Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewArt

Hi Tynan, could you give the option to turn torches/campfires and Passive Coolers on and off as in fuel/don't fuel them? It doesn't feel too smooth to deconstruct them when they can be refueled for a later use. But you must do it if you don't want to waste resources on the moment. I play tribal naked start on 30 days of warmth, and when a heat wave comes I must deconstruct the Passive Cooler afterwards, and I would rather just keep it around in case of another heat wave later in the future. Just an idea, if you think it is necessary, it would be pretty cool

lowdegger

Masks, but not helmets, counter-act appearance modifiers like pretty, disfigured etc.

lowdegger

Actually the best and simplest mod I know about is the cleaning area mod. Would that be simple to add?

AndrewArt

How about social interactions during caravaneering? Not something too overwhelming, but maybe there should be social interactions every now and then when you have multiple colonists on the road, that you can see if you press the details tab which shows the social interactions of the past days. I send all my people (2 at the moment) on a caravan trading quest, so I would have something to watch if they were interacting, maybe

AndrewArt

And another minor thing.. I play on the highest difficulty so I prefer to choose the people I take in as colonists. When someone is being chased, I often accept the incident, if I know I can beat it. If I don't like the colonist there are two options.. I either make him stand there so that he will be captured and the raiders leave (not really realistic), or I defend my base then banish the said colonist. Well.. when I do that, he often runs into the first trap that's in his path. Maybe fix that, it's quite silly :d

Kangoshi

1. Change "prioritize" to "queue" when holding shift, and "prioritized" to "queued" from "clear prioritized work". Since we queue the tasks and clearing the queue.
2. Change "hunting" in "prioritize (or "queue") hunting [an animal]" to "finish off".
3. Add an option to "finish off" downed ants. Disnof's clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/AggressivePlacidCockroachPastaThat
4. Add an option to to "destroy" hives, both single and mass selection.
5. Change "assault" to "semi-auto" and/or "automatic/battle" in "assault rifle", since there are no such thing as "assault rifle". Politicians made it up. "Assault is an action - not an object." RTFM <3

And the last change to this post. Make it possible to take a meal in the inventory and so that when you undraft a colonist and "it" decides to eat a meal from his inventory, and you need "it" to, let's say, haul something other, than his meal, it wouldn't just drop his meal on the ground and put it back in the inventory. And why do they put it out anyway if they will go to a table before they get to it? A table. This would be a nice change too.

rinin

Inspired taming, because only 3 inspirations affects player: crafting, surgery, recruting. All others are mere bonuses generaly ignored by the player.

Request quests/deals, It could be done, for example on allied bases.

Never change clothes outside of the base or without access to new clothes. Using outfits settings and winter caravans are mutually exclusive. Ambush -> some guy takes off his damaged shirt -> you missed this -> guy 100% dead because of cold. It's very annoying.

Materials settings for outfits Rhinoceros clothes for fighters, plainleather for workers, furs for caravans!

Any colour management for cloth/marine armor

StormGunner

I'm actually amazed a search for "electricity" did not yield this suggestion:
When selecting.... well, anything, one might expect to find the power requirement of the thing one's attempting to build.
Isn't it a bit counter-intuitive to only know the amount of power you're going to need to power a certain building AFTER building it?
Wouldn't you want to be sure you have what it takes before going all-out with those sun lamps?
I could see it indicated maybe in the information tab rather than straight up upon selecting your thing-to-be-built, but currently this only shows upon completing building the thing.

This should be extremely simple to implement, certainly within the "4 hour" limit ;)

Another thing comes to mind that should be fairly easy to correct:
When designating growing zones, most times you want to avoid designating gravel (and sometimes you strictly want rich soil). Currently, when selecting the growing zone, a popup description with info appears at the bottom left hand corner of the screen - which is right where information about the type of tile your mouse is hovering over is shown. What this leads to is the long process of deselecting the zone and hovering over tiles at the edge (where they may grow shrubs or trees obstructing a clear view of the soil) to see if any tiles should be added or subtracted, then selecting the zone again and expanding / shrinking it accordingly. I'll point out the fact that sometimes the zone's color is near-identical to the surroundings, making it difficult to discern whether a tile is within the zone or not (when not selected).
A simple solution would be making the "hover information" white text appear above the popup information box. just as it would appear above the bottom bar when the popup box is gone.
Having 5 pyromaniac colonists taught me the importance of not using carpets everywhere.

AlexNAC04

i think there should be a zone that the colonists have to cut imediatly for the wind turbines, i think there should be a stone path that has 145% walk speed and a way to raid other factions settlement, more happiness items: couches TVs(HD TV), radios,computers,acuariums, a way to fish and a way to repair items (guns clothing etc.), a drug that boost learning ability, a portable crafting , cooking station, a way for colonists to have kids, very comfy beds, a fatness meter that builda character dosen't ears up when a character is over eating and becomes smaller when a character dosen't eat and he losses that fat, characters that only like fat/skinny females , a way for characters to swim. I LOVE THIS GAME I WISH THERE WOULD BE MORE GAMES LIKE RIMWORLD

Noizemonger

Program a Help out downed colonist if not hostile....idea

so my colony got trampled by a heard of revenge animals and vistors came shortly after....why cant they help any of the downed guys so all of them dont have to die....i think there should be some kind of help check from any group visiting to give some sort of medical attintion to as many downed ppl they find, as long as they are not a hostile faction. anyone agree on this....could it be done? most ppl care about others in real life...most....maybe if they pass within a certain range of a downed individual, they could role a help check to see if they could doctor them up ect...

AlexNAC04

kinda good idea but when they get resqued you have to give the faction 20 silver

Doktorwh0

Vehicles that could operate like animals that 'eat' chemfuel and increase a caravans speed and carry capacity. Different species would be different vehicles, and their hunger would immediately incapacitate them once it reached 0.

Maybe if the caravan gets raided the player can risk 'driving off' and take random damage to the vehicle/animal. alternatively they stay and fight, with the vehicle/animals being incapacitated in the middle of the map and acting as cover for your colonists.

Main reason I think this would be really cool is so you could play a little like mad max where you're driving out to raid and steal supplies from other bases as opposed to the build a base and bunker up style.

Namsan

Pirates should be able to pick up weapons from the ground and use them.
Pirates with crappy weapons like revolver or knife probably want to use more stronger weapons.
If a pirate with rocket launcher was killed, other pirates probably want to use his big gun.

Escaped prisoners are already capable of this, so why not.
Hello

Anastasia

okay then, heres a few(disclaimer i have literally no exprience with code and don't know how viable these are i'm sorry):

Break stone order. similar to the smooth surface order, but instead of smoothing stone walls and floors it breaks stone floors into gravel for planting.

Plantable mushrooms/fungus:it is state din backstories and the lore that caveworlds and others have fungal crops. add some kind of fungus crop to the grow zone, they would grow in the dark and maybe die in light depending on how you think it should be done

secret areas similar to ancient dangers but instead of being full of bad things they are full of cave people either dead or alive that are most of the time non hostile. they might join your colony, trade, ignore you, or be full of coffins with art for a good story.

call the developer of better infestations. that's all i have to say....

Bug Spray. like fire foam but insectoids avoid it and its highly flammable.

that's all i've got.
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

5thHorseman

Have an option to list colonist occupations under their names. I like to actually put things in the occupations to remind me who's supposed to be doing what, so I find that I constantly check people's stats to see who is actually my doctor, negotiator, tailor, etc.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.