[WIP] Graphic pack: painterly textures

Started by nightblue, April 12, 2016, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

You can always try the 1% of opacity for background works in 97% of cases for me.
Also tree stump could use a black border insted of green one, eventualy the bottom part of leavs could use some darker border to

Regarding the walls what i mean is 2 more atlases for rock walls, and all of them have one the same connection point/stone, so they can conect with each other

This image shows the cell grid(64x64 per square)

Now on this image when you look at the rocks on the left cell they are connected to rocks on the right cell, this give them a ability to to be a coutious image. So if all yours rock atlases would have the same connection part they could be shuffled with parts .
So the left stone cell could use atlas 1 and the right could use atlas 3 but they still would be coutious image.

Anyways thats hard to explain for me ... will need to make/find better examples

Btw i love your stones , could you throw in the atlas and rock textures, would like to reverse enginner them :D

All i do is clutter all around.

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on April 15, 2016, 03:44:00 AMAlso tree stump could use a black border insted of green one, eventualy the bottom part of leavs could use some darker border to

Oh, no please, I rather like how they blend into the ground
the tops make them stand out form the surroundings enough already

I kinda wish the rock chunks did the same. Like kind of blend in the ground a bit so they seem like they're "rooted" in it, and not like floating above
If I'm making any sense (Which often is not the case)

skullywag

The quickest way ive found to remove the white lines is to set the background layer to black and set opacity to 1%. Which is what mrofa has suggested above. This hasnt failed me yet.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

nightblue

Hrmm I'll try the 1% opacity black BG thing for sure, although I suspect it's not a white border rather than transparency sorting issue.

Will disappear for a few days while chewing on the deadline.  Attaching the rock atlas though :)

I believe it's used as a multiply layer over solid colors, or is tinted some similar way, so I can't blend the bottom like I attempted with tree and grass.  Could try lightening the outline on the bottom and see how that goes.

Thanks again for all the help <3

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Don't mind me, just slacking off and having fun :)

ArtStation
DeviantArt

Listen1

Go get them! I'll mark this post to see your progress. Since I do not posses artistics abilities and am colorblind, the only thing I can offer is my personal feedback.

Which you shouldn't care because I may be seeing the wrong colors.

Little Hell

Awesome job! I'd love to see it finished... and in my game!

mrofa

Quote from: nightblue on April 15, 2016, 09:41:17 AM
Hrmm I'll try the 1% opacity black BG thing for sure, although I suspect it's not a white border rather than transparency sorting issue.

Will disappear for a few days while chewing on the deadline.  Attaching the rock atlas though :)

I believe it's used as a multiply layer over solid colors, or is tinted some similar way, so I can't blend the bottom like I attempted with tree and grass.  Could try lightening the outline on the bottom and see how that goes.

Thanks again for all the help <3

Thanks that is suprisingly easy and looks awsome, now i only need to get some imagination :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Wivex

Why black magic is this? How can that be so good? Is it free to use for other mods?

lance789

Any ETA of when this mod will be done? this is gorgeous! :D

nightblue

Hey guys, very sorry for the extended MIA.  the intent is for this to be free to use for everybody, including modders (please give a nod/credit, just for good form)  if they prefer a different style for their visuals.

attaching some of the textures.  the ground textures are too large and I'll find a different host when i have more time :)

ArtStation
DeviantArt

nightblue

more textures

ArtStation
DeviantArt

nightblue

some more random bits, also putting rock atlas here again just in case.

ArtStation
DeviantArt

nightblue

plants.  ok that's mostly what I've got so far :)

be back soon I hope.  If you need to get ahold of me, take Mrofa's cue and poke me on the modding slack haha

ArtStation
DeviantArt

Listen1

Quote from: nightblue on June 03, 2016, 08:59:06 AM
plants.  ok that's mostly what I've got so far :)

be back soon I hope.  If you need to get ahold of me, take Mrofa's cue and poke me on the modding slack haha

Thank you for your hard work. Soon steam release will be a thing, so hope you can expand on this and make the game even prettier.

milon

Wow, those are GORGEOUS!  Seriously, nightblue, you should nominate this for inclusion in vanilla.  It looks much more natural than the current 2D-paper-cut-out's we currently have.

*subscribed*