[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakie

Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 04:13:43 AM
Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 04:05:52 AM
Quote from: nakie on June 17, 2016, 03:55:37 AM
Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 03:46:23 AM
Damn.. I really dont have mods that should conflict. Maybe  Rimfire? Attached is a picture of my mod-folder. Any ideas?

EDIT: one other thing I found out was strange. Even though out of bullets, colonist still went hunting and just kept shooting (empty shots) without bullets and notifications of out ofammo.
When you installed that mod, did you restart the game before making a new world? That's important. If you don't CR does alot of weird stuff just like the one you're describing.

EDIT: Also are you using the CR-compatible version of Rimfire?

Probably no and no (did not know CR was part of this mod) :D. Thanks for the hints! Will make a new world..

Oh snap, now no world can be created. It just brings it back to the screen with the generate-button :((..

That's a weird glitch you're having. Try reinstalling the mod, restarting creating another world. I also notice in your mod list tht you don't have edb mod order installed. What are you doing to order your mods? This mod contains CCL and CCL needs to be loaded right after "Core". No mod should be loaded before it that's why you need to order your mod loading.

Sieppo

Quote from: nakie on June 17, 2016, 04:34:11 AM
Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 04:13:43 AM
Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 04:05:52 AM
Quote from: nakie on June 17, 2016, 03:55:37 AM
Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 03:46:23 AM
Damn.. I really dont have mods that should conflict. Maybe  Rimfire? Attached is a picture of my mod-folder. Any ideas?

EDIT: one other thing I found out was strange. Even though out of bullets, colonist still went hunting and just kept shooting (empty shots) without bullets and notifications of out ofammo.
When you installed that mod, did you restart the game before making a new world? That's important. If you don't CR does alot of weird stuff just like the one you're describing.

EDIT: Also are you using the CR-compatible version of Rimfire?

Probably no and no (did not know CR was part of this mod) :D. Thanks for the hints! Will make a new world..

Oh snap, now no world can be created. It just brings it back to the screen with the generate-button :((..

That's a weird glitch you're having. Try reinstalling the mod, restarting creating another world. I also notice in your mod list tht you don't have edb mod order installed. What are you doing to order your mods? This mod contains CCL and CCL needs to be loaded right after "Core". No mod should be loaded before it that's why you need to order your mod loading.

Mod order should be ok. CCL is loaded at number two. I deleted everything and now the world was created, just not on the default size. If not working, Ill check the edb mod order out. Thanks again for the help :)!

Grogfeld

U la la, Sieppo, you really shouldn't install so many mods. Jack added and adjusted many mods so they feel better in long gameplay. It's really important to play it only as it is and maybe install mods that improve UI.
Here is my mods that shouldn't conflict with game notice Hospitality (new beds only for visitors, visitors can be recruited and help to improve relations it's CR compatible):

<li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>ARBRealisticResearch</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.1.2</li>
    <li>HaulPriorityLiteFull</li>
    <li>LT_NoCleaningPlease-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>Fluffy_Tabs-13.0.1.2</li>
    <li>EdBInventory</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>Rimusic</li>
    <li>StorageSearch-master</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>kNumbers-0.4.3.1-A13</li>
    <li>TRCaravans</li> 

As you can see there are no additional game changing mods.

VERY IMPORTANT:  Almost all mods from your list are in this mod, but are hidden in research tree. Your first gameplay should be with raw ARBRealisticResearch. Look into assemblies folder and remove all this mods,that you installed that are in this folder but really try ARBRealisticResearch without additional mods, add maybe only this that I presented because they help and not change gamplay. :)

Loadout Generator is from CR, probably one of mods have conflict with it.

Sieppo

Quote from: Grogfeld on June 17, 2016, 06:27:37 AM
U la la, Sieppo, you really shouldn't install so many mods. Jack added and adjusted many mods so they feel better in long gameplay. It's really important to play it only as it is and maybe install mods that improve UI.
Here is my mods that shouldn't conflict with game notice Hospitality (new beds only for visitors, visitors can be recruited and help to improve relations it's CR compatible):

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>EdBInventory</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>Rimusic</li>
    <li>TRCaravans</li> 

VERY IMPORTANT:  Almost all mods from your list are in this mod, but are hidden in research tree. Your first gameplay should be with raw ARBRealisticResearch. Look into assemblies folder and remove all this mods,that you installed that are in this folder but really try ARBRealisticResearch without additional mods, add maybe only this that I presented because they help and not change gamplay. :)

Thanks! I removed rimfire and still problem with loadout. Will now remove more of the mods and try again.

