Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B0bwong

Not sure if this is easy or not as im not a game designer, But have you ever thought of having passive wild animals (Hare, Alpaca etc) that are hunted by others wild animals attempt to flee rather then fight back. This isnt too fancy just something i noticed that might be interesting.

svc_bot

There are currently many heddifs in the game, and modders are adding even more of them. If every hediff had a category e.g. "chronic disease", "permanent damage", "drug effect" etc, it would make my life as a modder much easier. This way i could automatically handle more modded hediffs. Of course it is already partially in the game through hediff properties and hediffGivers, but it requires rather complex logic (which needs to be maintained) to decide whether a hediff is a disease, chronic disease, just a drug effect or something entirely different. And it can be implemented for example just by adding a new property which holds hediffs category.

Aszh

Very cheap things that would make the game way less annoying:

1) The Assign tab needs to be alphabetized.
2) The Restrict tab needs to be alphabetized.
3) Set Owner for beds and anything else with owners needs to be alphabetized.
4) Set Worker on bills being sorted by highest skill is usually fine, but it'd be helpful if I could also sort it by alphabet for those times I instead need the cannibal to butcher humans into kibble and so on.

vzoxz0

QuoteNot sure if this is easy or not as im not a game designer, But have you ever thought of having passive wild animals (Hare, Alpaca etc) that are hunted by others wild animals attempt to flee rather then fight back. This isnt too fancy just something i noticed that might be interesting.

You mean a squirrel wouldn't fight for its life, and win, versus a cougar? Madness.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Aszh on September 23, 2018, 01:25:23 PM
1) The Assign tab needs to be alphabetized.
2) The Restrict tab needs to be alphabetized.
3) Set Owner for beds and anything else with owners needs to be alphabetized.
The Assign and Restrict tabs order the colonists based on the order of pawns up top on the screen, which I reorder with right-click in every single game. I would NOT want the game screwing with that order, it's how I tell several different things at a glance without resorting to cheesy names for colonists that include strings of flags.

The Set Owner function does not and I don't know what order it uses. However I don't really use that function much.

But anyway you can fix this yourself by ordering the pawns up top alphabetically.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

vzoxz0

You can reorder pawns? What.

5thHorseman

Quote from: vzoxz0 on September 23, 2018, 06:27:55 PM
You can reorder pawns? What.
Yup. In the list up top. Right click and drag.

This is not the first time I've posted this so I suspect it's one of those undocumented features that most people don't know about even though they've played hundreds of hours.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Aszh

Quote from: 5thHorseman on September 23, 2018, 03:36:17 PM
The Assign and Restrict tabs order the colonists based on the order of pawns up top on the screen

Yeah, I know they do, and it should be alphabetical instead, or at least an option to make it so.  The pawns at the top I have in a specific order for a reason and it's not gettin' changed.  I have a few groups of important pawns at the front, then after that it's the order they arrived in.

It's not really a problem when you have like, 10 pawns, but when you get up to 50+ it's a real pain to not be able to re-order things how you want.

vzoxz0

I'm not sure I understand why you need them to be alphabetical, but they definitely should follow the order given by the "colonist bar". It's not like it's a lot of effort to sort it for the player should they want to.

NeverPire

An option to forbid crafted items once dumped in a storage area (usefull especially for trade items).
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

vzoxz0

Quote from: NeverPire on September 24, 2018, 04:17:51 PM
An option to forbid crafted items once dumped in a storage area (useful especially for trade items).

YES, THIS, SO MUCH THIS. ON THE "BILL"!

Kangoshi

Quote from: NeverPire on September 24, 2018, 04:17:51 PM
An option to forbid crafted items once dumped in a storage area (useful especially for trade items).
Yes, please.

And about mad prisoners, trying to break the door - either make them not, or make them to try break the walls. Because it doesn't make any sense otherwise and only leads to the necessity of building a wall in front of the door.

Aszh

Quote from: vzoxz0 on September 24, 2018, 08:29:08 AM
I'm not sure I understand why you need them to be alphabetical, but they definitely should follow the order given by the "colonist bar". It's not like it's a lot of effort to sort it for the player should they want to.

Okay, let me rephrase.  I would like for the Assign and Restrict tabs to have options to re-arrange them that are separate from the colonist bar.  Similar to how there are different sorting options on the caravan screen.  If one of those options happened to be alphabetical, like on the caravan screen, that would also be nice.

Quadwin

Tiny Idea to keep lawns/grasslands grassy(?):
instead of animals eating the whole plant, just let them eat wild grass down to 0%. This way the grass can easily regrow without the need to spawn entirely new.

NickiWorld

I write ideas from easy to difficult.

traumatic weapon. This weapon does not kill but stuns.

Growth. From it a little depends, the weight, speed, and damage

Geniuses. Their limit in skills is not 20 it is 30

The walls on which you can to shoot enemies. They occupy two cells, they need to attach stairs to climb them. They spend much more resources, but it's almost impossible to break them by the usual methods. And naturally durable and large gates to them.