Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n0ise

Hi,

First time on the forum here. I love the game and think you are doing a great job with it.
After looking through the frequents, I'm left with only one suggestion;

Skill training furniture;
Furniture for training the different skills, especially something for melee. (like the cook stove increases the Cooking skill). For the other skills, books would seem more logical, since most increase as you work (crafting, growing and such.).

Melee however is different, as its risky to "train". Maybe a training dummy or a workout bench would help.

Sidenote; Maybe you should be able to fold and stack clothing.

Thnxbye

MeowRailroad

This might not be a cheap idea, but it's related to the workout table idea. Instead of some people being unable to haul, they would just be able to haul less, and they could increase their maximum amount by working out. Also, manual labor like mining and logging would be helped by exercise. Also, if someone hauls stuff a lot, they would gradually be able to haul more as that would help them become stronger.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Limdood

Quote from: cameron908 on March 23, 2016, 06:29:19 PM
Quote from: wetbread on March 22, 2016, 07:06:04 PM
you know how you can buy hoovers/vacuum cleaners that clean up by themselves (romba i think is the name of one of them)you could program them to be like a pet except without most of the human interactions. it would be there purely to take care of cleaning jobs to free up your colonists while still cleaning rooms. maybe it could sleep/charge beside a battery or more efficiently  in a specially researched wall socket? it should probably also be confined to indoors.                                                                                                                                    Also i find that any artists i have cant do art until relatively late game (they have other duties) it would be cool if they could carve on the walls to make the walls give a positive boost. maybe just make the walls have a few lumps and add into the joy activities for colonists to walk up to them ad admire them.                                                                                                                     another idea would be if you had been raided by pirates or tribesmen or towns if afterwards you had taken one of their people prisoner they come to break him/her out. If they are in a mountain they mine through it or if hes in a house they smash through one of the walls. it would be even better if you didnt get a notification about it until they were almost there.
"roomba" can already be found in frequent suggestions topic, plus would probably be a much more intensive thing to add to the game so also probably not a "cheap" idea

It already exists in the Mobile Artificial Intelligence mod...so someone has already done the necessary coding, at least in its most basic form.  That particular mod adds basic hauling bots and cleaning bots, which are simple place-n-activate bots, which can be attacked by raiders and explode (irretrievably) on death...autobandaging and healing, but dont regen lost "limbs."  The mod also adds robo pawns which are much more expensive and involved to get, but are nifty...

point being, the roomba cleaning bot is already coded by a modder.  Adding it would be a case of checking the code changes, optimizing it, checking again, and balancing...seems pretty cheap.

humblebundle

Im sure this is already mentioned, but i give it a try
--------------------
People know vaccinate can help against a lot of diseases, why not put it into the game and it work like the BTL chip, but instead of making people happy with +25 points and less awareness, the vaccinate will make the colonist immune for a specific time, maybe 1-5 years.
To make it more complicated, you could let them research by subjects, that means if someone get sick you can send your doc to cure and research that desease (another option besides "feed" and on).
Also that could create a new disease 'rabies' and anti-rabies inoculation.
So animals no longer get angry with no reason, they just have rabies, if you kill that animal your colonists can reasearch and find a anti-rabies inoculation to create.
So the new research table "labs", with that you need eggs and the dead infected animal or a trial of the infected colonist.
--------------------
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

Mkok

An ability for colonist to path up his own wounds. One-man colony all the way  ;)

king komodo

Quote from: humblebundle on March 27, 2016, 07:11:33 AM
Im sure this is already mentioned, but i give it a try
--------------------
People know vaccinate can help against a lot of diseases, why not put it into the game and it work like the BTL chip, but instead of making people happy with +25 points and less awareness, the vaccinate will make the colonist immune for a specific time, maybe 1-5 years.
To make it more complicated, you could let them research by subjects, that means if someone get sick you can send your doc to cure and research that desease (another option besides "feed" and on).
Also that could create a new disease 'rabies' and anti-rabies inoculation.
So animals no longer get angry with no reason, they just have rabies, if you kill that animal your colonists can reasearch and find a anti-rabies inoculation to create.
So the new research table "labs", with that you need eggs and the dead infected animal or a trial of the infected colonist.
--------------------

This actually would make mad animals a little bit more dangerous since a bite from a rabid animal could, feasibly, kill a non inoculated person and would also spread the virus. Though perhaps simply add it to the pool instead of replacing insanity. I've had animals go mad when I have nothing set up before, and that was bad enough.

