[B18-A16] More Furniture

Started by Anonemous2, December 01, 2015, 06:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Quote from: justinpatrick1011 on August 01, 2016, 06:29:33 AM
Would really love an A14 update here, I can't make my bedroom without it!  :D

Just got back home yesterday, I'll start on updating.

Darkmark8910

Quote from: Anonemous2 on August 01, 2016, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: justinpatrick1011 on August 01, 2016, 06:29:33 AM
Would really love an A14 update here, I can't make my bedroom without it!  :D

Just got back home yesterday, I'll start on updating.

I'd like you to know I'm working late tonight, took a break, checked these forums, saw that you'd posted, read your message, then shouted 'YEEEEES!" in the middle of my apartment.

Thank you. Your work's appreciated mate!

Anonemous2

I've updated everything, but I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out; I still get error pop ups, but everything seems to work fine. In the mean time I'll include a 'beta' version here, and if anyone know how to fix the errors please share.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

LostFuzz

Quote from: Anonemous2 on August 02, 2016, 07:09:38 PM
I've updated everything, but I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out; I still get error pop ups, but everything seems to work fine. In the mean time I'll include a 'beta' version here, and if anyone know how to fix the errors please share.

The errors that you get are the "Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef names comps found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier" correct?

I'm not a modder, but I took a look and managed to stop these errors on my game.

in the file "Buildings_MoreFurnitureMisc.xml" for the SimpleResearchBench you have
<statBases>
    <comps>
      <li Class="CompProperties_AffectedByFacilities">
        <linkableFacilities>
          <li>FileCabinet</li>
        </linkableFacilities>
      </li>
    </comps>
      <MaxHitPoints>250</MaxHitPoints>
      <WorkToMake>2800</WorkToMake>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
      <ResearchSpeedFactor>0.6</ResearchSpeedFactor>
    </statBases>

The "comps" tags are inside the "statBases" tags when it should be following the closing "statBases" tags yes?

like this
<statBases>
    </statBases>
    <comps>
        <linkableFacilities>
          <li>FileCabinet</li>
        </linkableFacilities>
      </li>
    </comps>

Just moving that code around stopped the errors on game load and stopped breaking a few other mods i had, while keeping the new furniture items in game. :)

Hope it helps, if I'm wrong sorry for wasting your time.

Anonemous2

Quote from: LostFuzz on August 04, 2016, 12:31:08 PM
Quote from: Anonemous2 on August 02, 2016, 07:09:38 PM

The errors that you get are the "Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef names comps found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier" correct?

I'm not a modder, but I took a look and managed to stop these errors on my game.

in the file "Buildings_MoreFurnitureMisc.xml" for the SimpleResearchBench you have
<statBases>
    <comps>
        <linkableFacilities>
          <li>FileCabinet</li>
        </linkableFacilities>
      </li>
    </comps>
    </statBases>

The "comps" tags are inside the "statBases" tags when it should be following the closing "statBases" tags yes?

like this
<statBases>
    </statBases>
    <comps>
        <linkableFacilities>
          <li>FileCabinet</li>
        </linkableFacilities>
      </li>
    </comps>

Just moving that code around stopped the errors on game load and stopped breaking a few other mods i had, while keeping the new furniture items in game. :)

Hope it helps, if I'm wrong sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks, that was the problem. While I was updating it looks like I had copied the comps into the wrong area.

Serenity

lance789

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

lilymortis

gehennianviceroy

The A14 version works with A15, at least until an A15 version is released.     

Anonemous2

Quote from: lilymortis on August 31, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
Is there going to be an A15 version?

It works in Alpha 15 without needing updates, so the next update will add stuff.

lilymortis

nccvoyager

Not sure if this is an issue with your mod specifically, or a derivative of it, as it does not appear a complete list of mods is in the post, but someone seems to have run into an issue with your mod on Steam.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25805.0

Serenity

I like this stuff, but the beauty of some of them is too low. For example a normal marble stool has a beauty of 7. A normal couch no matter the material has only 2. At first I actually thought that was because I made a leather couch, but they are all the same.
It would actually be nice if some materials were prettier, but that probably has to be changed somewhere else.