Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

JaJe

Quote from: rinin on April 05, 2020, 12:58:48 PM
Inspiration mech serum and/or inspiring assistant.

Pretty straightforward. Serum could cause specific or random inspiration. Assistant could just increase probability of inspirations for a colonist.
Or taking a drug could increase chance to spawn an inspiration. Making hard drugs like flake more interesting to use, not just selling for profit.
I ate without a table and I liked it.

toeboy

+ a wake-up-like drug that lowers hunger rate but increases need for rest, for those times when food production is suffering

+ weapons deterioration rate increases with use, to balance things out and make better use of weapon stockpiling

+ high-nutrient yield crop that provides 2x more nutrients per day than other crops but lowers fertility of soil every time its harvested

+ apparel breakdown into patchleather, better use of tainted clothing than being burned

MarcoE123_88

time optimization + new traits: By: MarcoE123_88

To decrease loading times, couldn't you start pre-loading the map while creating colonists?
it could be created the "conscientious (Or whatever)" trait, a settler who likes to think and be aware of what is happening, giving + 10% research, -5% general work speed, + 5% rest speed, + 5% aim time , + 10% hit chance (It's all an example, obviously it's editable). In addition to buffs or debuffs depending on consciousness (e.g. 100% = +6, 80% = + 2, 70% = +/- 0, 50% = -4, 30% = -8).
For this operation google translate was used so there could be many errors.
What do you think?

Liwet

Baseball Caps- Gives a bonus to aim (by keeping the sun out of their eyes) but doesn't change their comfortable temperature.

rinin

Give thrumbos some psychic resistance, if not 100%, because after "nobility" they became way too easy prey, due to cheap "burden" casts.

vadim_normal

Deaf pawns don't care about insults

Liwet

Pawns can play in the water for recreation.  This is a buff to water maps making them look more appealing than maps without water.  Historically, most major cities are founded next to water.

Liwet

Electricity requires a techprint.

Darcelmaw

Very simple qol idea but make it would be great if using the make new zone when clicked on a dumping zone made a dumping zone instead of the standard zone

Geese man

Could food policies get a priority like the manual work priorities, so you can have your colonists eat from the dispenser in the colony instead of swarming the packaged meals that are intended for caravans and not having to swap policies every time you make a caravan.

LWM

:thumbsup:

What I ended up doing is writing a mod (Restricted Storage) that allows me to automatically forbid anything in a storage building (shelf, etc) and then put all my packaged survival meals there.  When the caravan is forming, colonists will still gather forbidden items, so they can take all the packaged survival meals, and will happily eat them on caravan.

Forbidding stacks of meals on the ground also works, but it was also annoying for me.

I really like the priorities idea, tho.

Liwet

You don't need a mod for the nutrient paste/packaged survival meal (PSM) issue you just have to stay on top of new packaged survival meals.  Allow your colonists to eat both the PSM and nutrient paste but forbid the PSM.  Even if forbidden, you'll still be able to pick it up for caravans and it will get unforbidden while in the caravan.  When new PSMs are made, just be sure to forbid them after they are dropped off in their storage location.

LWM

*I* needed a mod, because I would forget someone was cooking survival meals and the muffalos would eat them  ;D ::)

Liwet

Can Pod Launchers have the tool to build a transport pod when you select them?  Sort of like how when you select a bed you can build an end table.