Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paragonid

simon-82

Quote from: Zepher79 on November 15, 2015, 09:09:11 AM
31,626.83!
All the silver! o.O

Quote from: onearchitype on November 11, 2015, 04:25:10 PM
Really love your Mod...I like the slow build of tech the research tree decisions. Suggestion: would you consider adding Powerless to the pack? I really like being able to take my time when it comes to power and the torch items in Powerless are fantastic. I also like the tables and stumps which can be used in bedrooms without having to remember to turn off gathering.
Glad you enjoy it. Nice suggestion. I'll take a look at it! :)

Quote from: losinator501 on November 14, 2015, 09:56:01 PM
Gonna give this a try on YouTube once my current playthrough dies out... looks good but obviously haven't played it yet :P
Nice, I will tune it for sure! Yes, I will turn the dial on my Internet to be on the right frequency to receive your broadcast.

New version released 1.14 (find it here):
- bugfixes and tweaks
- added NoRaid Storyteller
- added Sleep (one use syringe for quickly injecting anesthetic)

EDIT: Sorry guys, missed some bugs related to corpses (ew, I know), hotfix is ready v.1.14a
- fixes fish corpes issues for biomatter + butchering table.
- Disallow robots for biomatter

NemesisN

the mod has a lot but not much going on in security...just basic stuff...I was hoping for some new turrets
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

simon-82

Quote from: NemesisN on November 16, 2015, 11:35:44 AM
the mod has a lot but not much going on in security...just basic stuff...I was hoping for some new turrets
There are some new turrets in the pack, research turrets I and II gives you those.
I want to add more, I have to be careful with balancing them in context of CR though

dismar

you got Embrasures? omg you need these! :P

simon-82

Quote from: dismar on November 16, 2015, 03:49:42 PM
you got Embrasures? omg you need these! :P
Unlocked at the veeeery end of the tech tree :)
For those that don't know when to leave this filthy rock :P

Samuriano

investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate investigate thats all in this mod

Tapkovich

Hi love your mode very much and got some questions and suggestions.
Q-Part.
I mentioned that raids grow to some degree and then stop. I got pretty big and rich base but raiders stop to grow in numbers witch is pretty strange. Cuz now i got 0 challenge when raid come in. Do you tweak some numbers or its just bug ? Playing on Cassandra 100%.

S-part
Dont you think, that not allowing terraforming pump to work under roof to harsh for mountain bases? I know that its pretty imbalanced stuff but in mountains you got near 0 abilities to grow corps. Animals wont count as food source and you end with canibalism. Pump already cost alot in energy and materials so mb you should think about it ? Cuz even hydroponics is difficult cuz you need not wood but food for mulch and well its pretty much impossible for early-midgame in cold regions.

You need to tweak minigun turret its toooo powerful for now on. 24 dmg from 1 bullet with over 9000 bullets in burst. I understand that you kinda make it bad for killboxes and recruting prisioners, but you dont rly need killboxes or more colonist with that much firepower.

I think it will be good to buff fertilized soil  cuz this 2% make 0 difference even in big nummbers. You got pretty much 0 reasons to upgrade soil if you dont want fancy stuff like oranges. I suggest to add new req for fine and lavish meal. If you make better meal ask better corps that will give motivation for players.

Biomatter work amount is too big. Its nearly 8 ours of game time. That leads to mood problems for collonists, cuz they start task and couldnt end - lose mood- go crazy etc. Mb 10-15% tweak will be enough  to not micromagane this.

P.s Sorry for my english
P.s.s Awesome idea with plasmagenerations.

simon-82

Quote from: Tapkovich on November 17, 2015, 07:58:54 AM
Hi love your mode very much and got some questions and suggestions.
Q-Part.
I mentioned that raids grow to some degree and then stop. I got pretty big and rich base but raiders stop to grow in numbers witch is pretty strange. Cuz now i got 0 challenge when raid come in. Do you tweak some numbers or its just bug ? Playing on Cassandra 100%.

S-part
Dont you think, that not allowing terraforming pump to work under roof to harsh for mountain bases? I know that its pretty imbalanced stuff but in mountains you got near 0 abilities to grow corps. Animals wont count as food source and you end with canibalism. Pump already cost alot in energy and materials so mb you should think about it ? Cuz even hydroponics is difficult cuz you need not wood but food for mulch and well its pretty much impossible for early-midgame in cold regions.

You need to tweak minigun turret its toooo powerful for now on. 24 dmg from 1 bullet with over 9000 bullets in burst. I understand that you kinda make it bad for killboxes and recruting prisioners, but you dont rly need killboxes or more colonist with that much firepower.

I think it will be good to buff fertilized soil  cuz this 2% make 0 difference even in big nummbers. You got pretty much 0 reasons to upgrade soil if you dont want fancy stuff like oranges. I suggest to add new req for fine and lavish meal. If you make better meal ask better corps that will give motivation for players.

Biomatter work amount is too big. Its nearly 8 ours of game time. That leads to mood problems for collonists, cuz they start task and couldnt end - lose mood- go crazy etc. Mb 10-15% tweak will be enough  to not micromagane this.

