What are your BIG ideas for Rimworld

Started by Bodog999, February 02, 2014, 03:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodog999

First I want to say sorry if somebody already has make this kind of topic.

Second what would you like to see in Rimworld which are BIG things or things that are hard to implement?

Here are a few of me.

• Watch Towers. You can build them for extra vision and better range for snipers.
  • Land Mines. When you have just researched them they will ignite for every target colonists raiders and animals, when you research them further you can set when they explode. Note: you can ignite them by hand they have to be triggered
  • Plant Destroyer Mk I. Well its what it says, It destroys plants (very hand for clearing plants near your base so when there is 1 little fire it wont spread.
    • Plant Destroyer Mk II. This one destroys the plants and also disables plant growing on the ground. (you can still put a hydroponics table on it and grow there)
  • Rock Rubble Destroyer. It destroys rock rubble in seconds so you can get rid of it fast, So you dont have to blow it up. Note: You have to research this item.
  • More colored carpets. Yay rainbow base!
    • Carpet Fiber. Carpets now use wool or some kind of fiber. (can be bought from a furniture trader or crafted).
  • Better Turrets. Well we all know turrets are rubbish and are only able to be used as a bomb. Now with some extra research you get get more range, damage, accuracy, health and the ability to change the LG-15 to a minigun and back! (minigun has to be bought from a combat supplier. Ps you can get the minigun in alpha 1 by spawning him in)
  • Bulletproof Vests. When equipped colonists get 20-30% less damage. Durability will degrade over time. (only able to get by buying or crafting)
    • Juggernaut Suit. Bulletproof suit wich protects colonists fully and when equipped 95% less damage. But also slows colonist down by 75% and only when equipped this suit the colonist is able to shoot with minigun also unable to shoot from cover so you can have him hiding behind a wall but he doesnt get around it to shoot! Target size is 150%.
  • Different Traits Traits like night vision so they can see better in the night than others. Night blind so they see very less only when somebody shoots he knows where to shoot. Eagle-eye they have a natural better accuracy so shooting an melee are better.
Give some of your BIG ideas in here. :)

Stormkiko

QuoteJuggernaut Suit. Bulletproof suit wich protects colonists fully and when equipped 95% less damage. But also slows colonist down by 75% and only when equipped this suit the colonist is able to shoot with minigun also unable to shoot from cover so you can have him hiding behind a wall but he doesnt get around it to shoot! Target size is 150%.

I feel like you just finished playing GTA V..

Bodog999

I already finished it but I dont know what the real name is.

Bodog999

• Hardened Walls. These kind of walls have more health cost 6 metal and are fireproof we dont want our base burned down.
    • Fireproof Power Conduits. Just like the name says power conduits that dont catch fire.
  • Sprinkler System. When theres fire in your base it goes off and puts the fire(s) out needs a water spring to be able to work
  • Bunkers. Big placeable objects cost 300 metal to build and colonist can go in it and get 80% cover have also a wide FoV.
  • Windows. Just like doors need to be placed between walls and let sunlight pass trough it, cost 1 metal and conducts power. (power conduit goes up or underneath the window)
    • Combat Windows. Same as normal windows also conducts power and has more health, cost 3 metal and colonists are able to shoot trough it also has a wide FoV and gives 70% cover.
  • Fire Hose and Fire Extinguisher. Fire Hose: You have to place it on a wall in/out doors when there is fire 2 or more colonists grab it and walk to the fire and put it out needs constant water supply.
    Fire Extinguisher: Also needs to be placed on a wall 1-time use and only needs 1 colonist to handle, needs to be bought from traders or re-filled with Co2 needs to be place in/out doors and extinguish fires faster by 100%.
  • Water Ponds. Ponds of water wich randomly spawn around the map can be used to extinguish fires also can be used to give a constant water supply to fire hoses. When raiders land by re-entry they lose a bit of H2O in their body and after landing they want to drink something they go to the nearest pond and perhaps you could put something in the water to change it  ;)
    • Diggable Ponds Colonists can dig their own ponds to supply a water source so they dont have to walk a big distance to drink.
      • Water Conduits Special water conduits to transport water can also be used to catch water while its raining.