Alistaire

Verse.LanguageDatabase.LoadAllMetadata():

LanguageDatabase.defaultLanguage = LanguageDatabase.languages.FirstOrDefault((LoadedLanguage la) => la.folderName == LanguageDatabase.DefaultLangFolderName);
LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage = LanguageDatabase.languages.FirstOrDefault((LoadedLanguage la) => la.folderName == Prefs.LangFolderName);
if (LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage == null)
{
Prefs.LangFolderName = LanguageDatabase.DefaultLangFolderName;
LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage = LanguageDatabase.languages.FirstOrDefault((LoadedLanguage la) => la.folderName == Prefs.LangFolderName);
}
if (LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage == null || LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage == null)
{
Log.Error("No default language found!");
LanguageDatabase.defaultLanguage = LanguageDatabase.languages[0];
LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage = LanguageDatabase.languages[0];
}

if (LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage == null || LanguageDatabase.activeLanguage == null)

Better double check it, you never know with those public statics.

kesulin

I posted few days ago in independent post, but i think the idea can fit here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17928.0

I propose a shoot interrupt aim: if someone is aiming and is shot up he must be start aim again.

-This little change make combats more tactical, change importance of diferents weapons and make melee combat a really alternative.
-Long range weapons like snipers take a long time to aim, they must be far from combat if don't want interrupt every time.
-Melee colonist can move safely with help of other colonists, with friendly covering fire.

Maybe tynan must change some weapons stats or update ai for this, but I think it's a little change for a big improve on the game.

PD: sorry for my English

jzero

Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

mumblemumble

Crafting station "ownership". Should be pretty easy (just connecting permissions which already exist directly to the building) and would allow human butchering tables for ONLY the psychopaths / cannibals,  cooking stations set to people per area they live / work, ect
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Enginefoehammer

Have this page open in the background while I play so will keep updating this with any new ideas.

Enable animal corpse cremating - so any dead animal corpse can be disposed of

Rubber Bullets for the sentry guns - if you want to focus on capturing instead of just killing

Categories health overview with positive & negative effects - see what is beneficial and what is not more easily.

Torso enhancements - bad back, frail ? in the year 5055 you wold like to think they have an aid for this, after all you can replace peoples eyes.

sub category priority system - what if you want to haul weapons and apparel before furniture

Riot gear! - raids are like riots right ?

Animal traders - tame and breed animals for a profit

Timed lighting - why would you need the lights on in the day ?

Auto mining of veins discovered in a particular area

Research to increase efficiency (power mainly) and use less materials

create a way of having different games run different mods without having to constantly load and unload when you switch save games

Ability to 'upgrade' walls - construct a marble wall over a wood wall to replace it but without having to demolish and rebuild.

asanbr

Meat types in stockpile options should be sorted alphabetically

And everything else.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Reve

Add option to dress up prisoners with clothes we want. It's not a must-have, but it would make things easier for people playing in cold climate :)
English is not my native language, so.. feel free to correct me :P

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: kesulin on March 31, 2016, 06:05:16 AM
I posted few days ago in independent post, but i think the idea can fit here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17928.0

I propose a shoot interrupt aim: if someone is aiming and is shot up he must be start aim again.

-This little change make combats more tactical, change importance of diferents weapons and make melee combat a really alternative.
-Long range weapons like snipers take a long time to aim, they must be far from combat if don't want interrupt every time.
-Melee colonist can move safely with help of other colonists, with friendly covering fire.

Maybe tynan must change some weapons stats or update ai for this, but I think it's a little change for a big improve on the game.

PD: sorry for my English
Thats already a thing in rimworld.

GuesUserNameGUN

With the new prison break features coming in alpha 13, we need more options for stunning people than killing.
- Stun Sentry - does the same as a normal sentry, but with less damage and higher ability to knock someone out. does nothing to Armor also so less effective for raids.
- Tribal armor - wooden armor or cloth armor for tribal raids. would be useful if stun sentry is added
- Stun guns/stun Batons - Does extra damage to shields and people without armor
- Prison clothes - regulate what the prisoners wear. as in, strip their armor off