Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• June 29, 2022, 05:56:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 400

Author Topic: Your Cheapest Ideas  (Read 1268520 times)

Monkfish

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Your Cheapest Ideas
« Reply #780 on: April 19, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

my hope is just let hopper can be build next to stove and not just nutrient....so my chef dont waste time pick up raw food far away.
Easily fixed yourself. Place small stockpiles next to the cooker with the jobs set with the lowest radius (5). Cooks will then only take from the stockpiles next to the cooker. Ensure they're a high enough priority that they're always stocked. Done.
<insert witty signature here>

Darth Fool

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

A "Forbidden Zone" that colonists will not enter.

blazekiller102

• Muffalo
  • Meow<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 19, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »

I would love the forum mod page to be Categorized
Hehe

JKTD1919

• Colonist
  • Arnakhor
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 20, 2014, 02:52:36 AM »

my hope is just let hopper can be build next to stove and not just nutrient....so my chef dont waste time pick up raw food far away.

Why not just make a Raw Food Only stockpile next to your cooker? It'd be the same as having a hopper. Set the priority to Critical so colonists immediately fill it up.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

keylocke

• Planetologist
  • indecisive potato and horrible analogist
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 20, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »

Giblet cages should give raiders the fear debuff too.

Seconded!

In fact I think that should be one of their main uses. They can make small groups of raiders take a look, go "Um, yeah... to hell with this" and call off their attacks early.

I believe they already do affect raiders, but the effect is too small and the raiders rarely spend enough time for it to reach "eff this I'm going home" levels.

they mostly affect visitors from other colonies going all crazy with the gibbet cages or piles of dead bodies after hanging out for some time in the middle of a killzone.

afterwards they start attacking anything they see. colonists, squirrels, boomrats, etc.. haha.

--------------
edit :

-btw, is there a hotkey for saving camera locations that i missed or something? (ie : press shift+1 to save camera location 1, then press ctrl+1 to go to camera location 1)

-thrown weapons should have a minimum distance throw. (ie : if the target is within 3 tiles close to the character, that character will not use it's grenade or molotov)

-avoid friendly fire. accidental friendly fire still occurs whenever friendlies cross AFTER the trigger is pulled. but colonists shouldn't fire when line-of-sight is obscured by fellow colonists.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:10:19 AM by keylocke »

Viceroy

• Colonist
  • Gas-proof maniac!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 20, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »

A bed designation for visitors to use. Would love to be able to have a hotel for all my buddies from Comba of Turtle lol
Dog goes moo!

Vetack

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 20, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »

Customization of starting conditions such as equipment, status of colonists, number of colonists, number of resources. To avoid overpowered starts if that is an issue you can set a cap of how much of anything that is editable you can set.

Good for making very quick scenarios and storytelling

keylocke

• Planetologist
  • indecisive potato and horrible analogist
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:06 AM »

more cheap ideas :

-don't butcher corpses that are placed in gibbet cages.

-don't stone cut debris that are placed on certain stock piles (better yet, there should be an option for stockpiles to be set it as "forbidden" that lets colonists stock it with the chosen items, but they will not consume the items that are placed within.

-add a minimum thrown valid targeting so that grenadiers will not automatically lob at a target that are within 3 tiles of itself.

-reassign beds to different colonists. i want to place them in rooms closer to where they work.

that's all for now.  ;D

metadolor

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 22, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »

A small UI tweak:
Show the size of the rectangle while designating mining/planning/building/etc. areas. Either on the cursor or in the area itself.
mockup:
(http://imgur.com/nKQHuVv)

Cpt.Fupa

• Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 22, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »

A perch to look and fire over walls right beside you and increase range. Also a firing range would be nice. And the ability to craft or find armor. I know some might be expensive but that's what I feel the game is missing so far.

Sion

• Colonist
  • Unemployed, looking for game jobbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:13 PM »

A small UI tweak:
Show the size of the rectangle while designating mining/planning/building/etc. areas. Either on the cursor or in the area itself.
mockup:
(http://imgur.com/nKQHuVv)

That is spot on what I want to have!
and I would also like to see the area in some nifty way (X*Y=Area).
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Nasikabatrachus

• Colonist
  • Migrant from the Mountainhomes
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 23, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »

Poisoned weapons that cause extra damage over a moderate period of time. Tribal raids would get real interesting.

WorldOfIllusion

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 24, 2014, 04:07:50 AM »

allow new link flags to be defined via xml.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Viceroy

• Colonist
  • Gas-proof maniac!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »

Landmines. Nuff-said.
Dog goes moo!

Darth Fool

• Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 24, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »

Hot swappable bunks.  Related to previous suggestion on private ownership option for most usable items.  A button that turns off ownership of beds.  First come first serve.  Would add a penalty to happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 400