Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deshara218

when a pawn goes to construct something and another pawn is in the way, instead of cancelling the job it should merely be forbidden (or paused or whatever), an invisible script is dropped on that tile that queries every _ cycles "has that job been cancelled, and if not is this tile still blocked?" and if the former it un-forbids the job and then in either case deletes itself.

Tibrogargan

Allow spawning temporary maps from caravans ("camp here").

These would be similar to the maps spawned for encounters, i.e.  Disappear in a couple of days, but allow caravans to stop to take care of issues (medical, mood, food shortage etc).

This would allow caravans to do self help without requiring increasing the max number of colonies.

bier00t

Polar circles. The hardest place to live is beyond polar circle - half year of night and then half year of day.

5thHorseman

When you click on an exposed rock face, "Smooth Surface" should be an option in addition to "Mine."
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Snafu_RW

Is there a reason for 'harvest' & 'plant cut' to be 2 separate actions? Why not combine the two, so if a plant is designated to be cut, it's harvested if possible & cut if not. Keep the work screen as 2 separate jobs ('grow' & 'cut plants'), so blight clearance/mass deforestation can be done as high priority by anyone if necessary

Bill order at a workstation could be drag-&-drop, saving many clicks in the case of a workstation having many bills & needing to add a priority 1-off job

I find it odd that flak items, power armour & plate armour are unsmeltable, especially the latter. Since tainted apparel now cannot be sold, at least allow us to melt the things down!

Dom 8-)

5thHorseman

Quote from: Snafu_RW on August 26, 2018, 07:55:14 AM
Is there a reason for 'harvest' & 'plant cut' to be 2 separate actions?

Be starving.
Need berries.
Click "Harvest"
Drag a huge square, highlighting only those berries that can be harvested.
Click "Cut"
Drag a huge square, cut the entire planet of all resources.
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

bier00t

TrueRanger

1. A way to mess with enemy bases' electricity. Like maybe an item that shuts off everything that requires electricity for a while, it can be used from afar and is a one-time use. That would be safer than running up to a base with an EMP grenade just to shut something off for a couple of seconds.

2. Actually visit other neutral/allied bases. Just generate a map like with enemy bases, but make them neutral/friendly toward the character visiting. It's a nice way to bond with people from other factions with a little more detail.

5thHorseman

Hauling bills for zones.

Probably all that's needed is to be able to suspend hauling of items until they reach a low threshold. That way you can keep your food stockpiles near the stove stocked with raw food but your haulers won't haul rice 5 grains (or whatever a unit is) at a time.

Autonomous

When a colonist loses an eye they are disfigured and everyone hates them. Add a Glass eye as a early game fix for shot out eyes. Ideally the glass eye would be made out of jade because jade is a worthless resource. The glass eye could even have quality levels based on crafter skill that affect beauty like a nice chaire vs an awful chair

jasiek0202

Trip Switch - a slightly more expensive switch (maybe 2 components) that cuts off when there is a zzzzzt event
You can't observe a corpse if you've eaten it

Autonomous

A vareation of the wander joins event. Pawn NAME'S relative has come looking for them. The relative could be a spacer who sold everything to buy supplies ariving by pod to be with your pawn. They could also be there to try and recuit your pawn back to the tribe. Or a dad/son looking for his son/dad.

It's prety easy to write simple one to two line stories of relatives looking for each other.

jasiek0202

Trash Can - a small, cheap item that reduces the rate at which a room becomes filthy with respect to things like trash, but not blood / vomit.
You can't observe a corpse if you've eaten it

DeadByBruise

An artificial nose; I've had multiple colonists lose their nose and get the disfigured penalty, but there is no artificial nose in the game to replace the lost nose.

jptrrs

Double click a room and name it a new area. That would be useful!