Loaded mods:
Core
HugsLib
Arcitect Sense
<bunch of other mods>
Stuffed Floors
<bunch of other mods>

Result: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934922241

Not sure how to get full mod list so i can post it here where it isen't just a bunch of numbers copied from the XML which i know isen't that very helpful...
about 77 mods active at the current moment.

Any incompatiblity that is known off?

thesoupiest

Where can I read what each of these mods actually does in detail?

Meridias

I'm getting the same issue with downloading the files and the "is not a valid archive" error. Only tried with breakdown though.

edit: was getting the error with winzip. winrar seems to work.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Meridias, Canute, Grumpy; this appears to be a bug in the archiver I use in my build script, doesn't look like a solution is forthcoming; https://github.com/archiverjs/node-archiver/issues/196. Considering each of you did get it to work, looking into alternatives isn't an immediate priority.

@thesoupiest; The Steam Workshop and GitHub links all have a full description (or at least a longer description) on their respective front pages. I tried keeping descriptions up to date on the forums, but it turned into too much of a hassle. I have a build script that automates updates on steam and github, including the description, but that won't work for the forum.

@c0pper; odd. I'll need an output_log to give any meaningful help, looks like something caused architect sense to choke. Stuffed Floors appears to be mostly fine, considering it did create all the floors. Are you sure you're on the latest versions of both mods?

@Drakulux; thanks for the report. Considering this appears to be a three-mod interaction, it's not very high on my list of things to solve, but I'll try and fix it when I get some time. (if I can, entirely possible one or both of the other mods need to make changes).

sadpickle

Just wanted to say Stack Merger is the bomb and I can't believe it hasn't been integrated into vanilla Rimworld this alpha. It is indispensable.

Pichu0102

Sometime maybe in the future like perhaps A18, could you add a feature for Manager to not change animal areas you have manually set while there are hostiles on the field? Or maybe a different set of areas when there are hostiles on the field?

Fluffy (l2032)

@Pichu, hmm, that is something I hadn't thought of yet, but I can see how the current setup could cause issues with overriding player-set restrictions. I'll see what I can do!

+++++++++ WORK TAB +++++++++
I've got a first working version ready - it's barebones, but it does have detailed work priorities, and loads of under-the-hood improvements over the A16 and earlier versions.

Note that the detailed priorities can now be expanded/collapsed on a per-worktype basis by Ctrl-clicking the column header. Normal clicks sort, shift-clicks and shift-scroll changes priorities. Scrolling also works on the checkboxes.

I'll likely leave favourites out for now, and stick with the more vanilla copy/paste buttons (which don't take detailed priorities into account yet, will get to that soon).

Timed priorities are definitely coming back, but I haven't implemented them yet (the internals are ready and designed for them though).

So, if you really can't wait for detailed priorities, and/or want to help me out with bugs and suggestions, get it here:
https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/WorkTab/releases

Note that I have had very little time for playtesting, so there may be some obscure bugs. Upcoming versions may also break save compatibility, which is one of the reasons I haven't put it on steam.

C0pper

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 28, 2017, 07:00:47 PM
-Snipped to decrease post size-
Are you sure you're on the latest versions of both mods?
-snip-
Got the steam versions, so unless you failed to update the steam workshop versions correctly or otherwise, they SHOULD be the latest.

Here is my Output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6fkcf99kmyc103u/CB_RimWorld_output_log.txt?dl=0
Tossed it into my Dropbox to make it take as little space as possible, and renamed the file a little, just in case you ended up DLing it instead of viewing it right away.

It seems Both mods works fine when i look through the output log... but then again, i don't know what the heck i'm looking for in the first place :P

Pichu0102

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 29, 2017, 03:31:36 AM
@Pichu, hmm, that is something I hadn't thought of yet, but I can see how the current setup could cause issues with overriding player-set restrictions. I'll see what I can do!

+++++++++ WORK TAB +++++++++
I've got a first working version ready - it's barebones, but it does have detailed work priorities, and loads of under-the-hood improvements over the A16 and earlier versions.

Note that the detailed priorities can now be expanded/collapsed on a per-worktype basis by Ctrl-clicking the column header. Normal clicks sort, shift-clicks and shift-scroll changes priorities. Scrolling also works on the checkboxes.

I'll likely leave favourites out for now, and stick with the more vanilla copy/paste buttons (which don't take detailed priorities into account yet, will get to that soon).

Timed priorities are definitely coming back, but I haven't implemented them yet (the internals are ready and designed for them though).

