[A10] Project Armory (v.3.00)

Started by Evul, February 05, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Happy holidays!

The Project Armory Dev team want to wish you all a happy holidays! This will to some extent slow down the development a little more then the normal slow. :)

Especial from my (Evul) side cause I'm not home. There for i will be able to work after the holidays. :)

Se you all back then! (Will be on the forum cause i have a phone with internet) but i will not be able to make anything to the mod.

Edit:
I also whant to add that the mod have over 1833 downloads since the release on the 16th December! Thank you all for the support feedback and reports cause its with you all of you we make this project work!

Manly

Happy Holidays Evul!!

Thanks for your efforts on this (and others!) amazing mod!!

mrofa

Maye the santa drop you drop pod with potatos ! :D
All i do is clutter all around.

RiPCorD5A1

Evul

Quote from: RiPCorD5A1 on December 22, 2014, 04:12:18 PM
can you update your gun list please.

Don't have list my self but I can try to make one. Cause we need one definitely.

Evul

If some one whant to nerd them self in completely in accrasy: http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=257#bugnotes

There i have a on the way system for determining a acceuasy on weapons from diffrent questions and parameters.

EDIT:
The system is not complete and can be modified heavely and have diffrent formula instead of just plus and minus.

general222291

Is it a know bug that hostiles that com out of cytosleep pods always have vanilla weapons? I'm too lazy to look through the 74 pages of comments 😝
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

Evul

Quote from: general223 on December 23, 2014, 03:26:51 AM
Is it a know bug that hostiles that com out of cytosleep pods always have vanilla weapons? I'm too lazy to look through the 74 pages of comments

Never been brought up and did not even know about that. I can take a look at it and Se if we can fix it :)

EDIT:
Task added: http://dev.evul.nu/mantis/view.php?id=361

thefinn

I'd like to see all weapon spawns change for this mod tbh..

It's like this.. You start the game and can get 1 guy who has a nice gun early, and it unbalances the game totally. Or you wait for the groups to get a bit bigger 5-6 guys and kinda never have to worry about weapons again.

I wonder if there's a better balance mechanic than just a % chance of drop.. ? Maybe some kind of timer/checkpoint system where you pass a certain point in the game (dunno exactly what?) before certain kinds of weapons start to appear.. ?

Just a thought, have always loved the mod in TTM ;)

Merry Xmas all.

Evul

Quote from: thefinn on December 23, 2014, 08:46:54 AM
I'd like to see all weapon spawns change for this mod tbh..

It's like this.. You start the game and can get 1 guy who has a nice gun early, and it unbalances the game totally. Or you wait for the groups to get a bit bigger 5-6 guys and kinda never have to worry about weapons again.

I wonder if there's a better balance mechanic than just a % chance of drop.. ? Maybe some kind of timer/checkpoint system where you pass a certain point in the game (dunno exactly what?) before certain kinds of weapons start to appear.. ?

Just a thought, have always loved the mod in TTM ;)

Merry Xmas all.

Weapon spawning is based on cost and the mod have, at the moment, prity much random cost on the weapons. I am making a new way of handeling cowt acceuasy and range on the way.

Anyway;
Raiders gain a bag of on each spawn giving them a weapon they can afford. So one way of handeling this would be look over the cost.

Edit: Noticed my awesome spelling got the best of me!  XD " each raider get a bag of money each and then take a weapon they can afford.

Evul

On a development note:
IF someone whant to help me out with this it would be awesome :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15CPUFOkqSB0E-9dxOuDs5wr-_nMIdfwXdbt06Z7_VZw/edit?usp=docslist_api

That is a question form that will help us estimate acceuasy, warmup, cooldown, and cost and other paras that we can make up.

Evul

it is a experiment if it work yet i don't know.
If not i scrap it and throw my back to the drawingtable.

LittleMikey

Quote from: Evul on December 25, 2014, 04:57:00 PM
On a development note:
IF someone whant to help me out with this it would be awesome :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15CPUFOkqSB0E-9dxOuDs5wr-_nMIdfwXdbt06Z7_VZw/edit?usp=docslist_api

That is a question form that will help us estimate acceuasy, warmup, cooldown, and cost and other paras that we can make up.

I have no life so I'm happy to help you out! What do you need me to do?

Evul

Hehe awesome :)
The document contains question and each question subtract or add to the startstat.
First thing is to make the questions so it more or less make unique stats to a weapon by just running it thro. Also that it I'd you follow the vanilla weapons stats end up with the vanilla weapon stats. :)

Or if you have a better way if estimating weapon stats feel free to make it up :)

LittleMikey

Quote from: Evul on December 26, 2014, 07:50:15 AM
Hehe awesome :)
The document contains question and each question subtract or add to the startstat.
First thing is to make the questions so it more or less make unique stats to a weapon by just running it thro. Also that it I'd you follow the vanilla weapons stats end up with the vanilla weapon stats. :)

Or if you have a better way if estimating weapon stats feel free to make it up :)

Aah I see! Sounds very similar to something that I was working on for a mod for another game called Towns.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnZWMbKtqTg3dHhKS2tZWkYzY3dlMlp6dldoQTg0WGc#gid=0 never finished it but I wanted a way to automatically balance weapons and armour. (You can edit the values for each material type and the sheet will auto-calculate item costs)
I'll see what I can come up with, but the way you're doing it seems rather good so far!