[A14] Colony Manager

Started by Fluffy (l2032), November 18, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Production Jobs

• Assign 'global' bills, that will be assigned to workstations by your manager(s).
  • Set start/stop conditions with the aid of a trigger.
  • Select which workstations bills should be assigned to by area and/or count, or select specific workstations.
  • Quickly add jobs for ingredients in complex production chains
Hunting jobs

Set a target for meat, and never worry about designating hunting manually again!

Forestry jobs

Set a target for wood, and never worry about designating lumber manually again!

Livestock jobs
(I had a fancy gif prepared, but I seem to have lost it. Really.)

Set a target for animals (for four separate age/sex combinations), and pawns will auto-butcher and/or tame to manage your herd.
Restrict animals to specific areas (for example to separate male/female animals and prevent breeding).
Auto-butcher, tame and train according to your specifications.

Overview

• Clear overview of all jobs
  • Show stock levels for the last day, month and year
  • Show pawns capable of a job, and set work status
  • Prioritize jobs, the manager will handle prioritizing jobs on worktables

Import & Export

Import & export jobs between colonies, or share them with others!
Will likely throw at least a few errors when different mods are loaded - always back up your save before importing jobs from another world

How does it work?

• You can manually set bills in the new Manager tab on the bottom of the screen. Once set, a colonist with the manager skill and worktype enabled will go to a manager station to figure out the best way to hand out jobs to individual workstations
  • Periodically, the manager will check if the assigned bills are still up-to-date, and make changes or delete bills where required
  • The manager will not touch bills that are set manually
  • In theory there is no real limit to the number of global bills that can be set.

• Requires a new save. Adds a worktype, which in my tests gave errors on old savegames.
  • Should work perfectly fine with other mods that add bills, assuming they do nothing too fancy/weird. (I've tested, and the screengrabs were taken, with the Mod Variety Pack which adds a good number of recipes.)

• Skills display on the colonist info pane gets cut off when using EdB Interface. This is an issue with EdB interface.

Latest release | all releases | GitHub repository

• Power/Electricity tab

• At a glance overview of current/past power consumption and battery efficiency.[\li]

• Order pawns to shut down services when power is dangerously low
    • More interactions and jobs for manager work type.

• Inspirational speeches
      • Stern talking to for a job poorly done
      • More ideas? (the goal is to add more social options, where appropriate with good/bad thought modifiers, or work speed modifiers if I can make that work.
    • Open to suggestions!

0.14.0.0 - Initial release for A14
0.13.0.1 - Initial release for A13
A12.3.6 - added foraging tab, clear area option, and fixed a few bugs - should be save compatible.
A12.3.5 - small tweaks to training and forestry jobs.
A12.3.1 - Power tab, AI manager, new History scribe format. Version bump, NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE.
A12d.2a - Livestock tab, multi-resource graphs, fixed greater than triggers, allow switching recipes on production jobs, and many small tweaks.
A12d.2 - Massive overhaul!
A12d.1a - resource count fixed, added max skill toggle for minWorkSkill option of bill
A12d.1 - initial release

The license for all my mods can be found here.

Fluffy (l2032)

I managed to loose the updated translation files, so the release was done with missing translations for the new recursive ingredient job creator thingie. That's now hopefully fixed, as well as a couple of missing textures and a typo.

dismar

darkitten

(solved: needed manager table)

also a minor bug is the error thrown perhaps as intended 'feature not implemented' on clicking import/export button twice.. first time works but in the load save screen clicking it again throws error.. doesn't bother me tho =P

Fluffy (l2032)

You need to build a manager station, and have a pawn with the manager job active :)

darkitten

::)  ;D your just the best fluffy this mod is too good... wayyyy too goood!
from now on i swear ill read mod descriptions properly at-least 30% more often

maybe another bug: when hunting.. but i have 80 mods so might be nothing.. also how do i hide picture in spoiler tag?

// removed the huge error pic

Fluffy (l2032)

Glad to hear you like it! And good on you for reading info more often :P

As for that error, I don't think that's me. Besides adding one small job for pawns to do their managing thing at the desk, I don't actually change how all the jobs work. I just add/remove designations and bills in pretty much the same way you would do it yourself (but then from the code).

Dodging Rain

What does having a high level manager skill do?

Fluffy (l2032)

at the moment, makes the actual job of assigning bills go slightly faster. Which is a bit pointless as it goes quite fast anyway.

I plan on adding some social 'workplace' interactions, where the skill would have some effect. Also still debating on wether or not I should occasionally have low skilled managers fuck up (e.g. designate pets, make things out of the wrong stuff, stuff like that. I've so far held off on it, cause it seems like it'd be very annoying (both to do, and to deal with as a player.). On the other hand, it could be awesome? I dunno.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 20, 2015, 04:57:17 PM
at the moment, makes the actual job of assigning bills go slightly faster. Which is a bit pointless as it goes quite fast anyway.

I plan on adding some social 'workplace' interactions, where the skill would have some effect. Also still debating on wether or not I should occasionally have low skilled managers fuck up (e.g. designate pets, make things out of the wrong stuff, stuff like that. I've so far held off on it, cause it seems like it'd be very annoying (both to do, and to deal with as a player.). On the other hand, it could be awesome? I dunno.

I think lower levels should sometimes make to much or to less of something, or mess with your bills and stuff like that.

popster99

does this even slightly work with hardcore sk mudpack?

Fluffy (l2032)

I haven't tested with SK, but it should work just fine for hunting and forestry as long as any added content is properly added to the biomes.

As for production, as long as it uses recipes, bills and can be built on a workstation (stove, smelter, etc. etc.) it should work just fine. I went from vanilla to the MVP modpack without any issues.

The mod only adds a few small things, and doesn't modify anything - there's very little that can go wrong in terms of conclicts. I just check what's there (loads all recipes, workstations, etc), and then use that to do the magic. If it works with the vanilla systems, it should work with the Manager.

Few exceptions are obviously custom buildings, for example MAI's robot assembler and the production line mod - they implement their own custom bill system.

popster99

Fluffy (l2032)

Just did a short test with SK modpack - as expected it works fine.

There's an absurd amount of options in that modpack's crafting tree though, so using the prerequisite ingredient job creator dialog thingy can get a bit overwhelming (but that's more of an issue/feature with the modpack).