[A15] Expanded Traits and Misc Mods

Started by TheFlameTouched, May 14, 2016, 03:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Trait rolls about right?

No, Higher tier traits barely ever roll for me.
5 (29.4%)
No, I have too many Higher tier traits.
0 (0%)
Yes, It's just right
7 (41.2%)
Yes, I have lots of higher tier traits
0 (0%)
Whole system needs redoing
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 19, 2016, 02:51:04 PM

Sarelth

Just a quick observation, shouldn't the Religious and Fanatic Mental Break modifier be a negative %, to show they are stronger willed or are they meant to break easier?

TheFlameTouched

Should be negative, I must of forgot the minus.

Anrui

Hey flame, great mod. I'm rather newish to modding but I was looking through the XML files and when I saw the Introvert one I got an idea to spice things up and make the mod more interesting.

For example for the Introvert trait you could code it similar to the vanilla Pyro trait and give it random HideinRoom mental breaks like the Pyro starts fires. I feel like the Pyro trait is a great example on how much you could play around with stuff, especially when it comes to the personality traits, I feel like they could use some more to them. Imaging if Killer could randomly go berserk sometimes if they haven't killed in a while? What if Agoraphobia have a chance of randomly having a mental break when they don't have cabin fever? I think some flavor would make this mod awesome.

Sarelth

Thought of another Trait idea, this one being a negative trait.

Weak Stomach
The pawn can not stand the sight of blood or violence. When around blood or forced to fight they get sick to their stomach (Immediate mood penalty and movement penalty). And if possibly get the vomit effect from Gut Worms perhaps.

I am reading through the xml files looking for some way to use the vomit aspect. Or how to make a pawn react a certain way to filth.

Anrui

I think that'll have to be done in the .dll in C# probably instead of just the XMLs

Sarelth

Agreed, I think it would a dll thing. I can't find any way to call the sickness aspect for a trait. But then I am not a gift modder, so there may be a way I just can't see.

justinpatrick1011

Hey, owner, can I have a download link for version 1.2a? I am staying in Alpha 13 for a while, until later on, where most mods are updated to A14?

TheFlameTouched

I'll see if I have one somewhere still :) no promises though

Father Ted

None of the combat traits appear to be providing a skill increase. I tested efficient worker and that does increase the workspeed so I assume the other effects are still working. I tried disabling all other mods and creating a new colony and the issue persists. I am using the latest version of the mod.

TheFlameTouched

I don't know what to say about that one. I'm using the traits myself and everything works perfectly for me. I assume your help version is correct, and since efficient worker is working you have installed it correctly. Perhaps redownload and try again.

Father Ted

I think that perhaps my math was just off initially. I was using the add trait command from the debug menu but I think that for whatever reason it doesn't cause the skills to change. When I instead spawned a whole bunch of colonists and looked at which ones had the combat traits the skills appear to be correct. So I believe everything is in order.

TheFlameTouched

Ah, I'm glad it's working for you

fidelfc

Just a suggestion:
What if fat/fit got bonus/penalties in the temperature?
As someone who lost some weight i can say that the difference is noticeable.

SpaceDorf

A suggestion to the main thread.
Please add the date of your last version to it. :)
Makes it easier to check.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Adventurer

Can we get consistent naming please?

Thread is named More Traits.

In-game listing is Expanded Traits.

Directory name is Trait Pack.