[A14] ESM - e's small mods (Custom Population - NEW!)

Started by 1000101, September 13, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havan_IronOak

Just added this mod to a Game I started on Steam.

It seems to work pretty well but I have a couple suggestions...

Tell folks in the write up that a deconstruct order can be used to manually override the locked status. I somehow got a pawn stuck in his room and had someone deconstruct a section of wall to get him out. I then experimented a bit and by drafting and undrafting pawns and creative use of the deconstruct order, I got around the locking problems.

You might also warn folks that this doesn't work if two rooms share a common door.

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 05, 2016, 02:50:42 PM
Just added this mod to a Game I started on Steam.

It seems to work pretty well but I have a couple suggestions...

Tell folks in the write up that a deconstruct order can be used to manually override the locked status. I somehow got a pawn stuck in his room and had someone deconstruct a section of wall to get him out. I then experimented a bit and by drafting and undrafting pawns and creative use of the deconstruct order, I got around the locking problems.

You might also warn folks that this doesn't work if two rooms share a common door.

There are five mods, you'll have to be more specific but I assume you are refering to Do Not Disturb.

As to your comments, I had no idea of these issues so I could hardly warn people.  Also, can you be more clear of the situation?  Pawns choose whether they want privacy based on a number of criteria.  If the room owners have a pressing need for joy or hunger they won't forbid their door.  If everything seems like they should forbid or unforbid it then post a screenshot of the problem area and of the pawns needs so I can see if there is an actual bug or you are just misunderstanding how the system works.

As to shared doors, the pawns in one room may want it forbidden but perhaps their neighbour doesn't.  Better colony design where they don't share a door will go a long way to solving that.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Quote from: Elysium on August 05, 2016, 12:01:03 PMI'm fairly new to this game and it is entirely possible that my understanding of how exp gained is incorrect, so do correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the exp gained per work required the same for all work types that increase exp incrementally? For example, assuming work speed is the same throughout, building a wall that requires 20 work and smoothing a wall that requires 20 work should net the same result if this is the case. The only reason I mention it is because I was watching the exp tick up while smoothing a floor or construction compared to smoothing a wall and it is quite different.  It is also possible I'm having some kind of mod conflict because I really like to use a lot of mods.

The experience gained is set by the job itself, there is no "do x type of work gain y amount of experience."  I'll have a look at the job again and see how I am awarding experience.  I lowered the amount of work involved so maybe I need to up the experience awarded.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

lance789

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: 1000101 on August 05, 2016, 03:20:40 PMBetter colony design where they don't share a door will go a long way to solving that.

True.  I was being cheap and by building the way that I did both bedrooms could use the same door. It saved materials and labor and I never got the disturbed sleep debuffs as if they were sharing a room. It may have been a bit of an exploit.

As to my other problem... I haven't seen it again and can't reproduce it. I was probably just confused. 
One cannot 
Pause the game
Draft a pawn in his locked bedroom
Tell him to take up position on a firing line somewhere.
The game needs to run a bit between the drafting and the ordering into position.
I think that my habit was to pause on the alert for their beginning their assault.

The drafting issue is clearly stated on the main page.  ;)