[A13] - Darkness Revamp (v1.0) - Now with addons !

Started by cram, May 05, 2016, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cram

Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 03:22:14 PM
Quote from: cram on May 05, 2016, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
Is it purely aesthetic (same as the game) or are there combat modifiers in it as well? 

For example, people in darker areas harder to hit, lighter areas easier?

Read the notes ! ;)

That's fine that it alters statistics, but it doesn't answer my question.  It just says that it reduces accuracy.

If a colonist is shooting from the dark and a target is in the light, there shouldn't be an accuracy decrease.  Conversely, a raider coming from light trying to shoot at colonists that are in the dark should have an accuracy decrease.

From the description, it sounds like anyone in the "night" (or inclement weather, which is fair) receives the decrease in accuracy.  Does that include being inside but in the dark (i.e., behind an embrasure)?

Alright i understand, so, nope, but it could be a great add to this mod, i'll write it down ;).

nuschler22

Quote from: cram on May 05, 2016, 03:41:14 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 03:22:14 PM
Quote from: cram on May 05, 2016, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on May 05, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
Is it purely aesthetic (same as the game) or are there combat modifiers in it as well? 

For example, people in darker areas harder to hit, lighter areas easier?

Read the notes ! ;)

That's fine that it alters statistics, but it doesn't answer my question.  It just says that it reduces accuracy.

If a colonist is shooting from the dark and a target is in the light, there shouldn't be an accuracy decrease.  Conversely, a raider coming from light trying to shoot at colonists that are in the dark should have an accuracy decrease.

From the description, it sounds like anyone in the "night" (or inclement weather, which is fair) receives the decrease in accuracy.  Does that include being inside but in the dark (i.e., behind an embrasure)?

Alright i understand, so, nope, but it could be a great add to this mod, i'll write it down ;).

Excellent. Thanks.

Highlandman

Even when you target a fully lit enemy during the night there should still be a accuracy penalty. I would further suggest 2 tiers of darkness if it is possible:

1: Full, general darkness, anywhere on the map where there is not enough light;

2: Semi-darkness penalty when a colonist is in darkness but shooting a lit target/in the light but shooting a target in the shadow; and the same of course for the enemies.

Maybe it's not possible, just my 2 cents. :P

Korn.Mil

Its very nice mod :) But when night comes with rainy fog its just impossible to play, its too rough!

cram

Well, i guess you're supposed to build light asap when you start a new world, but i'll look after the mod and make a slightly brighter version of it. ;)

cram

Quote from: Highlandman on May 05, 2016, 08:42:04 PM
Even when you target a fully lit enemy during the night there should still be a accuracy penalty. I would further suggest 2 tiers of darkness if it is possible:

1: Full, general darkness, anywhere on the map where there is not enough light;

2: Semi-darkness penalty when a colonist is in darkness but shooting a lit target/in the light but shooting a target in the shadow; and the same of course for the enemies.

Maybe it's not possible, just my 2 cents. :P

I'll write down this idea too, seems fun to do ;).

cram

Added the Slightly Brighter version !
You can find it in the Download part of the thread !

Enjoy ;).

silentlord

perfect the way it is.... its supposed to be dark... now just need zombie back and imagine the terror then! you certainly don't want complete darkness and hordes of zombies.

thank you very much for this mod, missed it greatly.

hwfanatic

Thanks. Two questions:
QuoteDarkness Revamp brings new changes from the original mod as the night and weathers will now affect pawns accuracy, movement speed, and manipulating.
Light and weather already affect pawns' accuracy, so my question is: to what extent have the values been altered by your mod and what has been added? Can you make a table as an example?

2. Are you planning a version that doesn't affect the game beyond visual representation?

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on May 05, 2016, 03:19:02 PM
Marked for the future,

Id like to see out side lights that won't blow a hole in my wall when it rains so i can see out side
What do you mean? Standing lamps don't explode in bad weather.

Garr1971

Fluffy (l2032)

a; it's actually pretty cool - and the effect is hardly meaningless.
b; if you're going to criticize, at least do it in a way that's constructive.
c; if you just want to be an arse, do it somewhere else.

cram

Quote from: hwfanatic on May 06, 2016, 08:42:18 AM
Thanks. Two questions:
QuoteDarkness Revamp brings new changes from the original mod as the night and weathers will now affect pawns accuracy, movement speed, and manipulating.
Light and weather already affect pawns' accuracy, so my question is: to what extent have the values been altered by your mod and what has been added? Can you make a table as an example?

2. Are you planning a version that doesn't affect the game beyond visual representation?

You're welcome !
1. Well, as an example, if your accuracy has a normal value of 1, this mod reduces it at ~ 0.8-0.9, Didnt want to nerf it too much, otherwise it would be too hard to play with this mod. (Maybe i can make a hardcore version of it ?)

2. Well, since the statistics nerf arent THAT big, theres no need to do another version of it, but if it is really demanded, i could do a visual only version.

panggul_mas

Here's a little add-on for Darkness Revamp that adds two simple lights to help you get through the night!

1. A simple torch that is cheap to build but doesn't provide any heat, and only lasts long enough to get you through the darkest part of the night.

2. A weather-proof outdoor utility light.

mod by panggul_mas

Special thanks to :

-Viceroy, for the original Darkness mod
-cram, for reviving the mod as Darkness Revamp for A13
-Shinzy, for the outdoor lamp texture
-cuproPanda, for the torch base texture
-many others from the very helpful and friendly slack community

Download HERE

silentlord

i like the torch idea, very `Don't Starve` like.... however useless for me! lol.... i only play extreme ice biomes where the warmest temp is -40c. and ice sheet don't have alot of trees.

what i really want is a high powered searchlight, that damned Randy always seems to send raids at night, can't see a damned thing. :P

cram

Darkness Revamp Lights! addon is up !

Check it out here !