Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: whoishigh on September 18, 2015, 04:53:33 AM
The restrictions tab needs work - specifically the joy part. Colonists will use joy time to sleep, which almost always results in them going to sleep without actually participating in joy activities when multiple are available. This in turn leads to totally joy-deprived colonists the player can do nothing to counter because colonists can't be forced to play horseshoes.

Edit: this is a real problem as sick colonists will use the joy time to rest instead of performing joy activities. Then they break because their mood is too low, and can't be treated for whatever is ailing them.
I noticed this as well, sick colonists will snap and if they go in rage mode, it will take more time to heal them due to the fact you need to beat them in to submission.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Jorlem

Would it be possible to have a randomize button for the colony name, so you can have the game pick a new name if you don't like the first one?

akiceabear

Quote from: Jorlem on September 20, 2015, 07:16:18 AM
Would it be possible to have a randomize button for the colony name, so you can have the game pick a new name if you don't like the first one?

+1

Zobaken

Funeral pyres.

Pros: it can burn dead bodies before crematorium;
Cons: consumes a lot of wood, also one pyre can burn only one body - you need to build a new one to burn another body.

Loki88

Quote from: Zobaken on September 20, 2015, 02:53:03 PM
Funeral pyres.

Pros: it can burn dead bodies before crematorium;
Cons: consumes a lot of wood, also one pyre can burn only one body - you need to build a new one to burn another body.

+1

jamesinar

On that note how about mass graves? A trench you can bury multiple bodies in faster than if they were in individual graves.

blub01

Quote from: jamesinar on September 20, 2015, 05:02:16 PM
On that note how about mass graves? A trench you can bury multiple bodies in faster than if they were in individual graves.

but your colonists get pissed of when one of their own is buried there, which is disabled by default.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

asanbr

I want to have hotkeys per colonist, and the possibility of hotkey-selecting them without centering the screen on them. Like in Starcraft: hotkey once to select a unit. Press hotkey again and the screen is centered on the selected unit. Then you always have the option of doing either, while just using one key.

I often need to send a colonist across the map to do something, and it becomes annoying to scroll the map back and forth for this.

Also, I think blood should decay and disappear over time, at least outdoors. It would save some work and I'd say it's realistic.

A minimap would be useful. It could be toggled on / off like other HUD elements, so that you only have it when you want it.

A hotkey for all the different tabs would be great. I often want to check stats of the colonists, and this becomes a clickfest.

A skills overview table with all the colonists and all their skills for fast overview (almost like the "Work" tab, but with numbers in each cell).

I want to be able to give one-time commands to people to do things without changing their work. Like one guy normally doesn't haul, but at this moment he is in the right spot and I need to haul just one thing. So I select him, and tell him to "override-haul" meaning he will do this one command but not keep hauling after that. (Or hunt animal, or do medical treatment, or deconstruct a piece of wall, or butcher one animal, and so on).

Edit 1 - It should be possible to uninstall standing lamps and heaters, just as we can with beds and other furniture.

Edit 2 - It should be possible to put research on hold just like any crafting bench "suspend". Yes, I can stop research by unchecking research for all my colonists, but there should be a way without modifying their work assignments.

Edit 3 - I don't see the point of having two separate types of Cryptosleep caskets. And more so, I don't see the point of having to research it twice. It's the same technology in both cases, one is movable and the other is part of a ship, but this could really be made better -> research once, then if you still need to have two types of them, let it be so.

Canaris

Someone probably posted this but whatever.

1. Sharing outfit/stockpile templates between saves.
2. Hunting that requires weapon that will not vaporize target - i.e. hare has to be killed by something less powerfull than a minigun or charge rifle. It would go nicely with the ability to wield two weapons at once and just switch between them and it would keep bows and bolt action rifles valid longer.
3. Romance/marriage/sex life for my Rimworlders ( with obligatory HUGE debuff if spouse/lover gets killed ) + ability to have children - for dem FUN Dwarf Fortress style. Okay it is in the frequent suggestions section.
4. More defensive structures - moats, barbed wire, machine gun nests etc.
5. End game content like assaulting other towns, slave trade on a massive scale, politics maybe ??

EDIT: Oh and fallout going for more than 10 days at my recent game gave me another idea - fricking HAZMAT suits to craft/build.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

FridayBiology

Sun burn - Colonists over heat but, keep pure white skin if sun baking?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

misterblort

smooth wall.. That is all :p Instead of smoothing floor, smoothing wall for more prettyness.

blub01

Quote from: asanbr on September 21, 2015, 01:27:28 PM
I want to have hotkeys per colonist, and the possibility of hotkey-selecting them without centering the screen on them. Like in Starcraft: hotkey once to select a unit. Press hotkey again and the screen is centered on the selected unit. Then you always have the option of doing either, while just using one key.

I often need to send a colonist across the map to do something, and it becomes annoying to scroll the map back and forth for this.

Edit 3 - I don't see the point of having two separate types of Cryptosleep caskets. And more so, I don't see the point of having to research it twice. It's the same technology in both cases, one is movable and the other is part of a ship, but this could really be made better -> research once, then if you still need to have two types of them, let it be so.

You might try using the EdB interface mod(I tihnk that's it), it does exactly what you request in your first point, not with hotkeys, but with a bar of sorts at the top of the screen listing all the colonists.

And the research is separate because the one casket has an inbuilt power module, and the other is hardened to meet the hazards of space.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

asanbr

When constructing (placing)  a new orbital trade beacon, it would be useful if all the areas already covered by other beacons were highlighted. Same as when a trade beacon is selected.

Addon:  It would be nice to be able to build bridges / floating platforms to enable faster movement on water.

Addon: I find that colonists are constantly refilling my hoppers, for example when the hopper is at 70 food someone will walk in and add to make it 75. this is a huge waste of time and I think it should be made more intelligently, or allow me to set a lower limit for the hopper, for example to refill only when it is at 20 food or even at 0.

jamesinar

Can't you set priorities for hoppers?

Jorlem

Vultures: they would eat dead animals and human corpses, eventually removing random corpses and skeletons from the map. (Obviously, they've been altered by humanity over the years like many other animals.)

If a colonist spots a vulture eating a human corpse, it could cause a larger mood penalty than just seeing the corpse.

Also, the setting document mentions that humans have been bioengineered to be resistant to radiation.  Why not go one step further, and have a trait that indicates an abnormally high level of resistance, letting the colonist ignore fallout?