Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

Could we make party spots a zone, or invisible? Same thing with the marriage and caravan packing spots, honestly. It kinda bothers me to have random squares/rectangles in the middle of my base.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Lonely Rogue

Oh, and a 'phase out plant' option in growing zones would be fantastic. With the current system, switching plants will almost certainly cause you to lose some growing time/harvest efficiency. I suggest that there be a setting that allows for existing plants to be harvested, and only then switch out the plant.
Ex. There's a 30% grown rice plant, but the growing zone has been switched to corn.
    Current Response) Cut down the rice plant to sow corn.
    Phase Out Plant Response) Wait until the rice has grown, then harvest it and replace it with corn.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Snafu_RW

Why not simply turn off sowing on the rice? It'll still be harvested, then you can retask the zone for corn & turn sowing back on..
Dom 8-)

Kiame

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 23, 2018, 10:43:01 AM
Could we make party spots a zone, or invisible? Same thing with the marriage and caravan packing spots, honestly. It kinda bothers me to have random squares/rectangles in the middle of my base.

Maybe instead of a square, make them a zone that's drawn similar to allowed ares

kacekov

Hardened steel Wall: 4steel+1plasteel to make, but unlike normal steel walls these are non flammable. would fit so good in a Steampunk style colony

jamaicancastle

Quote from: Snafu_RW on July 23, 2018, 12:04:07 PM
Why not simply turn off sowing on the rice? It'll still be harvested, then you can retask the zone for corn & turn sowing back on..
You lose time, because the rice plants will all be at different growth percentages. So the first one to finish gets harvested, and then that tile (and every subsequent one) lies fallow until the last one gets harvested. (+ time for you to notice and manually change settings.)

Bolgfred

Wooden Shield
tribal version of Wooden shield
Works in a similar way as the shield belt as giving a hitpoint-shield, but having only5-10 shield value, which is considered to make a wielder catch a single blow, but not a second.
Furthermore it reduces workspeed by -30% to make it a battle-only item
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Namsan

"Natural body" mood buff (+8) for Body purist colonists.
If they have no artificial body parts, they will get this thought.
In current build, body purists only have big disadvantages. So this addition would make them somewhat tolerable.
Hello

Raxbit

Multiple Allowed Areas -
Allow the user to select multiple allowed areas at the same time, in practice the user for example could create an area for a common area for all pawns, then a second area that includes specific rooms for a pawn to enter. The user would then select both these areas in the restrict tab, and the resultant area would be all the allowed area included in the selected areas. So common room + restricted room = allowed

AileTheAlien

Change the icon for pawns that can't self-tend at all. Make it the circle-with-bar thing / international "no symbol"?

Right now it's the same red X as pawns that just don't have self-tend enabled (compared to allowed at all). Or maybe it's a slightly different color of red? Either way, you don't really know until you click it, because you can't look side-by-side in the game.

Sirsir

Make disease letters all in one, so larger colonies don't get their screen filled with green. Something like "Disease: Plague x9"

Give animal medical emergencies a note.

Buff parties, right now its almost detrimental. A 4 mood buff for awhile in exchange for half a days work?

5thHorseman

Likewise, put caravan arrived notes in letters. I'd hate my caravan to starve because their 3-second note failed to catch my attention because I was doing the 30 other things I am always doing.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

nateyboy12

I just realized that there's a huge gap between chair ingredient necessities. Maybe add a padded chair in-between the normal chair and armchair so I don't need a bunch a cloth?

Love the game, keep up the great work!

DropbearNinja

When adding bills to a tailoring bench (and others) the info button shows you information about the bill.

But what I really want to compare is the stats on the item - I cant remember the difference between a tuque and a cowboy hat plus others.

suggestion: place product info somewhere accessible to the bill info tab. in the bill info tab, the product is already selectable, but clicking it doesn't do anything, perhaps clicking links to product info tab?

5thHorseman

When adding a medical bill to a person, the possible bills covers up the person's ailments. It'd be nice if it didn't do that, for those of use who always wonder if it was that pawn's right or left arm that got sliced off last battle and now needs a bionic replacement.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.