[Mod Request] Atheism mod

Started by MAD GOD, September 17, 2015, 09:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDrunk

I kind of want the opposite, a mod that adds a game mode where you have to sacrifice one of your colonists every year to appease the evil star god TY-NAN, with terrible consequences if you don't.

cuproPanda

Quote from: SpaceDrunk on September 19, 2015, 10:09:54 PM
I kind of want the opposite, a mod that adds a game mode where you have to sacrifice one of your colonists every year to appease the evil star god TY-NAN, with terrible consequences if you don't.

Tyn'an demands muffalo blood or the crop blights continue!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

MAD GOD

Quote from: ItchyFlea on September 19, 2015, 12:57:28 AM
Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 08:45:19 PM
but, tell me please, can it be done by making mod, not by editing core files?
Unfortunately you cannot simply remove things from the core mod by creating a new mod that doesn't have that thing in it. Unless you replace or edit the Core mod, you have to override the item you wish to remove.

I've whipped up a mod (attached to this post) that should effectively remove the praying activity. All it does is set the chance of colonists deciding to do the praying activity to 0.

thank u very much
for explanation, and for mod 2
now i understand, how to change activities, and can do something better
i think about some fighting activities to train a melee skill

btw
strange, but if u have horseshoes for playing - they dont pray even in vanilla
horseshoes most popular activity for my colonists

dareddevil7

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 19, 2015, 11:49:23 PM

Tyn'an needs the blood of a highborn virgin and the head of a person who's asking when the steam release will be

Toggle

When they're praying, they're praying to you that eventually when they get a critical injury or a bullet to the brain causing them to be brain dead, you'll keep them safe in their own small house for the rest of their days.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

A Friend

Quote from: dareddevil7 on September 20, 2015, 05:52:38 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on September 19, 2015, 11:49:23 PM

Tyn'an needs the blood of a highborn virgin and the head of a person who's asking when the steam release will be

In an ocean of false promises and early access scams... A figure from the dimly lit sky descended.
The gloomy world were immediately engulfed with light.

It was the Great Tyn'an. In his palms were a kickstarter link leading to a shiny realm.
He called it "Rimworld A1"

Skeptical and cautious, we walked through the link. Unsure of what it holds.

Then...

All hope that we had lost in the past came rushing back at us.
We found paradise.

Our lord and saviour blessed us weekly with bugfixes, and monthly updates and replied to us equally in the community praying site.

This perfect world went on and on for 12 more A's... until...

"Hai guys, I'm gonna be taking a 6 month break. Getting pretty burned out here. Won't be much updates until then."

Our lord and saviour has chosen to abandon us. Hope for content and bugfixes evaporated.

The community was in turmoil. Some calmed themselves with hope of his return.
"cmon guys its only 6months."

While others plunged deep into the realm of hopelessness.
"6 Months? what the fuck, you gotta be kidding me. I'm not playing this buggy mess."

In a land of disarray, a group of strange people came.
With codes on their head and strange markings of on their arms.

With perfect synchronization, they extended they arms and offered they hands.
The strange markings became readable.
The arms of the man in the middle read "EdB's Interface UI - Download 3.1.1 for Alpha 12d (Dropbox)"

Each figure's arms were engraved with unique markings.
"Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots - MAI+Robots V1.12.4 - (standalone)"
"Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 1.51 - Download Version 1.51 (Mediafire):
Click Here!"

One by one, they hands reached for ours and behind them came more coded figures.
An endless row in the left, and countless line in the right.
In the time of no updates they offered us hope, content, and features...

But Tyn'an was watching...
A single finger movement was all it took to hide the release forum away into the 404 Errorealm
And with that, the main line of mods end. Their creators banned, or in hiding.

But their legacy will not be forgotten. So remember:
"Modders were banned for our content."