Ps. Walls also have water conduits in them and you can place water conduits underground.

Hope you like the ideas.

Bodog999

• Weapon Upgrades. You are able to upgrade weapons with better scopes, magazines and grip
  • Placeable Rocks. You research a machine wich can move rock blocks to an another location
  • Seasons. You get the winter spring summer and attum season all have their own pros and cons. For the winter season you need thick clothes, in the summer thin clothes. And perhaps maps/worlds with only a cold or warm season.
  • Rivers. When we get bigger maps we can probably dig rivers or naturally spawned rivers, and we can dig around our base to defend it.
  • Animals and pets. It would be fun to see more wild animals like pigs, cows, sheeps, wolves, dogs You can capture/tame the wild animals, you can get a little farm going or try to tame dogs/wolves and the colonists get happier.
    • Dog/Wolf Cages. Buildable cages to keep dogs/wolfs in so they dont run away.

divious

I've also suggested something along the lines of your ponds.

About placing rocks. The current incarnation of the Alpha allows you to set up the dumping zone in any shape you'd like. So you can actually tailor the dumping zone to where you want it, select to only debris and alter the storage priority to critical and the rocks will be organised as you selected.

Bodog999

Quote from: divious on February 05, 2014, 08:11:16 AM
I've also suggested something along the lines of your ponds.

About placing rocks. The current incarnation of the Alpha allows you to set up the dumping zone in any shape you'd like. So you can actually tailor the dumping zone to where you want it, select to only debris and alter the storage priority to critical and the rocks will be organised as you selected.
I actually mean the rocks you mine not the rock debris

Yonben

Hi :)
I just have a few littles idea I thought of after reading all the things about the new silver and others, maybe someone already thought about something similar but here goes:
- I'd like a way to "book" a room for a colonist, like, it's HIS(HER) room, it would be kinda cool.
&
-What if, after a research, colonists would be able to carry a certain amount of silver and be able to use it for different stuff (I know it would kind of transform this game from RimWorld to RimCity but it's just a thought :) ), like to buy stuff for themselve (or for their room :p)

Nasikabatrachus

1. Make violence much less common but more lethal and with long-term psychological effects.

2. Internal politics among colonists in which alliances are regularly made and leadership changes arise organically.

Karakoran

I'd like to see more options for things like travelers passing through your area. Rather than some random dude you don't care about that you decide to either recruit, enslave, or ignore it would be nice if there were more options. Perhaps the ability to sell things to them, to find information about the area around your base (once we get much larger maps), and the possibility of recruiting them by doing things other than arresting them and inducing Stockholm Syndrome. Stuff like that.

Bodog999

This one is all about raiders.

• Colonist Raiders. Raiders that dont stand around for a day and than attack, instead when we get bigger maps they shall make a base and stay on the planet. They can get mad at you when you come to close or they dont attack you untill you attack them, there can come more groups of raiders they make a base and also colonist the planet. So you can attack bases instead of they only attacking you.
    • Friendly ''Raiders''. They dont attack and just colonist the planet like you.
  • Smarter Raiders. Now raiders go to the nearest structure and set it on fire while its far away from your main base, Like when you moved out of the old base to a new base they should go after the colonists instead of the nearest structure, But they will destroy power lines.
  • Real Raiders. Now raiders just go and kill all the colonists, But what if they incapacitate colonist bring them to a bed give them some food and steal recources.
Thats it for this one little small but I couldnt get more ideas.

colonistPally

I want my characters to level up as well as have real relationships... And if they leave I want it to actually be impactful where they give a legitimate explanation and turn it into a whole sequence instead of just an fyi on the side.