[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

From what i have experienced : they don't cool things under 20°/21° C - They're just meant to ease things a bit during early Heat-Wave

I found an explanation from cuproPanda himself (the original modder) :
QuoteThe lowest cooling it will provide is 24C (~75F). If the rooms temperature is below this, the tower won't use water or cool the air
It's not as strong as a cooler, so if the room is bigger than around 15x6, it will take a while
The weather affects the cooling strength, so if it is raining, foggy, etc., that weakens the strength
Closed vent means it does nothing - I was going to make the tower bring toxic fallout inside if the vent was open, but I changed my mind. Now the vent is just an off switch of sorts
If you see the water level going down, that means it's working

Kitsune

Thank you, at least i have now the electric coolers and my refrigator works perfekt. ;D

CFSapper

Love the mod so far, exactly what I was looking for, minus one thing no Colonist Bar :P gonna add one on my next play through. maybe think of adding it to the "modpack"?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: CFSapper on July 03, 2016, 09:06:21 AM
Love the mod so far, exactly what I was looking for, minus one thing no Colonist Bar :P gonna add one on my next play through. maybe think of adding it to the "modpack"?

I add:
EdB Colonist Bar
Stonecutting Tweak
StorageSearch
LT_NoCleaningPlease

oh and also the NoRaiderATV addon to this mod.

I use these all with no problems, makes for a great game!

Kitsune

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 03, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

I add:
EdB Colonist Bar
Stonecutting Tweak
StorageSearch
LT_NoCleaningPlease

If i use the nocleaningplease my colonists are not doing anything what i say. I even can not tell them to haul something with right click.  :o

kaptain_kavern

I think it's important to put No_Cleaning near the bottom of the modlist i guess

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Kitsune on July 03, 2016, 12:21:37 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 03, 2016, 10:01:15 AM

I add:
EdB Colonist Bar
Stonecutting Tweak
StorageSearch
LT_NoCleaningPlease

If i use the nocleaningplease my colonists are not doing anything what i say. I even can not tell them to haul something with right click.  :o

Here is how my mods are setup (my modsconfig file):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1135</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>ARBRealisticResearch</li>
    <li>ARBNoRaiderATVs</li>
    <li>StorageSearch</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>LT_NoCleaningPlease-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

No issues of any kind.

One not so obvious tip. Make sure you never enter the mods menu option without exiting/re-starting the game. Even if you changed nothing, you still need to do this! That was my big mistake back when I first started using mods. I would get everything installed correctly. Exit, restart, and then go into mods to make sure everything was still OK. Then I would create the world. Bam, at this point I was going to have problems due to not having restarted after going into that menu again and just didn't realize it yet.

Katarumi

I have hit an...interesting...problem.

Here is a screenshot of the problem. http://i.imgur.com/QiwjEqj.jpg

Now that my colonist has two upgraded bionic arms, he is unable to equip basic tools. I don't yet know if it applies to other tool types. Unfortunately, this makes him pretty useless for everything but shooting and doctoring...but he's really, *really* good at those. xD

Kitsune

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 03, 2016, 08:12:01 PM
Here is how my mods are setup (my modsconfig file):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>1135</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>ARBRealisticResearch</li>
    <li>ARBNoRaiderATVs</li>
    <li>StorageSearch</li>
    <li>EdBColonistBar</li>
    <li>LT_NoCleaningPlease-0.13.0.1</li>
    <li>Stonecutting Tweak</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

No issues of any kind.

One not so obvious tip. Make sure you never enter the mods menu option without exiting/re-starting the game. Even if you changed nothing, you still need to do this! That was my big mistake back when I first started using mods. I would get everything installed correctly. Exit, restart, and then go into mods to make sure everything was still OK. Then I would create the world. Bam, at this point I was going to have problems due to not having restarted after going into that menu again and just didn't realize it yet.

Will try it to set it on bottom of the list. :D

Edit: Hm dont know, have it at the last entry in the list but it dont work, at least on my actual colony, maybe i need a fresh world? :/

AllenWL

I think I said this before, but the foundations research, which says 'unlocks beds', does not, in fact, unlock beds.

Kitsune

Quote from: AllenWL on July 07, 2016, 04:25:51 AM
I think I said this before, but the foundations research, which says 'unlocks beds', does not, in fact, unlock beds.

As far i remember, the foundation research unlocks the cloth padded sleeping spot or i'm wrong? And i think its ok with that because, it is somehow a bed. ;)

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Kitsune on July 07, 2016, 04:32:02 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on July 07, 2016, 04:25:51 AM

As far i remember, the foundation research unlocks the cloth padded sleeping spot or i'm wrong? And i think its ok with that because, it is somehow a bed. ;)

I believe you are correct. And I also a agree it is a bed, a bad one mind you, but still a bed.

Korn.Mil

Hey, is this mod compatible with combat realism? I getting these errors, maybe i am doing something wrong?

Kitsune

Quote from: Korn.Mil on July 07, 2016, 04:58:29 PM-snip-

If, what i think, you try to use combat realism beside this mod, you dont need it. Its somewhat build in. ;) If i'm wrong and
you get the error with only this mod, i sadly have no idea what is wrong. :D

Edit: Yes, on first site in the description, "CR included".

Korn.Mil

Quote from: Kitsune on July 07, 2016, 05:58:08 PM
Quote from: Korn.Mil on July 07, 2016, 04:58:29 PM-snip-

If, what i think, you try to use combat realism beside this mod, you dont need it. Its somewhat build in. ;) If i'm wrong and
you get the error with only this mod, i sadly have no idea what is wrong. :D

Edit: Yes, on first site in the description, "CR included".

You mean if i instal this mod, i dont need CR ? :D its already included?