Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drahkon

An interesting one, but it's toxic fallout, not radioactive. Do like the vultures idea, in general anything that reduces corpse clutter. Get a long game with repeated fallouts and the map just gets covered with bones >.>.

blub01

Quote from: jamesinar on September 23, 2015, 04:20:21 PM
Can't you set priorities for hoppers?

yeah, but then either the hopper gets refilled constantly, or not at all.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

feckenayy

Not sure on how cheap it is, but i think animals should have an implemented joy system with colonists. Animals that don't produce any products like fur or food should not have this ability. But for things like labrador retrievers and other dogs colonists should be able to 'play' with the animals, increasing joy as they do so.

asanbr

I want to toggle the growing plant for a group of selected hydroponics basins at the same time, so I don't have to click and repeat on each of them.

I want to be able to group toggle allowed zones for colonists and also for animals, so that when I construct a new forbidden area, I can quickly tell the whole group not to go there.

I want to be able to cycle through animals with a click of a key just the same as I can cycle through colonists with , and .      this would be useful for health checkups and more.

keylocke

pop-up menu for animals tab should show more info and be editable there :

ie : info shows with the hover pop-up

-healthcare level : menu (let's you adjust their med receive on the fly)
-health and age : so i can distinguish which ones should i slaughter, when they get too old or develop illnesses.
-slaughter button : so i can mass slaughter without having to exit this menu

Oga88

Colonist should be able to patch themselves. If I have got stubbed or shot I would try something out not just bleed out. Off course you can't do operations. But the basics you should, and it should take twice as long to put bandages on yourself.

Alitaria

What about having a "Rotten Only" option for stockpiles and cremation?
I have things set up to butcher and cremate dead raiders but I often see my colonists cremating perfectly good corpses before doing the rotting ones.
Same with animals, if I set up a bill to cremate animal corpses so I can get rid of the skeletons around the map my people go and fry the good animals :/
Context is key when discussing RimWorld in public

Encrtia

Quote from: Alitaria on September 28, 2015, 12:18:31 AM
What about having a "Rotten Only" option for stockpiles and cremation?
I have things set up to butcher and cremate dead raiders but I often see my colonists cremating perfectly good corpses before doing the rotting ones.
Same with animals, if I set up a bill to cremate animal corpses so I can get rid of the skeletons around the map my people go and fry the good animals :/

Rotten Only - Yes. So much Yes.
~When death is smiling at you, just smile on back.

FridayBiology

+1 this rotten only option
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Moldiworp

Toilets/Pooping. Clearly not enough poop.

Bartman

like normal if i wanted to train a colonists shooting and brawling i would wait for a crashed ship, kill the robot then get this one Guy to just wack/shoot it until it was dead, training dumbs just use the same thing, just set the health really high, or just make them cheap to make. Eg. 50 wood, and maybe better resources more health?

blub01

Quote from: Bartman on October 04, 2015, 10:47:48 AM
like normal if i wanted to train a colonists shooting and brawling i would wait for a crashed ship, kill the robot then get this one Guy to just wack/shoot it until it was dead, training dumbs just use the same thing, just set the health really high, or just make them cheap to make. Eg. 50 wood, and maybe better resources more health?

should definitely be in the core game, for now there's an alpha 12 patch for superior crafting, which has those dummies(you have to manually tell people to go there every time they stop though)
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

koisama

Quote from: blub01 on October 04, 2015, 03:05:23 PMfor now there's an alpha 12 patch for superior crafting, which has those dummies
Or you could place a sleeping spot, draft the colonist and order it to shoot.

blub01

Quote from: koisama on October 04, 2015, 04:32:55 PM
Quote from: blub01 on October 04, 2015, 03:05:23 PMfor now there's an alpha 12 patch for superior crafting, which has those dummies
Or you could place a sleeping spot, draft the colonist and order it to shoot.

superior crafting also has social and medical "dummies"(for social its called a holosuite).

Kain21

I would love to see guest rooms because im tired of guests sleeping all over my base