[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrkorb

I don't suppose you can program this mod to prevent auto-equipping the ballistic shields when the colonist is already equipped with an incompatible weapon?  The current workaround I have for this at the moment is to create a second outfit for those equipped with small arms that allows the shields, while unticking the shield option on the existing default 'Soldier' outfit for those carrying the larger weapons.  It just seems like an unnecessary bit of micromanagement on the part of the player, but I don't know if that can be addressed through programming or not.

eatKenny

Quote from: mrkorb on February 07, 2016, 05:47:05 AM
I don't suppose you can program this mod to prevent auto-equipping the ballistic shields when the colonist is already equipped with an incompatible weapon?  The current workaround I have for this at the moment is to create a second outfit for those equipped with small arms that allows the shields, while unticking the shield option on the existing default 'Soldier' outfit for those carrying the larger weapons.  It just seems like an unnecessary bit of micromanagement on the part of the player, but I don't know if that can be addressed through programming or not.

i always setup the outfits manualy when starting a new game, and the ballistic shield only belongs to one category:

JDcollie

Howdy!

Is there a reason all of the accuracy stats are the same for pretty much all of the weapons in the combat realism patch?

(I'm pretty new to modded Rimworld, so I genuinely don't know if that is normal or not)

eatKenny

Quote from: JDcollie on February 07, 2016, 04:25:18 PM
Howdy!

Is there a reason all of the accuracy stats are the same for pretty much all of the weapons in the combat realism patch?

(I'm pretty new to modded Rimworld, so I genuinely don't know if that is normal or not)

if i'm not wrong combat realism using a whole other aiming/shooting system so the accuracy stats means nothing here. you may have to ask the combat realism author for an better answer.

EDIT:

those are from the combat realism author:

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 03, 2015, 01:43:10 PM

- shotVariation is how much a shot will randomly deviate in degrees (think Minute of Angle/miliradians of a gun).
- shooterVariation is this effect, with larger values giving wider patterns.
- recoilOffsetX and Y are the range in which recoil will randomly offset the gun horizontally and vertically. For example (0.0,1.0)(0.0,2.0) will cause recoil to go up and slightly to the right, (0.0,0.0)(-2.0,2.0) would only go up and down. The values are in degrees and will be multiplied by shot count within a burst.

AccuracyLong/Medium/Short now affect a gun's range estimation/leading/shotVariation respectively, with 0.5 being no bonuses or penalties, higher values giving bonuses and lower penalties. I'm currently using 0.85/0.85/0.5 for scoped weapons and 0.4/0.4/0.5 for ironsighted rifles, lower values for MGs and such. AccuracyShort should always be 0.5, its just there so quality and weapon health scale shotVariation, use the Comp to set the baseline.

AccuracyTouch currently does nothing, forcedMissRadius only does something with Verb_ShootCRMortar. Apart from that, nothing changed XML wise.

i might have to rebalance some of the guns again.

JDcollie

JDcollie

Oh, I was also wondering if there was any chance the MK3A1 Pancor Jackhammer could make an appearance? :D

eatKenny

Quote from: JDcollie on February 10, 2016, 03:50:12 AM
Oh, I was also wondering if there was any chance the MK3A1 Pancor Jackhammer could make an appearance? :D

i'm trying focusing this mod on "mass production" guns, and saiga-12k is already badass enough als an automatic shotgun ::)

sojerboy08

Hey man, I'm not sure which files to install, you gave us three of them. Do I install the high-caliber mod, then the combat realism patch, then the rebalanced high caliber? I'm kinda confused.

eatKenny

Quote from: sojerboy08 on February 13, 2016, 08:22:42 PM
Hey man, I'm not sure which files to install, you gave us three of them. Do I install the high-caliber mod, then the combat realism patch, then the rebalanced high caliber? I'm kinda confused.
"combat realism patch" and "combat realism rebalanced" is only for users who are using mod "combat realism" mod.

if you are not using "combat realism" mod just activate "high caliber". if you do, activate "high caliber" and it's "combat realism patch". (load the patch after "high caliber")

in "combat realism rebalanced" i rebalanced all the weapon ranges to more vanilla-like values, if you're only using this gun mod you can actived it too (activate it after "high caliber" and it's "combat realism patch")

eatKenny

updated to v1.11, adds 2 new pistols FN Five-seven and H&K HK45, both can work with ballistic shield.

Dugalle900

Sooooooo, I don't suppose the current version will work with the latest release of Combat Realism. Can we get an ETA on the the next Compatibility Patch update?
Thanks in Advance

Dugalle900
Quote from: Ouan on March 09, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
I see that the rumors that Skullywag modded himself to death were greatly exaggerated.

eatKenny

Quote from: Dugalle900 on March 20, 2016, 11:50:49 PM
Sooooooo, I don't suppose the current version will work with the latest release of Combat Realism. Can we get an ETA on the the next Compatibility Patch update?
Thanks in Advance

Dugalle900

i will update the CR patch ASAP, you should see it before the weekend.

Icewolf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Me: "This colonist is going to be named George and he shall be my favorite."
>*George gets killed by a maddened warg 30 seconds after crash landing*
>Me:"Hey colonists, Randy Random told me to tell you to eat George."

eatKenny

combat realism patch updated to work with combat realism v1.50 ;)