P.s Sorry for my english
P.s.s Awesome idea with plasmagenerations.
Thanks for the feedback :)

Raids: Don't know really. I didn't change Cassandra at all. Raids should be as always.

Terraforming pump: Making this thing work under a roof would be too OP. Maybe buy cheap food from a trader and make mulch?

Minigun turret: Ok. I hear you. I can make it less powerful. What do you think? Less dmg? Less bullets per burst? Or both?

Soil: The difference in soil fertility is intentional. The plants are what are better. And they need better soil to grow.
For example (1 plant):
Starting plant potato: 8 food in 6.2 days (only needs cultivated soil)
Best plant (compared to potato) is carrots: 14 food in 4.7 days + no debuff when eaten raw (needs enriched soil)
Hope that helps :)

Biomatter: Ok. I will lower the amount of work. 

NemesisN

I don't know if its a Combat Realism mod or something that nerfs mechanoids makes this but those Centipede Mechanoids destroy everything with their machine gun

they have a range reach of half of the map and they shoot constantly with ridiculous amount of bullets per second without stoping at all flying and destroying/killing everything.....my snipers can't reach them without getting rapid fire shoot at them

I don't know what makes them this way but this needs a patch seriously its impossible to defend against  something that fires 1000 bullets across the entire map constantly
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

TLHeart

Quote from: NemesisN on November 17, 2015, 01:26:58 PM
I don't know if its a Combat Realism mod that makes this but those Centipede Mechanoids destroy everything with their machine gun

they have a range reach of half of the map and they shoot constantly with ridiculous amount of bullets per second flying and destroying/killing everything.....my snipers can't reach them without getting rapid fire shoot at them

I don't know what makes them this way but this needs a patch seriously its impossible to defend against  something that fires 1000 bullets across the entire map constantly

Yes combat realism makes that change to the centipedes... It takes a different tactic now to kill mechs, as they are damage resistant to bullets, due to their armor. But they do take damage from frag weapons.

A tank laying down cover fire should decimate infantry, that is what they do.

Sinza

Hey simon,

i really like you modpack so far!

Some things that seemed to not be intended:
The central heater and cooler system seems to be unbalanced:
I've got a central temperature Room to provide my whole base with a constant temp. Since now I've placed a lot of duct intakes in that room but the temp. in the Rooms where the smart duct outlets are doesn't ever seem to reach the set temp.
Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/IxGb5DC
http://imgur.com/gq1jAIn

Also the electric oven seems to broken. None of my given tasks are getting done.

The windows are only letting artifical light through. So they are lighting the outside at night but during the day they dont have any purpouse....

A few things which i would be really happy about are:
Invisible power conduits.
Power switches with a movement detection and a timer.

A thought about the growing system:
The possibility to grow trees only on cultivated soil doesnt seem reasonable because they are growing on uncultivated soil by themself.
If this is someting which isn't possible to change it wont be terrible.

Greetings and good luck for your project!
Sinza

TLHeart

I have to agree that a 2% increase for fertilizing soil does not work. I as the player should get to choose what plants get the grow/output boost, not be locked in by arbitrary program decisions. If I want a fast growing potato farm, and slow growing low yield carrots, that should be my choice. Having plants the require better soil to even be planted is fine, and realistic. But getting a minuscule increase from improving the soil of other plants is not.

The curve needs to follow the base game, cultivated soil base grow time. Fertilized soil should increase the growth rate by at least 10%, watered soil another 10% and enriched soil another 20%. The base game rich soil is 140% of normal soil.

Right now there is no incentive to ever improve the soil, if you don't want to grow the additional plants.

TLHeart

Quote from: Sinza on November 17, 2015, 01:48:10 PM
Hey simon,

I've got a central temperature Room to provide my whole base with a constant temp. Since now I've placed a lot of duct intakes in that room but the temp. in the Rooms where the smart duct outlets are doesn't ever seem to reach the set temp.
Screenshots:

Also the electric oven seems to broken. None of my given tasks are getting done.

The windows are only letting artifical light through. So they are lighting the outside at night but during the day they dont have any purpouse....

The possibility to grow trees only on cultivated soil doesnt seem reasonable because they are growing on uncultivated soil by themself.

Sinza

Electric oven is missing the workgiver, so nothing will be done, until that is added.

As far as the central heating, since your network temp is only 17, the rooms will never reach 21. That is from the LT redistheat mod, and that is how it works. Need to increase the net temperature.

simon-82

Quote from: Sinza on November 17, 2015, 01:48:10 PM
Hey simon,

Screenshots:

Sinza

Temperature: You have to find a way to bring the net temperature up. I could increase it by having a higher temperature in the heater room. Duct network is from the RedistHeat mod. Try and ask in that mod thread if you can't get it to work :)

I will fix the oven right now. Sorry, that was a derp by me.

Yes the windows are mostly cosmetic. Ourside light won't come through. The only way to get sun into a room is by unroofing it I am afraid.

Thanks for the other suggestions.
As for the trees, I think that wouldn't be possible. I would need to make all soil growable again.