Sens on January 26, 2016, 09:19:00 PMWall of text no one's going to read.
/\ That >.> /\
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Gaiska

tried darkest dungeon and can recomment it. very hard game and a little bit unfair but the best dungeon crawler i played for a while. especially the atmosphere is brilliant.