[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

https://git.io/fxTgn

Opened my mod list for this mess lol

I'm sure they are harmless but may as well ask you about the ones related to your mods
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Fluffy (l2032)

ugh, I was hoping noone would notice :P

I did a batch-update on my manifests, turns out I screwed it up. Three times. Anyway, all my mods are now four versions higher, but at least they should finally work with Mod Manager! :)

(i mislabeled an xml element the first time, the second time I added the correct one but forgot to remove the wrong one, the third time I labelled it correctly only to realize the value was wrong. Fourth time is uploading now :P)

rawrfisher

Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Fluffy (l2032)

and on the magic fifth time, I've actually added the files to version control - in a couple of minutes/hours/days/whenever rawgit updates, version checks will work!

CthulhuTactical

Hi Fluffy, thanks for your awesome mods, is it possible to make vertical tab[meaning a scrollable table from top to the bottom of the screen] in Work Tab mod? I have to either mouse over or angle my head to read the vertical job titles.

And btw i have an error iwth Work Tab when i try to change switch to numeric priorities:

https://pastebin.com/fVmjuc7k

About mod manager. Is there any way to have a link to workshop page of the mod? I dont see it anywhere.

Amnesiac

Quote from: CthulhuTactical on October 03, 2018, 01:08:14 PM
Hi Fluffy, thanks for your awesome mods, is it possible to make vertical tab[meaning a scrollable table from top to the bottom of the screen] in Work Tab mod? I have to either mouse over or angle my head to read the vertical job titles.

There is an option in the mod settings for horizontal text which makes it much easier to read for me as well.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Ctulhu; a 'vertical' mode isn't in the cards, as it's actually three different coordinated areas that would need to be flipped, and that is a bit too much work for little benefit.

As Amnesiac mentioned, you can turn off vertical labels in the options, which may help (but that will truncate many of the labels, which is why it's not the default.)

As for the error, are you sure you're on the latest version? I thought I fixed that one.

You can click the mod author + name for links to the homepage (all mods) and author/mod pages on the workshop (workshop mods).

JustIvory

I must say that the Mod Manager is beautiful! I was using Mod Switch previously and this by far quenches my love of aesthetics. I think that the addition of some sort of category feature, such as color coding or tags would be very useful. Perhaps also a button to disable all mods at once. As for now, I click each of my 230+ mods one by one to disable them and hope that I don't forget to save a mod list with nothing on it.

Great work! :)

Fluffy (l2032)

Glad you like it! Colours are definitely coming, tags I still have to think on. A reset button is probably a good idea too, thanks for bringing that up :)

In the mean time, you can press enter with an active mod focused, and it will deactivate and select the next active mod - just spamming enter a lot will clear the list too, eventually. Not great, but faster than dragging em all.

megidoladyne

This is sort of odd and I don't know if it's a bug/conflict or intentional (or tied to something vanilla?)

In b18 using your Animal Tab mod I could use the tick boxes to exclude some animals from using certain learned abilities. I'll have my handler teach them all the skills they can learn just for handlers sake, but... I'm not going to send guinea pigs out to fight mechanoids, lol. But now I'm in b19 with the updated mod and I can't do this, I have to click their names and do it individually instead of all in the one animal tab w the list.

nvm im dumb lol. By the way just want to say thank you for all your hard work, your mods are excellent and I'm excited for Mod Manager when it's ready. <3

Fluffy (l2032)

Mod Manager is ready already ;) It's been out for a couple of days now!

Epson

Hey Fluffy, first thanks for the great mods. They're essentially core for me at this point. Just wanted to open with that because I feel we only contact you with problems.

I'm running into a problem with the mod manager. On creating a mod list the names & preview images of the mods are lost. The only way to resolve this is to delete the mod list.

I've linked images below to explain it a bit better. (too big to attach)
Thanks.

https://i.postimg.cc/WzNGh7Qr/Everything-working.png #normal
https://i.postimg.cc/mgv7Q4vT/lose-names-previews-on-mod-lists.png #after making mod list
https://i.postimg.cc/hjrxWdfG/names-stay-lost-if-they-are-in-a-mod-list.png #making a second mod list
https://i.postimg.cc/4yxcJx9Q/deleting-list-returns-names.png #deleting all mod lists

viperwasp

Thank you Fluffy some of these mods have made it into the "I almost can't play Rimworld without these categories."
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Fluffy (l2032)

@Epson; there was a bug in an earlier version of Mod Manager that made lists default to black instead of white, update, then either re-create the list, or change its colour.
@Viperwasp; thanks!

Fluffy (l2032)

new BETA mod; Spatial Priorities;
https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/SpatialPriorities

=============================

Some spaces are more important than others

# Features
Adds a designator in the "Zone" menu that allows you to apply priorities to areas. Pawns follow the priorities you set in the Work tab, but will choose to do jobs in high priority areas (e.g. your medicine crops) before jobs in low priority areas (e.g. the hay fields).

In the core game, the priority of jobs is decided by (in order);
  1) Priority of the work type,
  2) Left-right order of the work type,
  3) Left-right order of the task (WorkGivers, normally invisible),
  4) Distance to the target.

This mod changes that to; 
  1) Priority of the work type (Work Tab support for workgiver level priorities is planned)
  2) Left-right order of the work type,
  3) Priority of the target area,
  4) Left-right order of the task,
  5) Distance to the target.

In other words, we evaluate all workgivers in the same worktype, with the same priority, at the same time. Within this 'batch' of potential jobs, we try to find the highest priority job.

# Notes
Adds a MapComponent;
- Can be safely added to existing games.
- Can be safely removed from existing games (although you will get an error when you load the game, the error goes away after saving without this mod active).

# Performance
Performance will vary, depending on how much you use priorities, and how often work is done in high priority areas. I'd love to hear feedback on how it runs in your game.

# Compatibility
This mod completely replaces `JobGiver_Work`, by replacing it in all `ThinkTreeDefs`. Any mods that rely on patching this class will be incompatible, but at the moment, I'm not aware of any mods that do this (I haven't looked very hard though).