(lol, I have no idea why I just wrote that.)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Too-DAMN-Much

not to interrupt the creating lore/head-canon here but an AI director that makes random production demands of your colony (purely opt in for obvious reasons) sounds fun in a few ways possibly.

johiah

Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 10:58:26 AM
ok, i just do it by myself
try it, if u want, and tell me, how it works

it must remove the "praying" & "visiting grave" activities
Ok, so if you are an atheist, you cant use the calendar, you cant celebrate christmas easter or thanksgiving (which was caused by search for religious freedom) you cant use ad or bc, you cant eat waffles (which were originally christian hosts)
"My best warden has no jaw"

MAD GOD

Quote from: johiah on September 22, 2015, 07:39:38 AM
Ok, so if you are an atheist, you cant use the calendar, you cant celebrate christmas easter or thanksgiving (which was caused by search for religious freedom) you cant use ad or bc, you cant eat waffles (which were originally christian hosts)
facepalm.jpg
dont make me laugh
dont even start
do not even start

Adamiks

Quote from: johiah on September 22, 2015, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: MAD GOD on September 17, 2015, 10:58:26 AM
ok, i just do it by myself
try it, if u want, and tell me, how it works

it must remove the "praying" & "visiting grave" activities

Christmas is in part pagan "festival" (can't find any better word...).

Also...

"if you don't believe in god you can't use anything what people believing in god created"

No, it's not working like that. For example i can don't believe in God but be still happy every christmas that Jesus (as a normal man) was born. Nothing wrong with that.

cuproPanda

*cough* MAD GOD, you've done it now! You had to go and open the religion can-of-worms! What's next, asking about a communist/republican/anarchist faction?  :P
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

TheGentlmen

Ok, mad god... let me question your logic a little:

So you are an Athiest, that means that you don't believe in god. Now your also named 'MAD GOD' which meens your a god. If god does not esist like you state then why do you say that your name is god? Better yet, How can you be a god who is mad if gods do not exist? Do you not believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself why shall we belive in you?

Edit: If god does not exist then does that men you don't exist?

MAD GOD

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 22, 2015, 10:11:40 AM
*cough* MAD_GOD, you've done it now! You had to go and open the religion can-of-worms! What's next, asking about a communist/republican/anarchist faction?  :P

factions its good
i hope it will be done in future
but now i think about two things:
adding something to train melee skill, like punching bags, wooden dummies
now i know a little more about how to modify rimworld, and maybe i can do it by myself

and
second important thing, after atheism
why i can prepare a lavish meal only with meat?
i realy need a vegetarian lavish meal

MAD GOD

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on September 22, 2015, 10:30:57 AM
Ok, mad god... let me question your logic a little:

So you are an Athiest, that means that you don't believe in god. Now your also named 'MAD GOD' which meens your a god. If god does not esist like you state then why do you say that your name is god? Better yet, How can you be a god who is mad if gods do not exist? Do you not believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself why shall we belive in you?

i think this paradoxes much more funniest, then religious paradoxes
and THIS paradoxes is completely harmless

but this is offtop
please, do not start flame about religion
this is about modding
i just dont like what colonists must pray
they can pray, if player want this
if i can restrict anything, but can not restrict praying - its not right
they can eat dead bodies, but dont must eat dead bodies
i'm already have a colony with psychopathic cannibals & slavers
now i want to create a peacefully religious-free colony of vegetarian fighting zen monks

johiah

OK so I know that this thing started a religious discussion, just gonna say this. I can't prove he exists, you can't prove he doesn't exist. PLus, he exists no matter how you feel about him, what does the earth being flat have to do with God? If he doesn't exist, and the world came into being from the big bang, then where did all that matter come from. It didn't just appear, and matter can't stay in one form for forever. that's not how physics work. it had to be created by something with the power to do that. If matter did exists forever, then we would have been created sooner, thus the HUGE hole in the big bang theory. Also this. Miracles are real, with real scientists doing tests on hosts that became the flesh and blood, so drop it atheists. I have proof things defying the laws of physics exist, and you have no proof that they dont exist. Also, God doesn't work by going to someone and saying "I am real" He does that by using exisiting christians to convert nonbeleivers.
"My best warden has no jaw"