[WIP] (Alpha 8) Arachnid Threat (v.1.02) [Progress: 36% (141218 0147)]

Started by Evul, February 09, 2014, 08:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Quote from: mmance on June 15, 2014, 06:15:35 PM
This mod is really cool.  I love Starship Troopers.  Might I suggest allowing towers to target the bugs.  The last few games a swarm of 30-40 bugs wipe me out and my towers just sit there.  At least allow the option.

Marc

Good work on your mod.
Thx! :)
I'm currently working on it :)

polip1337

Quote from: Bilxx1 on June 08, 2014, 05:16:49 PM
This is a lot of fun and not too tough once you get a way of dealing with the bug horde worked out. Its extra meat now.
How do you deal with them then?

I find this mod quite hard, around day 150 in game, arachnids destroy my colony without any problem, and my colonists are good shots equiped with the highest dps weapons. Unstacking them would solve at least part of the problem.

Evul

Arachnid Threat 1.02 released!

Thx mrofa and Haplo for the help you provided! The turrets do now kill bugs. This version only add this feature.
Enjoy the hordes of buggs!

Download:

Kumai0214

Wooo.. Now i don't know if I want to use this along with zombie apoc or not hehehe..

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 25, 2014, 07:59:00 PM
Wooo.. Now i don't know if I want to use this along with zombie apoc or not hehehe..

Zombie arachnids! Your base are belongs to them!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

Wow 1k of bugs sounds harsh I gonna se if I can make it possible to lower the amount some so it get more balanced.

It is possible to combine mutants zombies and bugs! More moster encounters for everyone! :D

On another note: if there is someone out there that can handle AI and AI behaviors it would be awesome if you could help me!

Evul

Quote from: Encode on June 27, 2014, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Evul on June 27, 2014, 09:11:22 AM
Wow 1k of bugs sounds harsh I gonna se if I can make it possible to lower the amount some so it get more balanced.
Don't worry abt fixing this. It is Cassandra, or the 'classic', they progressively send more stuff, like I could get over 600 raiders, and few raids later, where I didn't go see the LifeformScanner's output, that raiders are spilling-in to everywhere on the map, even inside my roofed based/rooms. i.e. the original spawning location isn't enough to hold all of them. haha can't continue in that even if I wanted to try, the game totally lagged me out and fried my brain.

Haha alright! ^^
Gonna make a overview over the points of the bugs anyway. :)
I have some thoughts of having different bugs of the same type with more or less health. To make it more interesting. :) 1000 bugs with 1 health and 2bugs with 50 each something like that many not that amount and health. But it is a example :)

Evul

mrofa

Dont add 1000 bugs, my pc cant handle 500 pirates not to mention 1000 bugs X_X
All i do is clutter all around.

Evul

My computer can't handle it eather. So i will not add it. :)

DarkXess

*Sorry for the delay, been on my travels - working on updating all the mod pages etc now.

Thanks for posting your update, mirrors and download page updated :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

Evul

Quote from: DarkXess on June 28, 2014, 02:08:19 PM
*Sorry for the delay, been on my travels - working on updating all the mod pages etc now.

Thanks for posting your update, mirrors and download page updated :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

Sweet! :D

Evul

Update will be out soon. Have some issues fining all the changes made to the Pawns, Factions etc. Also i might need to rewrite the turret code but i don't know this yet.

AstronauticalFerret

Love this mod. While the animations are a little funky I enjoy getting into massive battles with the arachnids. Got myself a little desert map that reminds me of Outpost 29 (If only that game actually went big lol).

I got a couple of questions however.

1. Do you plan to make a custom Storyteller that focuses on bugs and massive swarms? IE- Choose Rico for a normal story that lets the player have a chance. Or choose Razak if you're looking for a near impossible challenge that makes Cleopatra look like a sissy?

2. May I tinker with this mod? I want to make swarms bigger and make the bugs deadlier along with being faster. I don't plan to distribute anything, but I'd like your permission anyways. 

3. Do you plan in bring out more bug species? Like the Flyers who could only be targeted by a player or AA turret.

4.What are the long term goals of this? Are you looking to create a full on optional story-line mode to replace vanilla for those who want something fresh or nostalgic?

Thank you!