So, if you really can't wait for detailed priorities, and/or want to help me out with bugs and suggestions, get it here:

Note that I have had very little time for playtesting, so there may be some obscure bugs. Upcoming versions may also break save compatibility, which is one of the reasons I haven't put it on steam.
Yeah, don't worry too much about it, my suggestion can wait easily. It just requires turning off the assigned areas for each animal in manager and telling all animals to go inside in the animals tab, then reactivating assigned areas in the manager once the threat has passed. It's not that bad.

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to add Ambrosia to the foraging tab?

Fluffy (l2032)

I just realized that the archives I upload to github were incorrectly given a .rar extension, when they are actually .zip files. I've fixed the error, so future archives should be fine, but this would explain the 'corrupted archive' message you guys have been getting. Simply renaming the files to have a .zip extension should work just fine.

Antaios

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 29, 2017, 03:31:36 AM

Played with it for a little bit so far, and the only thing I've noticed yet is that mod-added detail work types get added to the end of their category, instead of being placed sorted left/right high/low priority level.

e.g. your "fluffy breakdowns" mod adds maintaining components to the detailed work types, but even though pawns work on that before other construction jobs of the same priority, its at the end of the construction work type list when it's expanded.

mod order didn't seem to make any difference, if that's relevant.

Hope this helps  :)

DariusWolfe

Also tried it, very briefly, last night. I kinda like the collapsing menus, but also kinda soon. It could just be a minor case of change aversion, but it seems really cramped. Is rotating the text 90° an option? It might make it easier to see everything. Otherwise, I like that it adds work classes from other mods seamlessly.

Also, one problem I had with the old version that I never remembered to ask about, and I didn't have time to see if it's still present: When you'd switch from the advanced menu back to the simple menu, your work assignments for sub-classes of work would "revert" to vanilla behaviors, until you switched the menu back to advanced mode.

So, for instance if you had all pawns set to carry materials to frames/blueprints, but only some pawns allowed to construct, you would have non-constrictor pawns trying to construct when you had the menu on simple mode. I'm hoping this isn't the case when the sub-classes are collapsed in this version.

Otherwise, it's looking great, and I'm glad to have my favorite micro-managing mod back.

Fluffy (l2032)

I've just added the mood & current job columns to the Work Tab pre-release, and fixed a small bug with workgiver ordering (thanks antaios!). You can get the latest pre-release version here;

@DariusWolfe; Yeah, I'm also not particularly happy with the way the labels are displayed. There's two problems with rotating them; first and foremost, it's actually quite hard to do so in a way that works with UI scaling. Each of those is actually a quite complex operation (quads, i.e. 4x4 transformation matrices, are involved). The combination of the two proved to be a problem I couldn't solve in the earlier versions. That said, the new way of doing these tabs (e.g. per column) may actually simplify things, so I may have another go at that. The second problem is that it doesn't really work in conjunction with the horizontal 'normal' labels, so I'd have to place them all vertically. Given the fact that I had some complaints about vertical labels being illegible, I don't really want to make that the default view. That in turn means there'd have to be either a setting or an automatic toggle where it switches to vertical labels based on available space, either way means double the work to create two versions.

Another option, and one that I would find quite attractive (in theory) is to replace the labels with icons. Again, that has drawbacks. It's hard to find/create icons that clearly identify what the specific workgiver does, especially given that some are quite similar (take all the hauling ones, for example). Second, icons for workgivers are not standard, so you'd have issues with mod-added workgivers. I'd either have to manually keep track of all other mods adding workgivers and give them icons (not an option), or expect other modders to support my mod by supplying said icons (might work for some, but not all).

So yeah, if anyone has any good ideas, I'll listen! Keep in mind that I am quite fond of the expand/collapse mechanic, so you'll have to come up with some great arguments if your suggestions involve removing those.

Fluffy (l2032)

Oh also, yeah, it always uses the detailed priorities, no matter what's expanded or not. The only caveat is that when you alter any of the worktype priorities, it will set all of the workgiver priorities to the same level - that of the current highest priority workgiver +/-1, depending on what direction you're changing it.

Note that this was also the behaviour in the latter releases of the A16 version (not sure where exactly it was changed, but I'm 99% sure it was. At least I tried to make it that. There were a lot of stupid bugs and weird edge cases in the A16 version.)

Antaios

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 30, 2017, 06:44:26 PM
I've just added the mood & current job columns to the Work Tab pre-release, and fixed a small bug with workgiver ordering (thanks antaios!). You can get the latest pre-release version here;

Fix works well, mostly. Unless you intended it to, it not only sorted the order but reverses it as well. Now reads right to left in the expanded worktype.