Sieppo

Quote from: Sieppo on June 17, 2016, 06:32:13 AM
Quote from: Grogfeld on June 17, 2016, 06:27:37 AM

<li>Core</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>EdBInventory</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>Rimusic</li>
    <li>TRCaravans</li> 

Thanks! I removed rimfire and still problem with loadout. Will now remove more of the mods and try again.

Removed all other mods than this one and it works. Should have done it in the first place. Sorry to bother you :)..

Astral

Found an odd (and hilarious) bug with bots: One of my colonists started a social fight with one of the hauler bots due to the bot slighting them as a lazy worker vs a hard worker. They also attend marriages/parties.

Colonists and robots also can get stuck in a Stand position, which requires either a lot of time or a manual order to take care of.

Also noticed that carts occasionally are dropped off at ammo storage boxes. If they are dispensed from these, they disappear.

I feel that the ammo storage crates take far too much micromanagement (especially if you maintain a variety of ammunition types and calibers), and would like to see the normal quantum storage show up as a researchable option in the mid-late game. Ammo storage also doesn't follow the "Build until you have X" type of crafting to ensure a steady amount of ammo.

LetheNyx

Quote from: Astral on June 17, 2016, 01:23:51 PM
Found an odd (and hilarious) bug with bots: One of my colonists started a social fight with one of the hauler bots due to the bot slighting them as a lazy worker vs a hard worker. They also attend marriages/parties.

That's actually with the Misc mod not this one... it happens in my favorite streamers colonies all the time.

AllenWL

Apparently, this is not compatible with the zombie mod. The zombies arrive, but just stand there doing nothing.

As a side note, I think the bots starting social fights and stuff is because they're modified colonists.

squirrel gnut

How do I get Blank Books? Have played mod for 12+ hours and still haven't figured out how to craft blank books. Love the mod, but some of the item functionality is a mystery.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: squirrel gnut on June 18, 2016, 10:22:54 AM
How do I get Blank Books? Have played mod for 12+ hours and still haven't figured out how to craft blank books. Love the mod, but some of the item functionality is a mystery.

You "Bind Books" at the writing table. To do this you will require 20 paper and 5 leather per book. Paper can be made using the brewery.

To find things like this out you can usually just use the help tab towards the lower right. It will pop open a window that you can type things into which will hyperlink to all the stuff you will need to know.

Minnigin

Quote from: LetheNyx on June 17, 2016, 06:55:35 PM
Quote from: Astral on June 17, 2016, 01:23:51 PM

That's odd, since the newest update my robots dont even have a social tab let alone talk and start fights lol weird

Voker57

Bug (?): Writing reference books uses and improved Research skill, but somehow only colonists with Art enabled do it.

Grogfeld

Quote from: Voker57 on June 18, 2016, 03:59:48 PM
Bug (?): Writing reference books uses and improved Research skill, but somehow only colonists with Art enabled do it.

It's how tables work, there could be only one work-giver/job attached to that table/workbench. Writing desk is used by Artist, so everything is linked to that work-giver, but recipes have is own skill restrictions/usage and writing reference book use/improve research skill. It's not a problem because recipes, most of the time, have high skill requirement, so even if you give artist work to your research and actual artist then your artist will not go write reference books because he has less research skill then required.

darkedone02

I would like this mod better if only there was functional turrets in the architect menu, also in the build menu, I've noticed 6 mortal turrets of the same thing.

nakie

Quote from: darkedone02 on June 19, 2016, 12:40:00 AM
I would like this mod better if only there was functional turrets in the architect menu, also in the build menu, I've noticed 6 mortal turrets of the same thing.
You make turrets at the machining table. This would make an uninstalled furniture item that you cn place to make a turret.

As for the mortars, it's apparently from having God Mode turned on. Turn it off and the duplicate mortars would be gone from the menu.

EDIT: Here, explanation:

Quote from: jackarbiter on June 14, 2016, 01:25:20 AM
Quote from: Minnigin on June 13, 2016, 09:11:22 PM
just updated and new recipes are there now, but in security tab there's 6 81mm mortars, all the same

You can only see those with god mode on. You'll see three 81mm in god mode with just Combat Realism (2 are locked with CCL's research locker, they need to be there to make sieges work in CR) and you'll see 6 with my mod (5 are locked with CCL's research locker, the last 2 are probably unnecessary but I kept them in just in case there was some strange workaround that required them).

CCL's research locker can't keep things hidden in god mode since it works via research and god mode removes research requirements.