Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AileTheAlien

Colonists who have Night Owl and also Quick Sleeper, should have their hatred-time shortened, since they don't need to sleep as much.

vzoxz0

bobucles

Fast sleeping night owls take a nap, wake up in the afternoon and end up miserable.

I mean just turn the lights off.

PeyotePal

One annoying thing for me is that my pawn-peeps will walk to the farside of the space first thing in the morning, do one thing (like mine one block), then go back for brekkie, then come back....slight and cheap adjustment right there! Daft Pawns!

Cleaning is a big prob that could be cheaply solved, I'm even using the great mods for doormats but really the only way to keep things clean is have a full-time cleaner, not too sexy. I would suggest that If any character has Cleaning as a 1 priority they should at least clean up any obvious mess they come across...if they're all doing it shouldn't be a time-drain..., maybe reduce the amount of grime generated too...

More Art/Sculpture designs...if I had any idea how to mod I would add some myself, otherwise could contribute some 3D CAD designs If anyone wants to collab?...On my current scenario I've built a Sculpture gallery which I want to fill up with only Legendary Pieces, see what happens :) (Blown up by pirates)

I've gotta say I put a lot of time into making nice big spaces, rooms, furniture, and they still rate as 'Awful', and my peeps go insane due to 'Awful Environment', just not fair! They live better than I do and I don't go mental or dig up dead bodies! Perhaps the cheapest fix would be to pull back the negativity a tad, not so many pyromaniacs In the mix. The mental breaks just feel too extreme and too regular, people are tougher than that. And PLEASE look at the room rating system, I'm building luxury pads that still rate as ' Workshop Awful"!

I would also suggest that If you 'force' or prioritize a pawn to do something they stick with It for more than one second...I know that must be tricky balancing priorities but It's damn annoying forcing an electrical conduit to be built one square at a  time....

Windows?

I gripe because I love, best game evaaaaa

butanefireflies

A truly tiny idea (?) that I've been wanting since about my second base:

for the on-map labels for animals, can we get a Show Animal Names: Tame (Bonded Only) please?

That would be really nice   :D

bryyrt

Fences- They act as walls but give the bonuses of being outside. (For prisoners or animals)

vzoxz0

Wouldn't fences also need to be both see-through and shoot-through? They'd only stop mobility. I don't disagree they'd be nice, though, perhaps with low resource requirement and health (2 steel or something to set up a basic fence, for instance to keep wild animals out would be nice). Fences also wouldn't automatically generate "please roof me" areas.

luifnotluigi

-vandals: part of the traders that visit your colony starts trashing your walls a bit. if you attack them the rest of the traders attack you. if you arrest them. you have to release them when the traders leave
-traitor: one of your colonists betrays you and leaves the map with a good sum of your resources(if you don't stop him) shooting him will cause the rest of colonists be sad. not shooting him will result in the colonists feeling betrayed. event triggered after several breakdowns (so that the colonist is unhappy with the colony). if you capture him he would be next to impossible to recruit and with a high resistance.

Bobisme

I'd like to see 'draw power grid' as a normal option and not just a Dev mode option.

MrQuebe

Multiplayer option where each player rule the same amount of avatars all extra goes in turns to next player
Why? Game would remind bit of "don't starve together" and we could play with friends.

Bobisme

remove the barred swapping of jobs.
E.G: some one is going to recruit my prisoner but i have a pawn with inspired recruitment, it wont let me swap the job to them, nor tell me who has it,  instead i have to pause it, dig through all warden pawns to find the person who took the job, and draft them just so i can get the right job done, same applies with mining and other jobs, i see no reason it cannot show (reserved by danny) and be reallocated to my desired pawn.

NeverPire

Quote from: Bobisme on September 30, 2018, 05:06:50 PM
E.G: some one is going to recruit my prisoner but i have a pawn with inspired recruitment, it wont let me swap the job to them, nor tell me who has it,  instead i have to pause it, dig through all warden pawns to find the person who took the job, and draft them just so i can get the right job done, same applies with mining and other jobs, i see no reason it cannot show (reserved by danny) and be reallocated to my desired pawn.
It looks more like a bug, because you are supposed to be allowed to do that.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Bobisme

I can with a lot of job styles, i just considered certain jobs were like, locked, a good example is the pod, it doesn't tell me who is actually loading the pod, as it is un allocatable i considered the job taken, when you click on a pod does it tell you who is loading and or is it changeable? :)
keep forgetting the game has been updated.. i play B18..maybe it's been fixed.. i really need to update, but for the life of me..

vzoxz0

Quote from: NeverPire on September 30, 2018, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: Bobisme on September 30, 2018, 05:06:50 PM
It looks more like a bug, because you are supposed to be allowed to do that.

He's playing b18, pay no attention.

Ruptga

Chance for limbs at 0hp to be broken instead of destroyed outright, which will then heal at a fraction of the usual rate.  Could use armor code so we don't have too many cases of snipers breaking fingers but fists destroying them?  I'm thinking primarily about fingers and toes here, though there's no reason you couldn't do similar for body parts actually coverable by armor.

Alternatively, new clothing item: set of combat boots and gloves.  There could be medieval / industrial / spacer versions, or just one, but I feel it would be fine to not separate gloves and boots for the sake of minimizing clutter. 

Other other option: change plate and power armors to cover hands/fingers and feet/toes.  This has the advantage of being the simplest by far.