Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VlakvarkRSA

Aloha!

I'd really like to see a SitRep tab that shows highlights that need attention, such as so and so is sad because they are not the master of the animal they share a bond with, or this one is jealous of that one's room, all the things in the colony that need basic tweaking to maximize happiness / efficiency that are a bit difficult to spot by going through each colonists needs one by one. I'll form a list as I go along. I've encountered a few that I believe worth mentioning.

Not sure if this falls into the 'Cheap Idea' category but it can't hurt putting it out there.

Thanks for reading.
Vlakvark
Pew Pew

5thHorseman

I'd like to be able to tag things as important in ... well pretty much everywhere. And then have a tab at the bottom for "things you tagged as important."

Like for instance when 3 of by 7 colonists need a new arm, 2 others need a leg, and I found (but didn't currently want) jade in that cave that I don't want to dig yet, and a bandit camp that expires in 21 days but I need to wait for that caravan that got the mastework assault rifle to get back before I go. I'd love to be able to tag them all and then review them (or even have timed/event alerts for them).

Okay this is quickly becoming less of a cheap idea and more of an alarm clock mod idea.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

VlakvarkRSA

While deployed during expeditions (fending off man-hunters and such) I'd like an accessible "master inventory" that displays everything the party is carrying collectively. It is painful having to go through each pack animal to find a double bedroll so Bob can sleep with Daisy. Haha  ;)
Pew Pew

VlakvarkRSA

Beds assigned to certain colonists should remain assigned to those colonists, even when they're out on expeditions. I would be incredibly upset if I risked my neck on an expedition and returned to find someone else sleeping in my bed, in my room, instant berserk rage would ensue.
Pew Pew

VlakvarkRSA

Advanced helmets could have chinstraps and a military star insignia on the front so they don't look so similar to a tuque. Simple helmets should be classic army green.
Pew Pew

VlakvarkRSA

Installing bionic legs on joggers and fast walkers should allow them to walk slightly faster than ordinary pawns with bionic legs. Respectively, slowpokes with bionics should remain slightly slower than standard pawns with bionics.

It's a little disappointing that the effect does not stack, at least a little. Lets say IRL 10 people had bionic legs, their speed would certainly vary from person to person. The description states, joggers have a sense of urgency, compared to a sense of complacency. It's a mindset, not only a physical factor.
Pew Pew

5thHorseman

Apparel for colonists should be renamed to Gear everywhere, and guns should be added to it. So when your asthmatic hunter drops his gun on the ground for the 11th time, he actually goes and reequips it all by himself.

Or more importantly, your asthmatic brawler drops his weapon and doesn't even tell you he didn't reequip it until the scythers are dropping on your base and you're recruiting fighters.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

VlakvarkRSA

5th Horseman (awesome name, Metallica comes to mind)

Dude that is a great idea with the weapon assignment, this is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine! I definitely +1

Sorry for the spam, I have been searching for similar threads so I don't repeat stuff. Anyhoo, I have another suggestion, when building furniture it would be great to be able to see the amount of material available in the material list when choosing the type of material to build with. Example: building an armchair, you click arm chair and all available textiles pop up but not the amount of textile, like I know I got a good deal of muffalo leather, but if it displayed the exact amount next to the word "muffalo leather" I'd know how many armchairs I can assign to be built, rather than having to check manually on the list in the left. Likewise if I decide to build a bed, it should display the amount of wood, silver, stone etc.

On the topic of the left inventory list, textiles should have a little word of the animal type the leather belongs to, rather than have to hover the mouse over it to see it. Would just make for a more steam lined game experience. I know... I am lazy.
Pew Pew

Seeker89

I was pondering the idea of having a secondary slider of difficulty. The slider will control risks vs reward.  Giving us a better chance of getting better pawns and items but with the large chance of worse raids and more failure. the other way around making it easier for us with a low chance of better pawns and items. this could be locked in for a year so we can't take it back.
Thoughts?

AileTheAlien

That's pretty much what Randy Random does. (Or seems to do.) You get a wilder swing in dicerolls.

bier00t

Craftable tent as a temporary structure - gives you quick roof. Could be tent-walls or whole structure.

Klomster

If you just want a roof you can get a singular wall, and make a roof zone on it.
It can provide 5 roof tiles in all directions IIRC.

There, massive "tent" on the cheap :)

AileTheAlien

Metal Bridge: takes expensive steel, a bit ugly, but can support heavy structures.
Concrete bridge: less metal to build, way more ugly, can support heavy structures.

tyriaelsoban

Sidearms!
Lovin' needs to cause joy too, just sayin'  :P

NiftyAxolotl

Please split these colonist defects into two levels of severity:
- (Firebug) Pyromaniac
- Gourmand (Glutton)
- Abrasive (Caustic)

This would allow players who normally never accept Pyromaniacs to make exceptions for good Firebugs. And players who don't notice Rimworld social aspects would get hit hard by a Caustic colonist.

For the same reason, please rework these background attributes into traits
- Non-violent
    -> Squeamish: this colonist has an X% chance to have a Hide In Room break on seeing a human or animal die
    -> Pacifist: this colonist refuses to fight under any circumstances
- Incapable-of-dumb-labor
    -> Dignified: moves and works 50% slower while hauling or cleaning.
    -> Aristocratic: this colonist refuses to do any hauling or cleaning