Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehh713

I didn't look to see if it was suggested already, but it would be nice to assign custom prefixes to names. This way i can assign positions such as "Chief Medical Officer", "Bedridden" and so on to specific colonists so that I can more easily tell who is who at first glance. I like the current system where they have their job-oriented naming scheme, but this would take it a step further.

Thanks

bechtoldn

This may have already been recommended or it's in development but prosthetic arms and legs,  larger and faster turrets like the mortars in that they need a person operating them, the ability to sell meals, maybe the ability to set meal times so all colonists will eat at one time that way the cooks have a chance to cook enough meals to keep up. And lastly and this is kind of a major thing but maybe vehicles like motorcycles and jeeps, raiders could bring them when they attack, in order to fight off the vehicles colonists could have RPG's and this would finally give the missiles another use besides trade.

DarkiusxD

planning color mode so you can see the diffrence between walls, wires and other stuff, when you are making plans

grandad1982

Can we see people's passions in the overview screen when we are assigning work profits to them. It should be in the tool tip that already comes up.

QuarkDragon

I have not read all 75 pages, but different color weapons each different color represents a tier of strength.

say for instance a red grip on a bow or gun could be a high power dangerous tier (rare), Yellow a mid range damage,(uncommon) green a little bit better (common) than the average weapon.

foxxxyk

Maybe something that could help crossover modded games to non-modded games as I have lost a couple good saves to that, don't use mods anymore though

Kerbin Dallas Multipass

Came up with these suggestions for cheapies. Apologies if they have been suggested or discussed before :)

- Curfew mode: Colonists don't autonomously route outside the home zone while this mode is on

- Give the edge scrolling some love: Implement diagonal scrolling, fix the problem with open menus preventing edge scrolling pretty please

- Force-prioritize colonist action: Prioritizing actions sometimes takes soo many clicks. I'd love to be able to enforce it; could be a one-time exception or the checkbox for this action gets auto-ticked for the selected colonist.

- Research finished: Please make it show a list of the new things I can build

- Add a display: "n Colonists currently drafted". It's so easy to lose track of who is still drafted, especially when they just rescued someone and are just standing by their bed, awaiting orders.

Wudchuck

A concrete barricade, basically a step up from sand bags, with higher hp.

RemingtonRyder

Trees and wood structures leave ash behind when they burn down.  Is simple, no? :)

Angie

Going to read through all the pages, backwards... but incase they haven't been mentioned,

Machetes... give this gal an utilitarian yet lethal blade to slice the snot outta madmen and muffalo alike.

That, and actually anything thal allows one to beautify/modify their surroundings. As a crafter/builder primarily, the more plants/crops/decorative options I can play with, the happier I, and my tribe, will be.

Lobotomy

Randomized landing site option.

While I like the game, having to select a landing site every time I decide to start a new colony not only gets tedious but also feels somewhat immersion-breaking as I like the idea of the survivors crash landing at a random spot (i.e., having no control over where they end up) and just having to deal with it. So basically an option to have the game pick a valid landing site at random would be ideal. Coincidentally, it could also be nice to have an option in the New Colony screen to have a planet selected at random from those in the created list as well, for an even higher level of randomness. :) (I wonder if it's obvious that Randy Random is my favorite mode...)

madmagican3

Note - found out how to do rock chunk things, i'm stupid :(

I think it'd be nice to be able to prioritize hauling rock chunks, I know it may sound pedantic but I really don't like the fact that I have chunks of rocks laying around in my base but I cannot prioritize clearing it which aggravates me, It should be rather simple to do

(Hoping that it's not me messing something up on my side or already mentioned)

And also because the bandit attack thread was closed I'd quite like to see bandits that sneak up under the pretense of being allied guys and once they actually reach your base they kidnap someone or steal some stuff. You can check them via looking at their gear and stuff so you can try to work out who is a bandit and who's not, would ward against inactivity in terms of seeing guests coming and just right clicking the message, although in general terms it'd probably be better to balance it by adding some reason to want guests in your colony (sorry for writing here but the bandit thread hadn't been posted in for 120 days)

Apophis

Fixed name/type of trader combinations (e.g. Ludeon Lubricant company only is an industrial trader in one game/planet).

rsp92

(Hotkeys for saving and loading)
My cheapest and smallest suggestion is, adding ctrl+s and ctrl+l to request saving and loading dialog.

Splinterbee

Seeing what the colonist looks like and maybe changing it's apperence
Video games, are pretty good