Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

DepOpt

My god that's gorgeous. Makes me wish you could zoom into the game more to see it in detail as it eviscerates someone's pet yorkie.
Ignore this notice

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Mr.Cross

Oh for Gawd's sake Friend... If you make the raptor shrimp look like that Skully is gonna have to make it slice a pawn in half  ;D

In more complementary words. Much Sharp. Such ouch. always halve... opps sorry that was Doggo's words.
Cutting useless words
I guess what i'm saying is, that thing looks like it could Terrorize even a centipede... 
Claims to know most things.

A Friend

:)
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: A Friend on April 09, 2016, 10:56:29 PM
That was the original plan. Sadly, making the jellyfish glow in the dark is impossible to do without it looking very awkward and off-putting due to code related things.

RIP What could have been

Little late to come around but...
Are you sure it cannot be done? Not that I complain, I adore those balloons, but I've had a mod
(here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14711.msg153940#msg153940)
that added mining helmets, lighting up an area around pawns.

skullywag

But its using the grid glower right so still looks janky as hell when moving?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LittleGreenStone

Der Failer

Quote from: A Friend on November 11, 2016, 08:45:56 AM

:)
So there a Zerg now as well... we are so dead

I'm loving it. :D

Off topic: How is a Zerg/Starcraft mod not a thing yet? Or did i just miss it?

A Friend

Just passing by...

Raptor Shrimp 1.0

Raptor Shrimp 2.0

A Friend

Fluffe

Quote from: A Friend on November 27, 2016, 02:49:13 AM
Some sketches of possible future stuff.

Ok baby mushroom thing, baby whip cactus, baby rock crab, baby insect thing, baby snow fox, baby insect thing V2, Mutant Thrumbo, Ice Beast Thing, A living? tank, A living? tank on drugs and Mutant Thrumbo on Drugs lol

raonull

Hey, new poster, really like the concept and art of this mod.

I tried it and found the bouldermit to be unusually pixellated (I am running 1920x1080) compared to all other creatures. It shows more at certain zoom levels. Other alpha animals that I found after looking through a few maps, appeared okay. Maybe it has to do with the texturing on the back of the bouldermit, or the dimensions of the png being resized to be put in game.

For that and other things I'd really like it if I could choose which alpha animals to implement. Perhaps a modular version of the mod.

Also I noticed in the download, terramorphworm_front and terramorphworm_back are identical. It's missing a back view sprite.

Thanks for working on this mod, I look forward to seeing more new creatures.

A Friend

I'm no coder, I didn't know textures needed to be square the first time I made these guys. Some of them were in rectangle shapes causing it to look squished and pixelated in-game. But I've fixed that and hopefully, other graphics related issues.

But anyways, that was just a test release to root out problems and garner feedback. The following updates/releases will be more polished. Just gotta wait on Skully to get 'em ready.

Lastly, welcome to our little community!

mew_the_pinkmin

Quote from: A Friend on April 09, 2016, 10:56:29 PM
Quote from: Wild Card on April 09, 2016, 11:04:40 AM
Cute jelly pets that glow in the dark and illuminate their surroundings and give a morale boost and their boddies can be ground up into narcotic substances :D

That was the original plan. Sadly, making the jellyfish glow in the dark is impossible to do without it looking very awkward and off-putting due to code related things.

RIP What could have been

What if you make them drop "Glow balls" that light an area and disappear after a few hours.
Or only have them glow while standing still/eating/mating/sleeping.
NoBadOrganThoughts        BigBatteries        PlantSaver

Illusion Distort